Which Clubs in the Lowland League in Five Seasons' Time?

Dev

12 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Seems unlikely that could happen through a change to the Club 42 playoff rule but we don't know all of the ramifications yet.

Yet you seem adamant that Brechin would want to jump ship to the LL ?  

As I alluded in the similar HL thread , you can't just make shit up based on rumour and shite, vindictive  journalism. 

15 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

So team 42 can nominate which league they go into. But surely teams already in the LL/HL can't say "we want to jump the boundary and stay at tier 5" and everyone has to acquiesce? 

It's not clear.

It could either follow the HL Pyramid Playoff model where the SPFL2 clubs nominate their league at the start of the season.

Or

The LL Pyramid Playoff model where the leagues involved decide amongst themselves.

Other than the Angus SPFL clubs its doubtful anything really changes.

You know the only way this could be funnier / more farcical... if Broomhill are the ones pushed out of the LL because Elgin decide they want to recruit players from Glasgow, rather than Moray.

Edited by Gordon EF

There seems to be a general assumption that club 42 will automatically drop down each season no matter what . Unless there has been a change that I have missed , there is still the play off.   I am reasonably confident in saying that there can't be many more clubs who are in the same state of disrepair than Brechin were last season and will surely give the LL/HL side a good game. 

7 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

There seems to be a general assumption that club 42 will automatically drop down each season no matter what . Unless there has been a change that I have missed , there is still the play off.   I am reasonably confident in saying that there can't be many more clubs who are in the same state of disrepair than Brechin were last season and will surely give the LL/HL side a good game. 

My suspicion is that assuming Bonnyrigg maintain their current form and don't suffer key injuries, that they will be tough for the HL champions and club 42 this season.

11 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

My suspicion is that assuming Bonnyrigg maintain their current form and don't suffer key injuries, that they will be tough for the HL champions and club 42 this season.

Aye you could be right. 

Also heard a few rumours that should any of the colt teams finish top of LL then no champion will go forward and the HL champion will face club 42.  Any truth in that or just another fabricated story ? 

11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Also heard a few rumours that should any of the colt teams finish top of LL then no champion will go forward and the HL champion will face club 42.  Any truth in that or just another fabricated story ? 

The LL didn't get their new rules approved by the SFA at the start of the season. That would allow them to nominate the highest placed non-Colt side.

That seems to be fixed now with the news that the HL/LL boundary has been scrapped. As the SFA were trying to force that through in exchange for accepting the new rules. You might consider that fabricated if it wasn't for the fact a couple of LL Board members quit over it and George Fraser would standdown as the LL Chairperson.

Fortunately, Bonnyrigg are looking good to finish 1st.

21 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That seems to be fixed now with the news that the HL/LL boundary has been scrapped.

The only place I've seen anything about this is here on P&B. Was this officially announced anywhere? There's certainly nothing that I can find on the LL web site.

12 minutes ago, Myles Offside said:

The only place I've seen anything about this is here on P&B. Was this officially announced anywhere? There's certainly nothing that I can find on the LL web site.

It stems from a post by the OfficialCatchUp podcast, who get the odd bit of news from their sources. It's a been at least a week now without any real update.

I would also say on the LL website front, it has been poorly maintained this year compared with previous efforts. The most recent bit of news is Vale of Leithen looking for a manager from over a month ago. Kind of understandable they're struggling for a sponsor if that's the best they can do.

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It stems from a post by the OfficialCatchUp podcast, who get the odd bit of news from their sources. It's a been at least a week now without any real update.

I would also say on the LL website front, it has been poorly maintained this year compared with previous efforts. The most recent bit of news is Vale of Leithen looking for a manager from over a month ago. Kind of understandable they're struggling for a sponsor if that's the best they can do.

Cheers.

Agreed, the web site has been sadly neglected this season. Obviously the bribe money they got from the OF hasn't been channeled in that direction....

19 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

The LL is gonna be crazily difficult to get out of in a few yrs time....Any team relegated into it from League 2,Auchinleck,Clydebank,Pollok,Darvel,Kilwinning,Penicuik,Linlithgow etc etc..... ......

This is why quite a few current part time SPFL sides maybe  have to seriously look at their set up and up their game if they are to compete with the new money from below. 

We have been the perfect example of the result of complacency .

There’s going to come a time that automatic relegation from League 2 is going to happen. You look at the number of teams looking to move up the system, the ambition they have and the standard they are playing at, there’s only so long the old guard can cling to their play-off safety net. Such an exciting time for Scottish football, I hope we can move on from all this pish over colt teams and boundaries sooner rather than later.

Promotion/Relegation spots are usually driven by "big" clubs struggling to return to where they were. If you end up with a few more ex-SPFL clubs struggling to return after close misses the clubs above will worry less about relegation and more about the difficulty of returning once the inevitable relegation happens. 

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Promotion/Relegation spots are usually driven by "big" clubs struggling to return to where they were. If you end up with a few more ex-SPFL clubs struggling to return after close misses the clubs above will worry less about relegation and more about the difficulty of returning once the inevitable relegation happens. 

Problem is I don't think the Club 42 candidates can be considered "big" clubs to those with power within the SPFL.

I think there might be more of a change if the likes of Cove Rangers, Kelty Hearts, and some others start encroaching on the Championship. You then have the full time teams putting pressure on things due to bouncing between the 2nd & 3rd Tiers.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Problem is I don't think the Club 42 candidates can be considered "big" clubs to those with power within the SPFL.

Maybe not big but potentially influential. Look at what Brechin's previous bleating about the boundary line has caused already. Throw Stenny, Albion Rovers, Cowden and Forfar down to tier 5 and their combined mewlings about how hard it is to get back in the SPFL might make those who remain act. 

Who knows right enough. This is the first season of having a full pyramid and I think a lot of folk are just waiting to get through a season of it before the question the set up with too much noise.