Falkirk v Raith Rovers

roverthemoon

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I guess with Benedictus out the team, someone else had to step up to the plate for our customary silly red card at the Falkirk stadium. We have had a man sent off on 5 of our last 7 trips there.

Great spirit from the team to grind out the result and winning that way does more to help build that togetherness and spirit of the squad than if it had been 11 vs 11 and we’d won 2/3 nil. 

We know we can be a good footballing side and score lots of goals when we are at our best but, as I’ve said before, this team seems to have a bit more experience and dig than last season and is capable of grinding out results too which is a great sign. 10 men for a full half against Inverness, not at our best but getting something from games away to QOS and the Pars as well as a bit of backs to walls late on at Killie. 

I did worry recently what Bene must be thinking as club captain unable to get back in the side because of the form of Lang, when he himself was playing well before injury. Thought he could be getting a bit frustrated or pissed off at the situation but at the second goal he is one of the first players across to Ross jumping on in the celebrations, great stuff.

Honestly, the way Benedictus, Matthews, Musonda and Poplatnik have all conducted themselves has been outstanding. All of them have been on the bench when they could argue they should be on the team sheet. Each one of them could've chucked the toys out the pram but they've all come on to play vital roles. Poplatnik's pass for the second yesterday was excellent. 

Notably in those highlights was how often a Falkirk player lost a 50/50. Seems like nearly every one was won by a Raith player.
Again, absolutely no reason for you to know this, but this is what we have been watching all season. Our apparent "enforcer" Hetherington is a total shitebag and everyone in the team stands off and avoids engaging opponents physically even just to put pressure on them.

There isnt an easier days work available in Scottish Football atm than playing against Sheerins Falkirk. Most wont even need to wash their kit after it.

I know that picking up on Falkirk player's faults is like shooting fish in a barrel, but look at the positioning of Charlie Telfer (I believe) and Ethan Ross for the winner, from Poplatnik looking for the pass to Ross taking his first touch. 

sketch-1638136638816.thumb.png.e3dbfcf5c6748cd31b192c24e6002059.png

sketch-1638137571727.thumb.png.bad79a0fb2c7ad8a16f371399786b90b.png

sketch-1638136678906.thumb.png.5a5792d4732f27e27159a752500c9960.png

He's got a three yard head start as they enter the frame and he's twelve yards behind by the time the pass is complete. 

Just totally lacking the absolute fundamentals. He can stop that pass from even looking like an option by just matching Ross's initial run for another five strides. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine
Middle frame added for better context.

20 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I know that picking up on Falkirk player's faults is like shooting fish in a barrel, but look at the positioning of Charlie Telfer (I believe) and Ethan Ross for the winner, from Poplatnik looking for the pass to Ross taking his first touch. 

sketch-1638136638816.thumb.png.e3dbfcf5c6748cd31b192c24e6002059.png

sketch-1638137571727.thumb.png.bad79a0fb2c7ad8a16f371399786b90b.png

sketch-1638136678906.thumb.png.5a5792d4732f27e27159a752500c9960.png

He's got a three yard head start as they enter the frame and he's twelve yards behind by the time the pass is complete. 

Just totally lacking the absolute fundamentals. He can stop that pass from even looking like an option by just matching Ross's initial run for another five strides. 

The Falkirk player doesn't know he's there, he catches a glance but by this time Ethan, who is behind him, has already signalled Matej and is away like the Roadrunner.

I know the Falkirk fans prepared us for how shite they are I was a bit surprised how true it was. On and off the park.

Firstly, off the pitch was a total shambles. We arrived at the stadium about 2.35 but the length of time to get into the car park and through the turnstiles meant we missed the first 5 or 10mins of the game. The absolute state of the car park too and disorganised chaos leaving it after the game was total tinpot stuff. 

As for the game itself I can't remember being concerned at any point that we were going to lose that game, 10 men or not. Prior to the red card we were totally dominant and after it we were well organised and that was enough to totally stifle a very one dimensional and limited Falkirk attack, despite them having a fair bit of possession second half. 

I was a bit surprised McGlynn didn't sub off Zanatta instead of Connolly to bring on Musonda. I can only guess that he thought Zanatta would offer us a bit of height/ strength going forward but in reality he offered very little on the day and it became like we were playing with 9 men as the second half wore on. Spencer/ Matthews and Ross put in great shifts in midfield though, they were brilliant.

My MoM was Varion. The amount of balls he won when he had no right to and the way he just keeps going all game is a joy to watch. Total team player and easy to see why McGlynn raves about him. See if the boy could just get a couple of goals.... 

Not sure what Falkirk have to gain from overstating the crowd but it certainly looked sparse. 

Can't see it getting any better soon for them with the guys fronting up that Q and A in charge of them so expect crowds to fall off a fair bit yet, and with that any financial advantage that may offer.

The pyramid set-up means that League 1 is likely to see clubs coming through with some ambition over the next few years, look at Cove, Kelty etc. Add to that potential decent sized championship clubs likely to be down there and the best run part time teams like Montrose (Arbroath and Alloa recently too) It makes promotion far from easy. Rovers fans can tell you from experience that it takes more than simply signing a few names and being full time to get out of that league. 

I'd feel sorry for Falkirk if it wasn't Falkirk 😂

I know the Falkirk fans prepared us for how shite they are I was a bit surprised how true it was. On and off the park.
Firstly, off the pitch was a total shambles. We arrived at the stadium about 2.35 but the length of time to get into the car park and through the turnstiles meant we missed the first 5 or 10mins of the game. The absolute state of the car park too and disorganised chaos leaving it after the game was total tinpot stuff. 
As for the game itself I can't remember being concerned at any point that we were going to lose that game, 10 men or not. Prior to the red card we were totally dominant and after it we were well organised and that was enough to totally stifle a very one dimensional and limited Falkirk attack, despite them having a fair bit of possession second half. 
I was a bit surprised McGlynn didn't sub off Zanatta instead of Connolly to bring on Musonda. I can only guess that he thought Zanatta would offer us a bit of height/ strength going forward but in reality he offered very little on the day and it became like we were playing with 9 men as the second half wore on. Spencer/ Matthews and Ross put in great shifts in midfield though, they were brilliant.
My MoM was Varion. The amount of balls he won when he had no right to and the way he just keeps going all game is a joy to watch. Total team player and easy to see why McGlynn raves about him. See if the boy could just get a couple of goals.... 
I'm sorry but unless due to age or injury, if you are paying for parking at Falkirk stadium more fool you.

9 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

I arrived about 225, there was a massive queue at one end of the stand and quite literally the other side that you have to walk past was empty. People were following the crowd and walking past empty turnstiles… 

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
11 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

I'm sorry but unless due to age or injury, if you are paying for parking at Falkirk stadium more fool you.

Aye, daft idea that parking at the place you're going 🙄.

On 29/11/2021 at 21:30, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You can see the logic in league games when they can count seats sold as attendees (wrong to do so, in my opinion).

But claiming we are literally inventing people coming to watch in a cup tie is ludicrous. 

Even more ludicrous given that if you’re over inflating numbers then as it’s the cup you’d have to pay half of the invented fans admission money to us. Not even the old Rangers would have been that stupid. 

Edited by roverthemoon

13 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Even more ludicrous given that if you’re over inflating numbers then as it’s the cup you’d have to pay half of the invented fans admission money to us. Not even the old Rangers would have been that stupid. 

Easy enough to claim that half the folk allegedly there were under 12s on free tickets.