Motherwell v St Mirren 27/10/21

On 28/10/2021 at 21:31, YassinMoutaouakil said:

In terms of style- and I guess literally personnel in 3 or 4 cases- I thought last night felt a bit like watching us play against Clarke's Killie team- it's pretty rare to see a non city club as well drilled in possession as that. Goodwin not being quite on the same level as Clarke and the league overall being a bit stronger is probably why you'll finish 6th or 7th rather than 3rd though imo 

Aye we won't finish top 6 unless the arse collapses out of United or Aberdeen, which i cant see happening. I think Perth Saints, yourselves and ourselves could end up in a mini league trying to be the best of the bottom 6. Shocker from us yesterday and it was looking ok for you guys for a while but the honeymoon period for Alexander is definitely over.

Being hard to beat and shitfesting it is ok when its working but when you start to go on losing streaks and the football is never easy on the eye it doesn't take much for fans to get really pissed off.

On 28/10/2021 at 21:53, thisGRAEME said:

He's made the transition from "not getting relegated" manager to "actually he's quite good" pretty seamlessly, which is impressive. 

I realise that sounds a bit snide but it isn't intended at all, changing the expectation and bringing everyone with you must be a hard as f**k thing to do.

Signing a bunch of guys you've heard of and a few you've not who all seem to add a bit of quality is a good balance.

Nah its not snide at all, its spot on. Only stat that mattered was we never won the game whilst the performance was good. Definitely counts for nothing when we put in a shocking performance yesterday.

This league is like that though, if you don't turn up you probably won't win the game, no matter who you play against.

I think we will both be good enough to avoid a relegation battle (famous last words) but as mentioned by YM, the league is stronger this season so it could be another season floating about near the top of the lower half.