Which Clubs in the Lowland League in Five Seasons' Time?

Dev

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Starting with Drumchapel Utd, in the first full season post Covid vaccinations the Drum in a dogfight with Petershill will take it to the last game to decide who goes up. 

So fair play to them on the football side of things.

Stage 2 would be hopefully, to get things moving regarding off the park.

I'd like to think the Donald Dewar sports centre could be brought up to licence mark.

Again I'm hopeful the Drum could attract a crowd with a winning team certainly on par with Yoker if not Clydebank.

I'm sure more than a few who go to Holm Park have a Drumchapel connection.

Now for Petershill, the Peasy i believe applied for a licence and failed because you can see into the ground from the path behind one of the goals.

Okay for Scotland Ladies international team but not okay for a Scottish Cup tie!!!

One other problem for Peasy i see is the support.

I think and i hope I'm totally wrong here but there's a possibility the Pyramid might have came too late for Petershill, ie the old support have died off.

But, there's always a but, leaving the city centre New Petershill Park is the closest non league ground.

There's good rail and road transport links and plenty of parking space.

Get the Peasy a licence and into the Scottish Cup and a bit of luck and publicity who knows the future could be very bright.

Best of luck to both clubs going forward.

None of that is impossible but there's loads of club's with more potential, further on with development of grounds etc than those two.

Strong West of Scotland clubs is where I'd place them.

Just now, Glenconner said:

Name them and tell us all why they have more potential?

Auchinleck, Pollok, Beith, Clydebank, plenty more well supported club's with the existing infrastructure.

Remember big clubs in the east will be going into the LL as well. Not everyone will make it and the two you identify are quite far behind to be reaching LL in 5 years.

28 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Auchinleck, Pollok, Beith, Clydebank, plenty more well supported club's with the existing infrastructure.

Remember big clubs in the east will be going into the LL as well. Not everyone will make it and the two you identify are quite far behind to be reaching LL in 5 years.

Did you even read the post i was replying to?

3 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Did you even read the post i was replying to?

Yes, and I did again.  The point remains, those two are not who I would identify as having more potential than other clubs lower down the pyramid.

You seem to be looking for offence, where none is intended. They are good clubs but so are plenty of others who I think have advantages over them in terms of promotion.

On 27/10/2021 at 13:49, oneteaminglasgow said:

Are there any clubs currently below the East/West Premier divisions who would look to have a realistic possibility of making it to the SPFL at any point soon? Not next 5 years, presumably, but are there maybe some with the potential?

And, while the bottom half of the current league two are obviously in the most imminent danger, realistically every part time club in the SPFL could face the drop at some point.

Ask Sergeant Wilson.

😀😀😀

Now for Petershill, the Peasy i believe applied for a licence and failed because you can see into the ground from the path behind one of the goals.
Okay for Scotland Ladies international team but not okay for a Scottish Cup tie!!!

There are other reasons why Peasy haven't pursued their Licensing application as yet. They did not "fail", no club really fails, as once you apply you are in the system until you reach compliance. You do not need to re-apply. Ground facilities are only a small percentage of the requirements for Licensing, many people massively underestimate the amount of training courses, qualifications and paperwork exercises involved in the process. Petershill did not just fail because of a bit of see-through fence.

Based on the Roonba's Scottish club ranking and assuming all clubs have a license starting from next season, this should be the list of teams in 2027-2028.

Albion Rovers
Berwick Rangers
Bo'ness United
Broomhill
Caledonian Braves
Celtic U20
Civil Service Strollers
Clydebank
Cowdenbeath
Darvel
East Fife
East Stirlingshire
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Rangers U20
Spartans
Stirling Albion
Tranent Juniors
University of Stirling

7 minutes ago, Edgar81 said:

Based on the Roonba's Scottish club ranking and assuming all clubs have a license starting from next season, this should be the list of teams in 2027-2028.

Albion Rovers
Berwick Rangers
Bo'ness United
Broomhill
Caledonian Braves
Celtic U20
Civil Service Strollers
Clydebank
Cowdenbeath
Darvel
East Fife
East Stirlingshire
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Rangers U20
Spartans
Stirling Albion
Tranent Juniors
University of Stirling

+2 Real clubs

Made a couple of wee tweaks for you there.

So Bonnyrigg, EK, Pollok and Auchinleck Talbot in the SPFL by then and VoL, Gretna, Edinburgh Uni, Dalbeattie Star and Cumbernauld Colts in the LL feeders? Think that's maybe a bit too optimistic on how the Club 42 playoffs will go for LL champions. Doubt East Fife will be a factor in tier 5 any time soon but stranger things have happened and that's maybe because I'm old enough to remember them playing in the old First Division.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Doubt East Fife will be a factor in tier 5 any time soon but stranger things have happened and that's maybe because I'm old enough to remember them playing in the old First Division.

We've no doubt plummeted down these ranking things because we've been stinking out League One all season but I'd still be surprised if we were at tier 5 within 5 years. I don't think any part-time team is every going to be immune from that possibility but we haven't finished in the bottom half of League Two in 20 years now.

I'd still expect us to be competitive in League Two next season rather than 'doing a Brechin'. There's still a decent handful of clubs I'd put at higher risk than us - Stranraer, Annan, Stenny, Edinburgh, etc.

• 1 year later...