Motherwell v St Mirren 27/10/21

Brophy is starting to really look like a fantastic signing. It's not just the goals, though those are nice, it's the all round play, the way he links the midfeild and brings others into the game. So far he's nothing like the guy we were told was greedy and just shot from everywhere.

Not seen much of the game….

But those stats are embarrassing. I am a fan of GA but that is starting to wane a little. He is the main man but he is continuing to play players that to almost all the supporters are not performing. Goss has delivered the sum total of f**k all in his appearances so far. Yet he starts again. 

Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results 🤷‍♂️😡

We didn’t deserve anything from that game. St Mirren’s keeper didn’t make a save of note the whole game. Our midfield is up there with the worst in our history. Brutal.

However, the first goal St Mirren looked offside at the time, I’ve not seen a replay, and people watching at home are saying the penalty save should have stood. I’m not convinced it was a penalty anyway.

Liam Kelly’s save at 2-2 was world class. Him, Watt and Mugabi get pass marks. Shields was alright but he was the one doing the crossing when you’d want him in the box.

SOD looks so uncomfortable when moving and needs to sit a few games out. McGinley isn’t as good as Carroll. The Grimmy midfield experiment is over - he never wants the ball. Goss did hee haw other than his ball in for the opener.

Our fans booing Grimmy’s sideways pass in the build up to the opening goal sums us up.

14 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Not seen much of the game….

But those stats are embarrassing. I am a fan of GA but that is starting to wane a little. He is the main man but he is continuing to play players that to almost all the supporters are not performing. Goss has delivered the sum total of f**k all in his appearances so far. Yet he starts again. 

Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results 🤷‍♂️😡

If you’ve not seen much of the game, then you should stfu.

First 25 minutes of the second half the defensive, midfield and front line were all in the same relative area and we were good because we compressed the game, after the first half where the strikers were playing around Tim Hortons with the other 7 outfielders somewhere around the church.

Comfortable and frustrating St. Mirren, then we switched to a 4-4-2 with Goss wide for some fucking reason and looked an absolute shambles again.

Stop fucking about with it when it's actually working.

Ronan is class.

I switched on the radio to unfortunately be greeted by Richard Foster's voice - he was claiming St Mirren can count themselves fortune to come away with a point. I can only assume he was talking about the penalty incident in isolation as it would have been a travesty had we lost that game. That is as comfortable as I have seen a Saints team at Fir Park. Our usual 15 minute break, excluding half time, was condensed into just the 5 mins and we still managed to concede twice. 

I thought Power was the best player on the park, Ronan a close second but our midfield ran the game throughout. Brophy is great. Kiltie should have won it at the end, terrible header but he did well when he came on too. 

5 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Fascinating fact.  St Mirren have worn their away kit more often than their home kit this season.

Also someone needs to tell those Paisley boys that panda's are cuddly not ferocious.

Yeah, don't know why they wore the red kit tonight, the stripes would clearly not have provided a clash with your amber.

Alexander can f**k off. We attacked for about 5 minutes tonight and scored two goals. First thing he does after that is to take off a forward and bring on O'Hara. Even at 2-2, he takes off Slattery and brings on Carroll? Fucking hell. 

I didn't think the St Mirren penalty was one, but to be fair I was about 80 yards away and I wanted Motherwell to win...so I'd need to see it again. 

All in though, a draw was the least St. Mirren deserved. That's my first time having a look at them this season, and I have to admit Jim Goodwin has got them looking good. They look a very well coached and well drilled side. 

2-2 at home to St Mirren, 5 minutes to go and Alexander keeps 8 outfield players behind the ball and they don't attack in anyway. Have I said that Alexander can f**k off? 

Edited by Desp