Clydebank FC v Elgin City TONIGHT

8 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Paddy power, skybet, bet365 aswell as mcbookie all had odds on the 1st game 

Mon the papers

I meant the odds on Saturdays games, McBookie was only ones giving odds on 2nd round games. Couldn’t even get them in William Hill shop

Well done to all involved at the Bankies. My dad is a born and bred Bankie and grew up supporting Clydebank. He often regales us with tales of travelling down to Stranraer on Tuesday night. After moving to Cumbernauld in the 80s, he now goes to Clyde games alongside me and my brother. At the time my brother and I were both getting into football, it was the early 2000s and unfortunately the original Clydebank had been taken over by Airdrie (and I use “taken over” politely) and my dad wanted us to support our local team so Clyde it was. Regardless, he’s delighted tonight. The scenario of “Who would you support?” if we ever met was a frequent topic of conversation when we were growing up. Even now he’s saying he can’t lose.

We’ve still gone along to plenty of Clydebank games including two of the promotions at Glenhead, one at Bellshill, one at Holm Park, a fair few Sectional League Cup finals and, of course, the Junior Cup final. I have fond memories of watching the likes of Mark Hailstones, Andy Kenna, Stefan Gonet, Stevie Dallas and Stevie Dymock, Chris Mackie and Alan Jack for my self-proclaimed second team growing up. The ultimate glory hunting Clydebank supporter, I suppose.

Having been there on Monday, I would not be surprised if Clydebank turned Clyde over. We really are in dreadful form and must be the slowest team playing in any senior league on the planet currently. Clydebank on the other hand, were brave, pacy down the flanks (in the second half anyway) and battled away well in midfield.

Whilst blind loyalty has me hoping for a Clyde victory, if any team are to beat us, as many have this season, I’d be happier if it were Clydebank. Looking forward to being at Holm Park next month.

What a day in elgin decided 2 go up elgin on supporters bus with ma dad and what a laugh and sing song on way up. Onto the game and i thought we were amazing from jambo donnelly catching every cross and saving every shot (bar 1) 2 jamie darroch doing a 12 hour shift friday night and then drive 2 elgin and put in a performance the real ramos wouldve been proud of, nicky doing wit nicky does again, bilbo and lee on wings causing loads of problems but motm for me was slattery he was invovled innevertthing good we did and him and blackie put in some shift in midfield. This bankie was even crying at full time. Very proud moment 

Proud to be a bankie

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

What a day in elgin decided 2 go up elgin on supporters bus with ma dad and what a laugh and sing song on way up. Onto the game and i thought we were amazing from jambo donnelly catching every cross and saving every shot (bar 1) 2 jamie darroch doing a 12 hour shift friday night and then drive 2 elgin and put in a performance the real ramos wouldve been proud of, nicky doing wit nicky does again, bilbo and lee on wings causing loads of problems but motm for me was slattery he was invovled innevertthing good we did and him and blackie put in some shift in midfield. This bankie was even crying at full time. Very proud moment 

Proud to be a bankie

Mon the papers

Mate when you think of all those shite games during the post kilbowie years its perfectly alright to have a cry! Ptbab!!