Cove Rangers v Queens

Greenacres

9 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

I missed two of the goals and wanted to see the red card again. Ive not intention of watching any more!

Probably worth watching the two saves close together by Brynn which were very good, especially the second one. Someone suggested he should have done better for the equalising goal but I didn't get a good view of that one (and I can't bring myself to watch it again).

20 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Not the worst result and would have taken it pre-match. The utter predictability of us failing to see the game out is just so depressing though.

I think we’ve scored a late goal to change the outcome of a game once this season - v Dunfermline when we scored in 85th minute to win.
I think we’ve conceded a late goal (or, at least the last goal in the second half) that changed the outcome of a game 10 times.
Motherwell was 2-2, then conceded in 75th minute to lose the game.
Thistle 2-2, lost in 84th min.
Killie 0-0, lost in 91st min.
Accies 1-1, lost in 74th min.
ICT 1-1, lost in 81st min.
Ayr 1-1, lost in 78th min.
Accies 0-0, lost in 75th min.
Raith 1-0 up, drew by conceding in 70th min.
Arbroath 1-0 up, drew by conceding in 67th min.
Cove 2-1 up, drew by conceding in 91st min.

26 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’m not happy with it but realistic enough for it to have been a match that I thought we might well lose. The reality is Cove are one place below us in the Scottish football “ladder”.
Every chance they’ll be in the league above us next season.
It’s not mutually exclusive to be fed up with the team and yet feel it’s not the worst result.

Really ?

Come on ! Big difference between league 1 and the championship  particularly when you consider Cove are part time. 
Perhaps you’ve answered your own question. Essentially this is a game that we should have won and by giving Johnston more time is only prolonging the agony and for all the stats folks, reducing his win percentage 

55 minutes ago, lesterplunkett said:

Really ?

Come on ! Big difference between league 1 and the championship  particularly when you consider Cove are part time. 
Perhaps you’ve answered your own question. Essentially this is a game that we should have won and by giving Johnston more time is only prolonging the agony and for all the stats folks, reducing his win percentage 

I'm certainly not suggesting Johnston should get more time.

I think you might be overstating the quality in the Championship, especially the bottom end of it. Ayr struggled past Albion Rovers today and Hamilton lost to Auchenleck Talbot.

We'll need to agree to disagree that this is a game we should have won. It's a tie that either side could have won and I'd maintain the replay could go either way. That's not to big up Cove in any way, just a reflection that we are a very poor side. Some ability in the side but week on week easy to play against and mentally weak. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’m not happy with it but realistic enough for it to have been a match that I thought we might well lose. The reality is Cove are one place below us in the Scottish football “ladder”.
Every chance they’ll be in the league above us next season.
It’s not mutually exclusive to be fed up with the team and yet feel it’s not the worst result.

Totally this.

I genuinely fully expected us to lose today - I saw Cove as fairly strong favourites, given the form of the respective sides.

Ostensibly, that makes today's a decent result.  It's still nothing to get excited about though, and the fact that we failed to win despite entering stoppage time in front, feels bloody typical.

Well perhaps I’m living in the past. I used to go and see cove play at Allan park back in the day and whilst i appreciate this is now a league team l, I’m disappointed that queens can’t beat a part time team who are in the lower league. Perhaps what disappoints me more is that queens fans are satisfied with this result. 

12 minutes ago, lesterplunkett said:

Well perhaps I’m living in the past. I used to go and see cove play at Allan park back in the day and whilst i appreciate this is now a league team l, I’m disappointed that queens can’t beat a part time team who are in the lower league. Perhaps what disappoints me more is that queens fans are satisfied with this result. 

I too am disaapointed that we can't beat a part time team from a lower league but living in the present I also realise how poor we are.

I'm not so much satisfied with the result (I'm not satisfied) rather more accepting that IMHO it wouldn't in any way have been a shock if we had gone out today. As such I don't see it as an awful result.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Terrible conditions - just about thawed out. We keep persevering with a formation that simply doesn’t work. On paper 3 up looks positive but it never works like that. First half against a very strong wind we struggled to get out and Cove dominated. Reasonable assumption was that we should be camped in their half second half!!!! We created virtually nothing with the wind and Cove’s midfield ran the show with our mob dropping deeper and deeper. Could have lost several goals late on and Brynn saved us with a few great saves. He  and Gibson were both excellent - our midfield was woeful again and retreating “with the wind” was frankly inexcusable.

Nditi’s awful challenge got exactly what it deserved - no problem with the decision. I don’t go to football to watch players commit dangerous professional fouls. Most referees would have given a yellow but that is a red for me although quite why he saw the need to commit the foul deep in opposition half is beyond me.

Overall, second best and lucky to get a second chance despite losing a very late equaliser. 

35 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I too am disaapointed that we can't beat a part time team from a lower league but living in the present I also realise how poor we are.

I'm not so much satisfied with the result (I'm not satisfied) rather more accepting that IMHO it wouldn't in any way have been a shock if we had gone out today. As such I don't see it as an awful result.

I think we’re both of the opinion that things need changing quickly. “Accepting “ and disappointed are relative. 

Perhaps indicative of nostalgia, realism, lack of insight or bias 

I maintain that Johnston needs sacked 

That was about as cold as I’ve ever been at a game. 
Anyone seen a conclusive angle of the first? Impossible to tell if it was in from our end. 
Never a red card, it’s a nailed on yellow every day of the week. 
Johnston jnr continues to be the shining example of why Johnston snr needs punted. Empty jersey, yet again. 
Brynn was superb, and Gibson was his usual solid self. I thought Cochrane and McGrory were both pretty decent as well, in spite of the awful formation. 

11 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Like your avatar photo there Parttimesupporter ... looks like Alan Ball against Rangers, the cup quarter final back in the late 70's perhaps with the old coo shed in the background?

Sure it is that game, looks like the odious Derek Johnstone behind the great man.