Which Clubs in the Lowland League in Five Seasons' Time?

Dev

9 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Maybe not big but potentially influential. Look at what Brechin's previous bleating about the boundary line has caused already. Throw Stenny, Albion Rovers, Cowden and Forfar down to tier 5 and their combined mewlings about how hard it is to get back in the SPFL might make those who remain act. 

Who knows right enough. This is the first season of having a full pyramid and I think a lot of folk are just waiting to get through a season of it before the question the set up with too much noise.

Boundary issue is such a minor thing though. A big change like promotion/relegation might be a different matter. Especially if it means more money in the form of parachute payments.

Although when it comes to Stenny. It does look like Iain McMenemy might be one to climb the blazeratti. He was on that working group for league reconstruction if I remember right.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

There’s going to come a time that automatic relegation from League 2 is going to happen. You look at the number of teams looking to move up the system, the ambition they have and the standard they are playing at, there’s only so long the old guard can cling to their play-off safety net. Such an exciting time for Scottish football, I hope we can move on from all this pish over colt teams and boundaries sooner rather than later.

You say an exciting time for Scottish football . That depends how far up the ladder the excitement extends.

If it was as exciting as you make out , all the talks etc would be on the same pages as the Steve Gerrard , will he , won't he  saga.

I agree with the automatic relegation by the way and can't believe it has not been addressed before now. 

2 hours ago, BS7 said:

See if(when) BSC Glasgow Alloa Broomhill get relegated, do they drop into the EOS or WOS?

EOS? So what happens if(when) they get a ground in Glasgow?

There's no special arrangement. They'd be stuck in the East unless they wanted to start over in the West most likely. 

If they're ever relegated I'd imagine they'd scramble for something or give up the ghost. 

Edited by FairWeatherFan

I don't want to say "accommodated" as they had as much right to be there than the ex junior lot but the WoSFL put Bonnyton right into the Premier League and have expanded the Premier League so no-one was denied promotion due to Covid. No one is forcing Kello into the SoS and Harthill were accepted in without any of the "is the stadium in West Lothian or Lanarkshire?" debate. If the long term aim for Broomhill is genuinely playing in the West I think the WoSFL would still let them in. Possibly with a deadline to find a ground? Alloa's still a fairly easy journey. They've been accommodating to clubs so far. 

Broomhill are, of course, a fucking shambles so they might not get the favour others have.

13 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I don't want to say "accommodated" as they had as much right to be there than the ex junior lot but the WoSFL put Bonnyton right into the Premier League and have expanded the Premier League so no-one was denied promotion due to Covid. No one is forcing Kello into the SoS and Harthill were accepted in without any of the "is the stadium in West Lothian or Lanarkshire?" debate. If the long term aim for Broomhill is genuinely playing in the West I think the WoSFL would still let them in. Possibly with a deadline to find a ground? Alloa's still a fairly easy journey. They've been accommodating to clubs so far. 

Broomhill are, of course, a fucking shambles so they might not get the favour others have.

Based on where they are located and the agreement between the WoS and EoS over their boundary, Broomhill will be relegated to the EoSFL.

By the way. There was a debate around Harthill. They were given an exception due to their unique circumstances. All the other West Lothian teams that applied to the WoSFL, or showed an interest, were directed to the EoSFL.

If Broomhill do go down, there is the potential for them to try to get into the West and ground share/build at a non-licensed ground, with the potential long-term goal of coming back to the LL after making the necessary upgrades.

That of course would depend on the owner's appetite to run a 6th tier with no immediate hope of getting back to the 5th, which given they seem to have sacrificed their relationship with BSC for a say in the running of the Lowland, I am admittedly sceptical about. 

On 11/11/2021 at 00:22, BS7 said:

See if(when) BSC Glasgow Alloa Broomhill get relegated, do they drop into the EOS or WOS?

EOS? So what happens if(when) they get a ground in Glasgow?

Let's just cross our fingers and hope they go bust before then.

57 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59262898?fbclid=IwAR1eYVPuAVE2C_bEsmNlqDRSQIGBXclTNraMIKJaN6jQVRkZOz9CDmFxgrQ

Good article about Bonnyrigg Rose, their manager making it very clear how he feels about the promotion play-offs and relegation from the Lowland League.

Interesting article with a terrible closing pun, I'd no idea about the recent financial history. I do think it's only Colts-related nonsense hampering the play-offs that will stop them being promoted this season now.

17 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Interesting article with a terrible closing pun, I'd no idea about the recent financial history. I do think it's only Colts-related nonsense hampering the play-offs that will stop them being promoted this season now.

Well there is also the matter of meeting SPFL membership criteria, namely the requirement for a safety certificate from the local council (something which is over and above licensing). As we've seen with Edinburgh City, the grass banking will be out of use in the SPFL, so there's some ground related work needed. (as detailed by Prorege on NLM)

Didn't know about the financial situation either, suppose that explains their 10th place Superleague finish in 2009-10.

6 hours ago, Ginaro said:

the requirement for a safety certificate from the local council (something which is over and above licensing). As we've seen with Edinburgh City, the grass banking will be out of use in the SPFL

Is that certain?

Bonnyrigg's council = Midlothian, not City of Edinburgh.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Is that certain?

Bonnyrigg's council = Midlothian, not City of Edinburgh.

I'm not certain but just presuming Midlothian will be the same, and will be working off the same guidance from the Green Guide? Assuming that says grass banking can't be used.

Don't know of any SPFL grounds where grass banking is in place. (maybe Kelty but they have a path at the top)

Worth bearing in mind prorege is a Cowdenbeath fan, who may not be heartbroken at the thought of Club 42 playoffs not happening due to a technicality. Some of the stuff he posted about the last set of playoffs certainly appeared consistent with that.

Even without the grass banking, Bonnyrigg would have a decent enough capacity for League Two. One side and one end has hard standing with plenty of cover. 

He is also conviently ignoring the recent Official Catchup podcast tweet about the LL being forced to accept a boundary rule change that points to the colts team rule angle having been resolved.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Worth bearing in mind prorege is a Cowdenbeath fan, who may not be heartbroken at the thought of Club 42 playoffs not happening due to a technicality. Some of the stuff he posted about the last set of playoffs certainly appeared consistent with that.

Even without the grass banking, Bonnyrigg would have a decent enough capacity for League Two. One side and one end has hard standing with plenty of cover. 

He is also conviently ignoring the recent Official Catchup podcast tweet about the LL being forced to accept a boundary rule change that points to the colts team rule angle having been resolved.

Ah, that explains the churlish comments about Bonnyriggs lack of style.