Falkirk v Raith Rovers

roverthemoon

1 hour ago, honeyboy edwards said:

Watched your Boards Q&A that they ran a few months back and the thing that struck me was that members of the board were adamant that your opposition ‘raised their game against Falkirk’.

We raised our game today, but only because we gave you a man advantage for 70+ minutes 🤣

Please keep up, that was last months disgrace.

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Honestly couldn't care less about the challenge cup, you'll be bigging up Fife Cup wins next. 

You took more than a few enthusiastic fans down for the penalty shoot out with Borehamwood

Edited by Raith_Raver

I was only 9 when Raith won the League Cup but recall enjoying them beat Celtic.

Their Challenge Cup victory was part of one my favourite ever weekends. Watched it in a pub in Glasgow and was firmly behind them. Greatly enjoyed them beating the bigot scum and was made more enjoyable by an increasingly seething Sevco fan in the pub who stormed out at full time (after extra time). He was off the B&Q paint scale of purple, such was his fury. Very tremendous.

I think I'm in a minority, but I like the Challenge Cup and wish we'd win it. Our record in it is pish. Folk can claim we don't take it seriously, but most of the starting XIs we've fielded have been the first team.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I was only 9 when Raith won the League Cup but recall enjoying them beat Celtic.

Their Challenge Cup victory was part of one my favourite ever weekends. Watched it in a pub in Glasgow and was firmly behind them. Greatly enjoyed them beating the bigot scum and was made more enjoyable by an increasingly seething Sevco fan in the pub who stormed out at full time (after extra time). He was off the B&Q paint scale of purple, such was his fury. Very tremendous.

I think I'm in a minority, but I like the Challenge Cup and wish we'd win it. Our record in it is pish. Folk can claim we don't take it seriously, but most of the starting XIs we've fielded have been the first team.

I don't think I've been to a game since they introduced the colts. Of all those games I've missed, there's only one I truly wish I'd been at (Partick away in the semi finals in 19/20 season).

36 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Honestly couldn't care less about the challenge cup, you'll be bigging up Fife Cup wins next. 

I know what you mean here and in the whole I would say I am similar but there was something different about that particular cup final. It had a real feel of us representing the whole of the lower leagues with pretty much everybody wanting us to stick it to them and obviously cup final or not, popping in a winner with 5 mins to go against one of the old form is always something that is going to last long in the memory. There was a feeling of inevitability that they were going to do us and so to keep their name off that trophy was joyous.

35 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You took more than a few enthusiastic fans down for the penalty shoot out with Borehamwood

Oh I got absolutely pished. 

If we started putting English teams in the Fife Cup I'd go to those aswell, class away days. 

That was the last challenge cup game I was at, and now that there's no foreign teams I can't see me going to another, I just cannae see the appeal behind it. 

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The Borehamwood trip was brilliant. Shame the game was so pish and that the town was a bit of a hole.

Mind when East Fife had a game cancelled in Ireland an hour before kick off? Great fun.

The Cypriot guy skelping a late goal for The Sons against the Welsh team was class.

5 hours ago, renton said:

Man advantage for 70 mins, and still lost. Somehow better than scudding them 11 on 11...

Aye, I said at the game when we went down to 10 men that beating them with 10 men might turn out to be better than winning by 3 or 4.

I fancied us for a fairly routine win after the first 20 minutes but obviously Tumilty changed everything with his absolute stupidity - it was almost like he was trying to get himself sent off. 

We got the goal and were very comfortable for the rest of the half but I actually was really disappointed with our second half effort. Dick was getting roasted down the right and Zanatta was basically as good as playing with nine men today. 

A draw looked likely which would have brought an unwelcome replay but I think replacing Zanatta with Poplatnik turned things back in our favour as we started to gain more traction in the final third. 

It really was an outstanding piece of play by Ross for the goal and great celebrations for the goal and at full time. 

All in all, a good day's work in the end. 

Rovers played exactly perfectly with 10 men.  Keep it tight and keep it simple, and gamble on the quality up top being good enough to nick a goal.  Other than the goal, Falkirk didn't lay a glove in us..  Wasn't pretty, but wasn't going to be.  Some of the fans behind us were being incredibly harsh, expecting the Rovers to start playing silky passes with 10 men.  Mcglynn got it spot on.

Falkirk were obviously awful. Constantly bringing the ball inside, when you have an extra man, is fucking mental. A classic example of how not to play with an extra man.

Sheerin looks to be adopting the Barry Smith approach of hoping a dogshit squad gets promoted simply by virtue of being full time.  On course for the same result.

Great scenes for the goal.  What it's all about.  Pretty sure ended up hugging @Hank Scorpioat some point.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Rovers played exactly perfectly with 10 men.  Keep it tight and keep it simple, and gamble on the quality up top being good enough to nick a goal.  Other than the goal, Falkirk didn't lay a glove in us..  Wasn't pretty, but wasn't going to be.  Some of the fans behind us were being incredibly harsh, expecting the Rovers to start playing silky passes with 10 men.  Mcglynn got it spot on.

Falkirk were obviously awful. Constantly bringing the ball inside, when you have an extra man, is fucking mental. A classic example of how not to play with an extra man.

Sheerin looks to be adopting the Barry Smith approach of hoping a dogshit squad gets promoted simply by virtue of being full time.  On course for the same result.

Great scenes for the goal.  What it's all about.  Pretty sure ended up hugging @Hank Scorpioat some point.

There was a shout at Zanatta to hurry up and get off the pitch at 1-1 and I said quite loudly "We should be shithousing this as much as possible? Why do folk want him to hurry up?". A lad in front of me who'd been criticising the standard of our performance said "Because we should be going for a winner". I was more than happy to say I was proven wrong when Ross fired home that goal. 

Funnily enough, a heavy number of "the clique" were all in the same area today. @Raith Against The Machinewas to the left of the group I was with, and @Hank Scorpiowas further down the stand so it probably was him. 

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Ethan Ross was brilliant the way he held off his man to make yards to beat the keeper.

A wee bit like our goals against Killie*

*once you have read this post it will self destruct as other teams will figure out our strengths.