Falkirk v Raith Rovers

roverthemoon

On 22/11/2021 at 18:00, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I posted this last week mate, the Mill Inn looks the closest (I think). But no idea about what it is like!

If any kind individual would be able to offer pub advice that would be much appreciated, cheers!

The New Market Bar in the town are opening the upstairs bar for our coach arriving at 12, they've been very helpful so far.

More the merrier 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Regardless of whether Falkirk are up for it or not, I hope we play our strongest team, act like its the fuckin cup final and absolutely body these hoors.

😄

I know it's the Scottish Cup, and no doubt some excitement will jangle the nerves on Saturday morning, but literally nobody gives a f**k at the moment mate.

We're more invested in the long term future of the club as the discussion on our thread amply demonstrates.

Probably been asked umpteen times so apologies. What's parking situation like either at the ground or the surrounding area(s). Is parking available at the ground? If not where's nearest/best/closest place to park? Cheers in advance.

18 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Probably been asked umpteen times so apologies. What's parking situation like either at the ground or the surrounding area(s). Is parking available at the ground? If not where's nearest/best/closest place to park? Cheers in advance.

It was £4 at the stadium, or free at the industrial estate a 5 minute walk away.

Sheerin to stick with his usual favourites of hall, hetherington and Ruth stinking the place out straight down the spine of our team, Raith to have the cigars out with 30 mins to go, keena to come on and score a consolation and then get signed for Raith in January. Only hope we have is if Sheerin changes it. 

Martin

Miller  lemon dixon

Williamson telfer EK Nesbitt mcann

Morrison keena

Edited by Believe The Hype

My seating prediction is Falkirk will count up tickets sold and open an area that holds exactly that number of fans.. excellent for atmosphere, not so good if a big group turns up at 1455... this is a hunch based on nothing more than previous trips to the ground where only the bare minimum of sections were open.

If any Falkirk fans see this, is The Mill Inn good bad or ugly ? Also is Behind The Goals open to away fans ? 

6 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Sheerin to stick with his usual favourites of hall, hetherington and Ruth stinking the place out straight down the spine of our team, Raith to have the cigars out with 30 mins to go, keena to come on and score a consolation and then get signed for Raith in January. Only hope we have is if Sheerin changes it. 

Martin

Miller  lemon dixon

Williamson telfer EK Nesbitt mcguff

Morrison keena

I'm assuming McGuffie at wing-back is a mistake? Surely you'd play McCann there instead?

Other than that I agree with the formation but would possibly have Hall instead of Miller and definitely have Mutch in for Martin (who had a shocker on Saturday) if he's fit.

25 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm assuming McGuffie at wing-back is a mistake? Surely you'd play McCann there instead?

Other than that I agree with the formation but would possibly have Hall instead of Miller and definitely have Mutch in for Martin (who had a shocker on Saturday) if he's fit.

Aye sorry mcann, that was an unsightly autocorrect 

Still think Miller is the lesser of 2 evils with him and Hall. Also is mutch not injured? Or was he complelty dropped from the squad for other reasons recently? 

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Aye sorry mcann, that was an unsightly autocorrect 

Still think Miller is the lesser of 2 evils with him and Hall. Also is mutch not injured? Or was he complelty dropped from the squad for other reasons recently? 

Aye, you may be right with Miller, not much to draw between them.

Mutch was dropped after the Montrose away game which was bizarre as he performed well in that game including saving a penalty. There were rumours at the time that there had been a fall out although he then picked up an injury in training which was described as a 'routine goalkeeper injury' (or words to that effect) which led me to assume that he wouldn't be out for too long. If he's fit I'd certainly have him back in as Martin wasn't very convincing last week.