Motherwell v St Mirren 27/10/21

26 minutes ago, ropy said:

But subbuteo was a great game, my cousin had it, I was jealous 

Years ago, a friend of mine did a university art graduate project called "Situation Subbuteo" where a normal location is turned into an 'adult' sized Subbuteo game. Similar in a fashion to how "flash mobs" worked. He'd kill me for not explaining what the whole underlying artistic metaphor was, but you get the general idea.

Edited by Ric

I hadn’t  realised that Flynn had thrown Shields to the ground simultaneously to Watt getting wiped out in the box, should have been awarded 2 penalties.

Also in the first half Fraser wrestles big Sol to the ground, could that have been a penalty?

Edited by ropy

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

I hadn’t  realised that Flynn had thrown Shields to the ground simultaneously to Watt getting wiped out in the box, should have been awarded 2 penalties.

Also in the first half Fraser wrestles big Sol to the ground, could that have been a penalty?

Who the f**k do you think you are, Rangers?

We are really going to be hammered by Rangers on sunday, aren't we?

Once again the performance was worse than the week prior and, no offence to St Mirren Fans, these are the games we should be putting out a performance and winning if we are fighting for the top 6. These kind of results will get us in the bottom 6, safe from relegation but now where near the teams above us.

Really dissapointing result but tbf we were probably lucky to get a pint at the end. Even if the saved penalty stood, I bet we would have 3nded up conceding another one. Kelly really kept us in the game when the rest could not be bothered.

If grimshaw or mcginley are even o  the squad sheet for the Rangers game I might just decide to stay at home a d await the inevitable 3-0+ loss.

Edited by Phillips455

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

If grimshaw or mcginley are even o  the squad sheet for the Rangers game I might just decide to stay at home a d await the inevitable 3-0+ loss.

Poor as he has been recently I didn’t think McGinley had a bad game yesterday until his delicate chip up the line to Carroll ended in the Club 100 beer garden

22 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

St Mirren are an absolute b*****d to play against under Goodwin, they're a much better team than us right now.

I know we get ripped on here for saying it but it is one of the best teams we have had in a long time. Goodwin is a cracking manager too, his signings more often than not are spot on. I think he has to achieve a wee bit more before he gets a move to a bigger club but I fear he won't be with us much longer.

Was expecting a bit more fight and desire from Well. Again they were a nightmare to play against last season when Alexander took over. Looks like he has to freshen up the starting 11 a bit. 

Watt and Kelly are definitely a class above and earned yous a point. 

I think it was a penalty for us, using the old it's a fouls anywhere else on the pitch motto, he got the ball past the defender, if the defender managed to block the ball it wouldn't/shouldn't have been given. 

The retake was a farce though, I'd be seething if that happened to us. 

23 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I know we get ripped on here for saying it but it is one of the best teams we have had in a long time. Goodwin is a cracking manager too, his signings more often than not are spot on. I think he has to achieve a wee bit more before he gets a move to a bigger club but I fear he won't be with us much longer.

In terms of style- and I guess literally personnel in 3 or 4 cases- I thought last night felt a bit like watching us play against Clarke's Killie team- it's pretty rare to see a non city club as well drilled in possession as that. Goodwin not being quite on the same level as Clarke and the league overall being a bit stronger is probably why you'll finish 6th or 7th rather than 3rd though imo 

46 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He's made the transition from "not getting relegated" manager to "actually he's quite good" pretty seamlessly, which is impressive. 

I realise that sounds a bit snide but it isn't intended at all, changing the expectation and bringing everyone with you must be a hard as f**k thing to do.

Signing a bunch of guys you've heard of and a few you've not who all seem to add a bit of quality is a good balance.