Falkirk v Raith Rovers

roverthemoon

Our only hope here is if Sheerin decides to try something different.

We genuinely have two of the best attacking wing-backs in the division (don't laugh) but they don't get used properly. If he starts a back 3 of Hall, Dixon and Lemon, brings Krasniqi in to replace 'Ooh, what's that round thing' Hetherington and plays 2 up front (Morrison and Keena would be my choice) then I think we could have a chance.

None of the above will happen though.

8 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Looking forward to this.

Normally get the train and drink in town then taxi/walk down. Railway is our usual go to.

Any pubs nearer the ground ? Had a look at Scottish Ground Guide but it looks a few years out of date.

On 18/11/2021 at 22:06, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

5 tickets bought today - looks like a decent amount shifted so far! Looking forward to this, should be a good atmosphere. Hopefully we can go into it on the back of 3 points vs. Morton and keep this momentum going.

Question for the Bairns among us (and any ITK Rovers too) - anyone kind enough to suggest the best place for a few beers before the game? 

Will be getting the train into Grahamston (although some of our group are driving from Kirkcaldy, but joining us in the pub around midday).

Years ago (2014?) I got recommended Behind the Wall. Still a good option? I see that the Mill Inn is probably the best location in terms of moving the right way toward the ground, and likely decent parking for my mate. Any good? Or is there something else folks recommend?* 

Any advice will be much appreciated, cheers!

* if its a town centre bar, like BTW, assuming it would be best to park up (where? is the train station car park free?) and then drive nearer the ground at kick off? Cheers!

I posted this last week mate, the Mill Inn looks the closest (I think). But no idea about what it is like!

If any kind individual would be able to offer pub advice that would be much appreciated, cheers!

28 minutes ago, rodricoh said:

Just been on the Falkirk site to get a ticket. It says that the North Stand is sold out. Missed it by 13 minutes. Don't really fancy sitting beside Falkirk fans though there are plenty tickets there.

There's plenty tickets left in the away end. 

https://falkirkfc.tickethour.co.uk/privateSales.html?deepLink=102&hash=gYXUITyCkLk9UetC3tzGdIp84lc1590

The three sections closest to the main stand were closed off when I bought tickets last week. Good to see them open now, should hopefully remove any fuckery of folks getting annoyed at folk sitting in seats they thought they had reserved etc. 

Ticket sales look not bad so far. Hopefully add a few hundred more before the weekend and get a good atmosphere going. 

9 hours ago, rodricoh said:

I'm confused is the South Stand available to Rovers fans?

No, it’s North Stand for Rovers fans but that ticketing site doesn’t seem to work very well. 

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Trump said:

This is going to be an absolute doing. What we would give for someone like John McGlynn as manager. Credit to him for changing his style of play from his previous Raith tenure.

Connolly appears to be in the goals recently, how has he been for you? Must admit I was surprised he ended up in the Championship.

Last few games Connolly has been great. Scored against Inverness, QoS and Morton recently and been playing well.

As for McGlynn, he deserves a statue outside Starks. He’s taken us from shambles to League 1 title winners / Championship title challengers in both his periods in charge of the club.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Connolly appears to be in the goals recently, how has he been for you? Must admit I was surprised he ended up in the Championship.

He's been fantastic, very one footed (which we knew about), but has been scoring goals and causing teams problems. The McGlynn effect I think, same with Zanatta. 

Not getting my hopes up for giving Falkirk a doing and I reckon it'll be close ala Morton/Ayr games in the league. Seen that Falkirk still managed to muster over 3000 for their game against Montrose, good going when you consider their results have been very up and down and then there's us that can't seem to break the 2000 barrier playing some of the best football we've seen since the glory era of the 90's. 

We 'should' have enough about us to win this game but don't think it'll be as straight forward as some hope. 

It's a tough game with maybe a wee bit of afters still hanging around, but I'd like to think that we might just have enough to scrape through and to keep the run going at least to Inverness next Tuesday where we know what to most likely expect. Falkirk will be well fired up for this and we just need to remember what we did to the Pars when the teams were in different divisions with us in the lower one. Wouldn't be surprised if it went to a replay which is not what is needed given the upcoming fixtures we have.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Can't be many players left from the Falkirk team from when we last met. Maybe only about 4 or 5. Most have come in after so might not really be too bothered.

Don't think youll manage to find a lot (if any) Falkirk fans/players who are bothered about it being Raith. 

As the lack of navybluepound in this thread compared to previous match threads shows.