Cove Rangers v Queens

Greenacres

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2021 at 15:11, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Greenacres, do you have a template for your opening posts, it's just repetition of the same negative drivel with the opposition name changed. 

It is top of Div 1 v Bottom of the Championship you try and find something positive to say about that .

OK, call me hypocritical after my previous post but you could offer me a private helicopter to take me up to this game, with a slap-up meal and centrally heated viewing gallery to watch the game in  thrown in, but I doubt I'll be making the effort to go to this one. If I was going it would probably be to tick off one of the few grounds I've not been to before. Queens will be the underdogs so there's a very slight chance they'll pull off a shock. I would have been happy if they'd manage to get a replay out of it, but amarite that  the ties are now decided on the day with extra time and penalties if needed? I always enjoy good cup run but  it's very doubtful if Queens will manage one this year. 

OK, call me hypocritical after my previous post but you could offer me a private helicopter to take me up to this game, with a slap-up meal and centrally heated viewing gallery to watch the game in  thrown in, but I doubt I'll be making the effort to go to this one. If I was going it would probably be to tick off one of the few grounds I've not been to before. Queens will be the underdogs so there's a very slight chance they'll pull off a shock. I would have been happy if they'd manage to get a replay out of it, but amarite that  the ties are now decided on the day with extra time and penalties if needed? I always enjoy good cup run but  it's very doubtful if Queens will manage one this year. 

I’m pretty sure the no replays rule comes into play in round 4 in January so if this game ends in a draw on Saturday we will indeed take Cove back to “Fortress Palmerston” [emoji15] for a replay.
Edit to add the SFA site confirms that any required replay will be on Tuesday 7th December with 7.45 kick off.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/third-round-fixture-information-2021-22/?rid=14258

29 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’m pretty sure the no replays rule comes into play in round 4 in January so if this game ends in a draw on Saturday we will indeed take Cove back to “Fortress Palmerston” emoji15.png for a replay.
Edit to add the SFA site confirms that any required replay will be on Tuesday 7th December with 7.45 kick off.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/third-round-fixture-information-2021-22/?rid=14258

Thanks for that, someone obviously not itk told me no replays from  this round onwards.

To be fair to Greenacres, I can't imagine there's many, if any Queens fans with anything positive to say just now. Still, you never know .... 

There is very little positive to say just now. Northfield's comments won't be out of place. The problem is it's the same tedious shite from the guy regardless of how the side are doing. He offers absolutely nothing to a discussion other than complaining constantly. Have a look back at some match threads and 9/10 he's posted missing when we win. I'm a pessimistic fan but even then you give praise when it's due.

FWIW, McBookie have Cove at 13/10 just now. Pretty shocked they aren't odds on tbh.

Roy for Cameron in my opinion

Agree. I don't think Roy is our saviour per se but he's a far bigger goal threat than Cameron has shown to be so far. I
In his defence, it's a thankless task being asked to pluck the ball out the air all the time but even with it at his feet I've yet to see what all the fuss is about. I'd much prefer Cameron alongside Roy but as we know, AJ will persist with this losing formula until such times as he doesn't have the bodies available to carry it out so it'll have to be one striker to choose.

8 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

Bryn

Gibson

McKay

Nditi

Cooper

McGrory

Todd

Cochrane

Connolly

Cameron

Paton

Very narrow midfield, but I don't think we have much option. 

The only thing that will prevent AJ selecting his boy ahead of Todd is if Max is injured, or the highly unlikely situation that Motherwell don't want him cup-tied.  Week in, week out if and when the midfield aren't performing well Max gets 90 minutes while every other midfielder takes turns to get hooked before being benched the week after.

I'd like to see Connelly playing in the hole behind a front two of Roy and Paton but AJ seems to think Cameron up top on his own is the answer to our goalscoring problem.  (It isn't).

I have to say that I've rarely felt less excited about a QOS Scottish Cup tie and have mixed feelings about how I'd like it to go.  Win, and we have chance of a moneyspinning draw but AJ stinks the place out for a bit longer... lose, and he HAS to go, no ifs, no buts.

Edited by Slipmat

Johnston's thinking on starting line-up: 

Brynn

Johnston 

Cameron (if Killie allow) 

Plus any other 8 (except Todd and Roy of course) 

Subs:

Todd, Roy and whoever's left that travelled up. 

His thinking on fomation:

Maybe 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 or 4-1-4-1 or 3-4-3 or 3-5-1-1 or 3-5-2. Fuckit, let the players work it out for themselves. 

Looking forward to this tie, mainly to chalk another ground off my list.  Cove are playing well at present, and we are not so they will rightly fancy their chances.  A defeat here has got to spell the end for Johnston.

Not sure what I want from this, naturally I'd like a win and a good cup run to bring in some revenue.  However a win here would just buy him more time.  It would probably be better to take the defeat (that most of us expect) on the chin, and get this clown of a manager out.  Can we really see our board of directors taking the necessary action though?

'Well fan here. Going to Cove as their ground is the last senior ground for me to visit. I also very much like the early rounds of the Scottish Cup where honest endeavour and the dream of getting a 'big team' in the following round makes for great excitement.

This season I took in Newtongrange Vs Dalbeattie in first round and St Cuthbert Wanderers Vs Gala Fairydean Rovers in the second. 

If Cove Vs QOS offers the same interest then a good day is assured 

Fwiw I see Cove edging it but if QOS can play like they did at Fir Park in League Cup then they could be in the hat for 4 th round