Falkirk v Raith Rovers

roverthemoon

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Also fair play to the Falkirk goal. It’s almost Mcglynnball

Aye, it's brilliant. I don't want to keep beating Dick, but he really does get suckered right in, and he'd fallen for the exact same trap two minutes prior. 

It's staggering that Falkirk can't do that more often. The individual quality is there, but the set up is so poor it's actively detracting from the likes of Morrison's ability to perform. Maybe if Craig McGuffie stops smashing the ball into the stand they'd get on slightly better, too. 

The defending for that second goal btw.... Holy f**k.

Though from my view with bodies in the way there was something of a stramash and the ball popped out the right way for the striker but no, its actually a completely unchallenged waltz through with ease you could scarcely dream of. Pathetic.

After he annoyed the ref by walking away with the ball, McGlynn went to the touchline and told Tumilty to calm down (or words to that effect). Seconds later he barged a player and was sent off. I reckon McGlynn will be furious at him.

12 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

After he annoyed the ref by walking away with the ball, McGlynn went to the touchline and told Tumilty to calm down (or words to that effect). Seconds later he barged a player and was sent off. I reckon McGlynn will be furious at him.

Yeah, rightly so.

I think Musonda probably gets to be auxiliary right back for the next few games now. Don’t think the baldy one was chuffed with Matthews’ red against ICT and he was effectively dropped when he came back from suspension.

18 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Anyone know how many went through yesterday’s looked a decent crowd but it’s hard to tell when you’re in the crowd. Biggest attendance of the round (not really a surprise with the teams involved and distance). 

Anyone know how many went through yesterday’s looked a decent crowd but it’s hard to tell when you’re in the crowd. Biggest attendance of the round (not really a surprise with the teams involved and distance). 
I think the figure of 926 was being put about social media. The bus which left from O'Connells seems to have gone down brilliantly.

Yeah it’s a good attendance, especially taking into account the trains were humped. This team really deserves all the support they get and more though. Would love to see a real bumper crowd at Stark’s on the 11th.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yeah it’s a good attendance, especially taking into account the trains were humped. This team really deserves all the support they get and more though. Would love to see a real bumper crowd at Stark’s on the 11th.

Missing that game as my work have decided to have their Christmas do that day, tempting to say I’ll meet them at 5 😂

I think on reflection it’s a slightly harsh second yellow for Tumilty but the blame is still his 100%. Was genuinely like he was trying to get sent off, McGlynn certainly wasn’t looking to help him out in his interview.

All in all though aside from leathering them 5-0, which looked possible in the opening ten minutes, that’s about as satisfying a win as you could hope for.

Had to be Ross Matthews to score in front of the Falkirk end didn’t it?
ecf59bd7c9dc3dbaf0279bf3e83b7288.jpg

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
36 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I think the figure of 926 was being put about social media. The bus which left from O'Connells seems to have gone down brilliantly.

868267F6-B7BF-484D-954A-CB399C6B35CA.png

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Yeah he should be. I commented at the time that he needed to watch himself when he kept hold of the ball so to jump into the back of McGuffie immediately was madness 

I didn't realise he'd played for Falkirk but he manages to get through our matches with Morton without self destructing so that's no excuse. 

Tumilty’s first booking is so stupid, incredibly unlike him. 90 yards from our goal and he’s jumping in like that. Suggestions that he should be benched are wild, though. He will be back in on Saturday, and rightly so. Don’t really care if he plays on Tuesday. 

I guess with Benedictus out the team, someone else had to step up to the plate for our customary silly red card at the Falkirk stadium. We have had a man sent off on 5 of our last 7 trips there.

Great spirit from the team to grind out the result and winning that way does more to help build that togetherness and spirit of the squad than if it had been 11 vs 11 and we’d won 2/3 nil. 

We know we can be a good footballing side and score lots of goals when we are at our best but, as I’ve said before, this team seems to have a bit more experience and dig than last season and is capable of grinding out results too which is a great sign. 10 men for a full half against Inverness, not at our best but getting something from games away to QOS and the Pars as well as a bit of backs to walls late on at Killie. 

I did worry recently what Bene must be thinking as club captain unable to get back in the side because of the form of Lang, when he himself was playing well before injury. Thought he could be getting a bit frustrated or pissed off at the situation but at the second goal he is one of the first players across to Ross jumping on in the celebrations, great stuff.

15 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I guess with Benedictus out the team, someone else had to step up to the plate for our customary silly red card at the Falkirk stadium. We have had a man sent off on 5 of our last 7 trips there.

Great spirit from the team to grind out the result and winning that way does more to help build that togetherness and spirit of the squad than if it had been 11 vs 11 and we’d won 2/3 nil. 

We know we can be a good footballing side and score lots of goals when we are at our best but, as I’ve said before, this team seems to have a bit more experience and dig than last season and is capable of grinding out results too which is a great sign. 10 men for a full half against Inverness, not at our best but getting something from games away to QOS and the Pars as well as a bit of backs to walls late on at Killie. 

I did worry recently what Bene must be thinking as club captain unable to get back in the side because of the form of Lang, when he himself was playing well before injury. Thought he could be getting a bit frustrated or pissed off at the situation but at the second goal he is one of the first players across to Ross jumping on in the celebrations, great stuff.

I’d be shocked if Bene isn’t pissed off sat on the bench, I’d expect any of our team to be desperate to play but Bene knows John McGlynn isn’t going to change things while we’re unbeaten in 12 games. Bene knows he’ll get his chance again.  There’s definitely a great team spirit at the moment and the lads are really working hard for each other. There’s goals all over the pitch ironically out Striker is the one who never seems to score but in fairness he does a lot of the unsung work to create the openings for Ross, Connelly and Zanatta but Varion is due a goal soon for his effort.