Motherwell v St Mirren 27/10/21

Here's a left field option, quite literally, but I wonder if Henderson could be employed to replace Tanser (if he doesn't make it, that is).

Tait's a good player, but you feel Henderson would offer more of an attacking option. Every time I've seen him, though, he's been on the right.

I also like the idea of Reid getting some game time. Both he and Henderson are for the future, but we are in a fairly good place in the league and we might possibly have a bit of a selection headache if both McGrath and Tanser don't make it so we might as well take the opportunity to include them.

1 hour ago, Handsome John said:

You will be able to buy online and ticket will be sent via email as a QR code automatically. 

Wait, is that like the Dundee United game we're you just print off your ticket  (or show it on your phone)?

I have a season ticket so I never had to do that for a home ticket. 

On 25/10/2021 at 15:05, ZingaliMan said:

With injuries brewing I can't see anything other than a Motherwell win. Flynn looks well past his best. Tait was limping at the end of the game on Sunday. Hope I'm wrong. 

Flynn didnt do much wrong at the weekend. His problem is lack of game time. Dunne will probably play full back. Tait was struggling. One player we need to keep fit is Ronan. He is total quality. McGrath is a top player but he can go missing in games. Ronan constantly wants on the ball. 

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Flynn didnt do much wrong at the weekend. His problem is lack of game time. Dunne will probably play full back. Tait was struggling. One player we need to keep fit is Ronan. He is total quality. McGrath is a top player but he can go missing in games. Ronan constantly wants on the ball. 

I think there's a reasonable chance we'll go to a traditional 3-5-2 with Main in for McGrath. Will be interesting to see how Ronan gets on in the 10 role on his own. Totally agree, though, he's an absolute baller.

You have to play as many ex motherwell guys as possible, because they are absolutely guaranteed to come back to haunt us *

Is Dunne fit again?

Based on GAs interview we will have an unchanged side because we were tremendous on Saturday. GA does lie a lot though. I'd like to not see Grimshaw and McGinley. Wouldn't be surprised so see KVV on the bench too.

Let's have a 5-4 with a couple of sendings off and a delay for floodlight failure. I'll be in meetings when the game is on, and in the office too, and every time I miss a midweek game it's a mental one**, so have fun and be nice.

*Results may vary
** twice

This feels like a very ‘meh’ game after our last few.

We could be great and turn round our recent form or we could slump to another narrow defeat without really having a go until late on.

If I’m to take any confidence from our starting 11 then McGinley has to be dropped, would like to see Carroll come back into the team in his place.

On what minute will Richard Tait score?

1 hour ago, ZX1886 said:

This feels like a very ‘meh’ game after our last few.

We could be great and turn round our recent form or we could slump to another narrow defeat without really having a go until late on.

If I’m to take any confidence from our starting 11 then McGinley has to be dropped, would like to see Carroll come back into the team in his place.

On what minute will Richard Tait score?

Old man Tait on 28 

What did 2007 game do for St Mirren?

I just mind it being the straw that broke the Malpas back. I know St Mirren fans laugh at the ST books being launched track side but it was a decent gesture showing if things didn't change folk wouldn't be back next year. Pretty sure there was a wee mini protest and such outside the main stand too.

Mind when folk were laughed at for saying they’d prefer Tait to O’Donnell?
I'm no fan of O'Donnell but I'd have him over the current version of Tait.

I can't say I've seen too much of Tait since he went to St Mirren but when he left us he looked as though he'd lost about 10 yards of pace (something he never really had in the first place).

For his first 2/3 seasons with us I'd have Tait all day long.

31 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Mind when folk were laughed at for saying they’d prefer Tait to O’Donnell?

Of the ten league games so far this season, Tait has only started two and has been an unused sub on four occasions. He's averaging less than half an hour a game.

I'd love to have the 2018/19 season Richard Tait at Motherwell but that's not how time works.

11 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

You must be proud 👏  . 

Proud of Malpas' abomination of a team and tenure?, absolutely not.

Amazed that both St Mirren and Dunfermline could actually be bad enough to finish below the shower of shite we had to endure that year? 100%.

6 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Of the ten league games so far this season, Tait has only started two and has been an unused sub on four occasions. He's averaging less than half an hour a game.

I'd love to have the 2018/19 season Richard Tait at Motherwell but that's not how time works.

We mainly use him as a wing back and although he gets in good positions and is willing to get stuck in he cannot cross a ball to save himself. Now a squad player.