Falkirk v Raith Rovers

roverthemoon

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

There was a shout at Zanatta to hurry up and get off the pitch at 1-1 and I said quite loudly "We should be shithousing this as much as possible? Why do folk want him to hurry up?". A lad in front of me who'd been criticising the standard of our performance said "Because we should be going for a winner". I was more than happy to say I was proven wrong when Ross fired home that goal. 

Funnily enough, a heavy number of "the clique" were all in the same area today. @Raith Against The Machinewas to the left of the group I was with, and @Hank Scorpiowas further down the stand so it probably was him. 

To be fair it looked like we were quite happy to meander along to a draw which I couldn't understand at all. I would rather have lost the match trying to win it than just sleepwalk through to a replay, which would've been the last thing we needed with the run of games we have coming up. 

37 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

Just listened to the Falkirk tv post match interviews with Paul Sheerin and Aidan Nesbitt…young Aidan sounds more like the manager….than the manager…

Sheerin's interview was pretty ridiculous. "We need to do better...maybe we can't?". He came across as someone clueless - just devoid of ideas of how to fix the clusterfuck of a situation Falkirk are in at the moment. You can absolutely do better than to create zero clear cut chances against a team who are down to ten men. 

Superb today. Looked in control until Tumilty lost the plot and got sent off. Absolute stupidity. Once we went ahead we look comfortable to the half. We were pish second half and just seemed to be soaking up pressure and waiting for the equaliser. Falkirk's goal was class. Great movement and finish from Morrison. Easily Falkirk's best player. To secure the win showed incredible resilience. And great scenes at the winner. 

On the Challenge Cup debate, have to agree it is a total diddy cup, but the circumstances in 2013 lead to us playing Rangers and that definitely elevated it. That day at Easter Road when we won was superb. Clubs like Rovers don’t win things very often so we’d every right to celebrate 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Sheerin's interview was pretty ridiculous. "We need to do better...maybe we can't?". He came across as someone clueless - just devoid of ideas of how to fix the clusterfuck of a situation Falkirk are in at the moment. You can absolutely do better than to create zero clear cut chances against a team who are down to ten men. 

Funnily enough a Scottish Cup game, this time at Starks Park and yer man Cathro giving an atrocious interview after a draw 'well I suppose we'll have to beat them all over again'

The guy was thrown in at the deep end with Hearts and this was all on Budge giving a job to someone who hadn't a clue

That second yellow is a farce. All three goals were really well taken. Nice to see the celebration from Matthews. Ethan Ross does incredibly well to compose himself when he gets the break of the ball. As soon as he was through I was certain he'd finish. Considering how few goals he got last season, he's looked a class finisher when going through the middle.

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That second yellow is a farce. All three goals were really well taken. Nice to see the celebration from Matthews. Ethan Ross does incredibly well to compose himself when he gets the break of the ball. As soon as he was through I was certain he'd finish. Considering how few goals he got last season, he's looked a class finisher when going through the middle.

Even the Falkirk commentators thought so. Seemingly the ref thiks that carrying the ball  plus a tackle equals a card. Daft 'tho.

Even the Falkirk commentators thought so. Seemingly the ref thiks that carrying the ball  plus a tackle equals a card. Daft 'tho.
Aye, you're spot on. It's much like Davo against Caley last season where Todorov collapsed after they went up for a header. It was a nothing incident the referee made va hash of.

When Ethan pirouettes past the two centre halves…

”oh no” 😂😂😂😂

Morrison is the type of player that everyone hates but I’d take him at the Rovers. A 24 multipack of Walkers and a bag of balls for him in January? Maybe some cones? 

6 hours ago, Wardy said:

When Ethan pirouettes past the two centre halves…

”oh no” 😂😂😂😂

Morrison is the type of player that everyone hates but I’d take him at the Rovers. A 24 multipack of Walkers and a bag of balls for him in January? Maybe some cones? 

Chuck in a box of cheesy pasta since we’re sound that way 🤝

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

The second yellow is a booking. Tumilty knew what he was doing there, silly.

Thought he deserved to go too. Crude elbow into the back when you’re on a yellow and immediately after you’ve just pissed off the referee by holding onto the ball unnecessarily. Needless, particularly given where it was on the pitch with absolutely no danger at all. Perhaps Tumilty just a bit too eager to impress against his old club?

45 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Thought he deserved to go too. Crude elbow into the back when you’re on a yellow and immediately after you’ve just pissed off the referee by holding onto the ball unnecessarily. Needless, particularly given where it was on the pitch with absolutely no danger at all. Perhaps Tumilty just a bit too eager to impress against his old club?

He seemed to me to be a little bit too up for it.

The boy on Falkirk TV went on about it during the match and again during his interview with Sheerin about how we'd only had 3 chances all match and were clinical. Someone needs to show him the stats of us still having more chances than they did [emoji1787]

I'd be extremely worried by that interview with Sheerin. He sounds clueless. Can't believe he said maybe you can't get any better.

On the red card, you can clearly see why it's been given. There's not a chance any other player on the park receives a booking for that second challenge at that point of the game, but referees don't officiate in a vacuum and Tumilty's first booking was nailed on, then he had his wee daft wandering off with the ball. 

I have a little bit of sympathy, because I don't think that second one is in that reckless/daft category. In as much as, after wandering off with the ball, if he thinks "right, better screw the nut" (and maybe he did) he still makes that attempt to win that ball. His elbow isn't up, it's more than his forearm goes into the player's lower back, but he's just out jumped and loses out. It's a foul, but there's no malice or anything in it. First booking was totally unnecessary though, so he does only have himself to blame.