Motherwell v St Mirren 27/10/21

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Aye, throwing season ticket books on to the pitch after the last home game of the season was a bit tinpot.

That’s a different thread, did St Mirren have a big crowd that day?  More than the 110,000 in Fergie’s day?

Guest superward
1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Either way, tough game against the best St Mirren side in 35 years.

Quite pleased a few of them are injured I have to say. 

Guest superward
9 hours ago, Blaze said:

More than adequate replacements are available for the 2 injured players. 

Fair play to the squad depth if you've got an adequate replacement for McGrath - he's been excellent.

Edited by superward

37 minutes ago, superward said:

Fair play to the squad depth if you've got an adequate replacement for McGrath - he's been excellent.

It's more that what we've got to replace him is a decent enough player who isn't a million miles off contending to start. 

McAllister won't last the whole game but he's still a dangerous player. He also did well at Parkhead last season in the formation we are now playing.

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Either way, tough game against the best St Mirren side in 35 years.

I'm afraid it's not quite the feat it was last season to beat us. We've been reliably informed by the man with the Wyscout membership that our signing policy in the summer was a source of much hilarity as all our players were signed based on having played in the cinch Premiership previously rather than ability.

19 hours ago, ropy said:

What is the 2007 folklore, was that the season books on the track day? 

2007 was the most apeshit I've ever gone at a game of football.

I nearly broke my mates nose as I headbutted him with the back of my skull amidst the chaos of the third goal going in.

1 hour ago, superward said:

Tanser can be relatively suitably replaced by Tait.

Erhahon has been excellent lately but I'd imagine Dylan Reid would be able to step into his place if not Ryan Flynn.

McGrath is the big one, we expected to lose him in the summer so clearly signed Greg Kiltie as a replacement for him but Kiltie has not shone alongside him and then got injured. We know he's a solid enough top flight player though. He's now back in training, I don't know if tomorrow is too soon for him to start but we might well give him 60 mins and replace him with Kyle McAllister.

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Tanser can be relatively suitably replaced by Tait.

Erhahon has been excellent lately but I'd imagine Dylan Reid would be able to step into his place if not Ryan Flynn.

McGrath is the big one, we expected to lose him in the summer so clearly signed Greg Kiltie as a replacement for him but Kiltie has not shone alongside him and then got injured. We know he's a solid enough top flight player though. He's now back in training, I don't know if tomorrow is too soon for him to start but we might well give him 60 mins and replace him with Kyle McAllister.

Kiltie never played in this formation to be fair, it was that weird 3-3-2-2 formation with wingbacks, two attacking midfielders, Main and Brophy up front and one of either Power or Erhahon floundering to keep the midfeild together on their own. I think this time if Kiltie or McAllister do come in it'll be a straight swap for McGrath and will suit either of them far better. To be honest, I can see Main coming back in to replace McGrath and Brophy dropping a little deeper.