Falkirk v Raith Rovers

roverthemoon

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

, but it's notable just how many "good" individuals they have. If Falkirk just suddenly went bust tomorrow and all their players were free to join new clubs, at least half that matchday squad would resurface in the lower half of the Championship. Absolutely criminal mismanagement to have a team that's so much less than the sum of its parts. Which is not to let the players off scot-free, as individuals they could certainly be doing more, but that's such a clear systemic failure from the top down

Is there anyone you're thinking off particularly there? The Falkirk squad looks rancid. The only two players I'd even be slightly interested in would be Nesbitt and Morrison. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Is there anyone you're thinking off particularly there? The Falkirk squad looks rancid. The only two players I'd even be slightly interested in would be Nesbitt and Morrison. 

If you offered one of the jobber managers like Allan Johnstone or Gus McPherson any one of Keena, Williamson, Telfer or McGuffie they'd take them. I imagine they'd have taken Michael Ruth on loan in the summer if they could've, too. Probably Stevie Hetherington, if you only look at his Alloa performances and Men-In-Black away his Falkirk form. 

So maybe not half the squad, but a sizeable number of them. And that's before we get to David McGurn... 

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If you offered one of the jobber managers like Allan Johnstone or Gus McPherson any one of Keena, Williamson, Telfer or McGuffie they'd take them. I imagine they'd have taken Michael Ruth on loan in the summer if they could've, too. Probably Stevie Hetherington, if you only look at his Alloa performances and Men-In-Black away his Falkirk form. 

So maybe not half the squad, but a sizeable number of them. And that's before we get to David McGurn... 

History would say you are right. Our shit rejects have generally looked competent elsewhere. 

It really does take watching us to get the full horror of how bad a manager Sheerin is. I mean, people have read how bad he is, but not unreasonably expect that we're exaggerating his shitness.

Then they watch as and say 'oh f**k..he really is the worst manager in your club's history'

54 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

As always, some rovers fans see things that aren't there.

I'll have a wee laugh at their expense,  largely because I am absolutely aware we will be laughed at(and indeed are in that position a bit just now)

That's kinda how football works,  It's why you can rightly have a wee giggle at us despite you not actually doing anything as a football club in my life, and i'm not that young.

So you younger than 27 🤔 quite young I would say or is 1994-95 erased from your memory as it was too painful 😂😂

13 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

So you younger than 27 🤔 quite young I would say or is 1994-95 erased from your memory as it was too painful 😂😂

Not under 27 but I wasn’t old enough to even know about professional football let alone give a f**k about a club which for all I knew of the world might as well have been on the moon. 

If you don’t think the early 90s were a long time ago then the Alzheimer’s might be kicking in already 

Thought Dick did ok (goal aside, which looked a nice move btw) given that the number 2 was doubling up on him, overlapping the peroxide show pony well. Tough playing 70 minutes with 10 men to properly show how good we can be but that said it was pretty clear we are a millions miles ahead of Falkirk. Tumilty can have no complaints, totally stupid first yellow, then fannying about just before the second yellow. Guys around me said he needs to watch himself just before second yellow. I’m normally a nervous pessimist at the football but I honestly never felt worried watching them aimlessly pass the ball around outside our box before someone would slap a 30 yarder high into the seats behind the goal.

In all honesty, I think that win was more satisfying than dummying them 5-0, just for the thought that even one Falkirk fan actually had hope in the second half just before Ethan Ross danced through and slotted the winner in. Will be opening up a can of Falkirk Tears tonight, Matthews style, to celebrate!

Just now, Crawford Bridge said:

You're selling your 2014 Challenge Cup win short there.

It was truly glorious.

People love to shit on that competition and will be quick to say "Aye but Rangers were pish" but they still went unbeaten in the league that season and had a far stronger squad than us. I absolutely loved bolting down the stairs of the top deck of Easter Road and jumping about like a lunatic with my pals. The game had a wee bit of extra aggro given how Rangers fans had treated Turnbull Hutton. Not one media outlet gave us a chance. It'll never be close to 1994, but fucking hell it was still a great laugh. I'll always enjoy trips to Easter Road due to that game and the games we had against Hibs at that time. 

38 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

as bad as Falkirk are, I’d back McGlynn to get a tune out of any of them

Couple of highlights that stand out: 

- Ross Matthews giving it big licks to the Falkirk support. Loves them, so he does. 

- Berra and Ruth coming together in the centre circle for a loose ball, only for Tom Lang to just breenje through the pair of them and steam away with the ball. 

- Ethan Ross badge kissing again. He knows the way to my very fickle heart. 

- Davie McGurn, in a Falkirk trackie, sort of trying but definitely failing to keep from joining in the full-time celebrations 

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Couple of highlights that stand out: 

- Ross Matthews giving it big licks to the Falkirk support. Loves them, so he does. 

- Berra and Ruth coming together in the centre circle for a loose ball, only for Tom Lang to just breenje through the pair of them and steam away with the ball. 

- Ethan Ross badge kissing again. He knows the way to my very fickle heart. 

- Davie McGurn, in a Falkirk trackie, sort of trying but definitely failing to keep from joining in the full-time celebrations 

Myself and a few others were saying on twitter he'd need to shithouse if he scored - ideally the Mbappe crying celebration. As soon as I'd composed myself after his goal and saw people running down the stairs at the Falkirk stairs, I knew he'd just gone for it. Absolutely love that lad. 

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not under 27 but I wasn’t old enough to even know about professional football let alone give a f**k about a club which for all I knew of the world might as well have been on the moon. 

If you don’t think the early 90s were a long time ago then the Alzheimer’s might be kicking in already 

Oh it certainly wasn’t yesterday but at least the footage was in colour 😂