Falkirk v Raith Rovers

roverthemoon

As a neutral, still looking forward to my visit to the FFS in a fortnight v Cove.Reckon Sheerin will still be in the dugout by then.Thought against ten men so early you might have had a chance,but no.Tendancy to grab defeat from the jaws of victory seems to be the norm at Falkirk atm.Surely yous have got to turn a corner eventually, or am I dreaming?.

6 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Really got to feel for them a wee bit, especially when you Pars are hitting such heights and you can look down your noses at them. You must be feeling so superior eh?

A bit like a beggar belittling a tramp for being so poor.

As always, some rovers fans see things that aren't there.

I'll have a wee laugh at their expense,  largely because I am absolutely aware we will be laughed at(and indeed are in that position a bit just now)

That's kinda how football works,  It's why you can rightly have a wee giggle at us despite you not actually doing anything as a football club in my life, and i'm not that young.

5 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

As a neutral, still looking forward to my visit to the FFS in a fortnight v Cove.Reckon Sheerin will still be in the dugout by then.Thought against ten men so early you might have had a chance,but no.Tendancy to grab defeat from the jaws of victory seems to be the norm at Falkirk atm.Surely yous have got to turn a corner eventually, or am I dreaming?.

Nope. You're not dreaming. 

We are turning no corners for the next few years anyway. Comfortably the biggest joke in Scottish football.

Just now, parsforlife said:

As always, some rovers fans see things that aren't there.

I'll have a wee laugh at their expense,  largely because I am absolutely aware we will be laughed at(and indeed are in that position a bit just now)

That's kinda how football works,  It's why you can rightly have a wee giggle at us despite you not actually doing anything as a football club in my life, and i'm not that young.

I'm 53 and I've seen my club beat both Rangers and Celtic in national cup finals. Dunfermline have been to a final or two in my lifetime I don't recall them winning anything, and I guess I'm old!

I see exactly what's there with you're post, I just don't think you are in a great position to gloat. Never mind though you can probably have a laugh with them next season... in the seaside league, that's kind how football works too!

I'm 53 and I've seen my club beat both Rangers and Celtic in national cup finals. Dunfermline have been to a final or two in my lifetime I don't recall them winning anything, and I guess I'm old!
I see exactly what's there with you're post, I just don't think you are in a great position to gloat. Never mind though you can probably have a laugh with them next season... in the seaside league, that's kind how football works too!

We’re comfortably the biggest laughing stock in Scottish football. Every other teams fans should quite rightly be laughing and gloating.

22 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Really got to feel for them a wee bit, especially when you Pars are hitting such heights and you can look down your noses at them. You must be feeling so superior eh?

A bit like a beggar belittling a tramp for being so poor.

20 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

It's bad when even Dunfermline fans think you're shite, that's rubbing salt in the wound.

Absolutely no disagreement that we've been shite this season. 

But if you're going to get arsey about Dunfermline fans having a laugh you probably could've done with beating a Peter Grant managed side. V embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

f**k me we've got someone that takes the challenge Cup seriously, christ. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Absolutely no disagreement that we've been shite this season. 

But if you're going to get arsey about Dunfermline fans having a laugh you probably could've done with beating a Peter Grant managed side. V embarrassing. 

f**k me we've got someone that takes the challenge Cup seriously, christ. 

Spoken exactly like someone who's team hasn't won anything but the Fife Cup in the last 50 seasons. 🤣

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

Spoken exactly like someone who's team hasn't won anything but the Fife Cup in the last 50 seasons. 🤣

In my time supporting the Pars we've been more successful than Raith. 

I'm not too passionate about what happened before then. Although if we go down that route, we're still far more successful than Raith, carry on. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

In my time supporting the Pars we've been more successful than Raith. 

I'm not too passionate about what happened before then. Although if we go down that route, we're still far more successful than Raith, carry on. 

Aye goodluck with your cup exploits this season pal.

Maybe see you in a later round (if you start supporting KHFC).

13 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Nope. You're not dreaming. 

We are turning no corners for the next few years anyway. Comfortably the biggest joke in Scottish football.

You guys know that with everything that's gone on at Falkirk the last few months,your going to get ripped apart from opposing fans regardless.Swings and roundabouts comes to mind.From the outside I detect a change from top to bottom may benefit yous in the short term.Not patronising but your own fans have voiced this many times recently. I genuinely wish yous well.👍.

24 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Can't let this go. Before his matchstick legs gave up, Williamson repeatedly had Dick on toast and it led to our goal.

Aye, in the second half. They'd done nothing up til half time but Dick was like a different player after the break. He recovered a bit as it went on, but he was all at sea for the first fifteen minutes. 

That said, it remained Falkirk's one real outlet and still only brought about the goal. There didn't seem to be any substantial threat that Falkirk would score a second. They must've had 70%+ possession and maybe five touches in the Rovers box? 

Which, of course, isn't telling Falkirk fans anything they didn't already know months ago. I wasn't surprised by how bad Falkirk were, but it's notable just how many "good" individuals they have. If Falkirk just suddenly went bust tomorrow and all their players were free to join new clubs, at least half that matchday squad would resurface in the lower half of the Championship. Absolutely criminal mismanagement to have a team that's so much less than the sum of its parts. Which is not to let the players off scot-free, as individuals they could certainly be doing more, but that's such a clear systemic failure from the top down. 

As for the Rovers, that was a fantastic result. Not so much beating Falkirk, or even specifically being down to ten men, but losing Tumilty really dents our ability to play. Being a man down has a huge impact on the way we play. McGlynnball is based around passing and moving within small spaces, which is almost impossible when you're a man down. The way you'd want to adapt would be to use your fullbacks as an outlet, and Tumilty is our most natural choice for that. As it was, the defence did what it does well, Spencer and Matthews destroyed brilliantly, and Varian did what he had to do really well, just roughing up the centre halfs. As for the wingers, Zanatta spent the second half trying stuff and failing, whereas Ross was barely involved until that pirouette that slipped past two defenders. Sublime football, a real gem.