Falkirk v Raith Rovers

roverthemoon

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Wow. Absolutely no chance that's worth a yellow card.

It absolutely was. Elbow straight in the back.  No attempt on the ball. Just stupid after winding the ref up before by Fannying about with the ball 

Edited by Rugster

Same old. Would maybe say we had a hold of that game adter the red, but the reality is having gifted another soft goalnthat should have been cleared, Raith are pretty comfortable with it all being played in front of them.

The only plus point is that Williamson gives another option to get balls in and is quite positive. Of course, there is less than f**k all IN the box waiting for it.

As for the red, as I said, blame yer man. An absolute moronic sequence of evemts from him

I won't win a Pulitzer for this, but Falkirk have been very bad. Their whole strategy seems to be "give to Morrison" which could be effective, but his individual strategy is "give it to Williamson" who can't get past Liam Dick. 

We've all seen enough football to know how difficult it is to see out an hour or so against ten men, but on the evidence of that half, Falkirk aren't going to exactly be hammering on the door. Morrison hit the post, but that was from a turnover when we still had eleven men on the park. 

Tumilty's first booking was sheer stupidity, and he was winding the ref up seconds before, but that second yellow looked like such an innocuous foul to me. If he's used an elbow then fair enough, but from where I am you'll see five challenges like that a game without ever seeing a card. 

Brilliant strike from Matthews for the goal. We'd looked fairly dangerous in the first 20 minutes but had - understandably - dropped off a bit, so it was a great goal to get. We should still have plenty of threat on the break, but we haven't got a huge amount of scope for rotation in this squad so tiredness could really start to tell by the end. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Have we had a shot on target ??

no.

all part of sheerins plan to make us harder to beat. in our league only two teams scored less than us. this is a big part of the problem.

surely second half against 10 men sheerin will address this. one off cup game at home versus 10 men. has to throw the kitchen sink at them second half. 

Add up all the inbred Pars, weirdo sundry other Fifers, Houstie-traumatised Hibees, oddball Stenny fans and I suppose a Shire fan or two and multiply it by a million.

You're STILL nowhere near how much Falkirk fans hate our team and club over the last 2 or 3 years.

There is the slight plus of getting to see Musonda at RB now. With both Musonda and Tumilty out of contract at years end, and both Musonda and Tumilty speculated as getting Premiership interest, we need all the data we can get to make an offer(s) soon.

On a related front, while we had to withhold Tait as a Hibs player, we allowed Edinburgh City to play McKay.

As Tumilty farted about giving ball to Falkirk boy for their throw in I text my mate saying he better watch himself then boom red card. So infuriating. Would have fancied us more with 11 men but hard to say how the 2nd half will go. We've looked fairly comfortable and dealt with any Falkirk attacks well. It'll be 10 men behind the ball and look to hit on the counter attack I'd suspect.