Falkirk v Raith Rovers

roverthemoon

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

This is guaranteed! It always seems to be the case. No clear communication from clubs, a simple tweet/post on social media make things easier 

Look at what happened at Bayview one of the last times along there, the stewards and the security rep didn't know their arse from their elbow.

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Think this could be a game for Mitchell and Arnott. Might be nice to see Kyle Bow in goals here actually. Give the young lads a wee run out.

Not the worst ideas, but Thompson deserves the start…

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Just get TxRover to pick the team. 

Thompson

Musonda/Masson/Bene/Young

BRS/Arnott

Connolly/Ross/Zanatta

Mitchell

How’s that?

15 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's piqued interest because your fans rightly anticipate giving a traditional rival a total fucking pasting on their own patch*, nothing more than that.

*which you will do, with ease.

I'm not going to lie, the main reason I'm going is in the hope of this exact scenario. 

Look at what happened at Bayview one of the last times along there, the stewards and the security rep didn't know their arse from their elbow.

Aye they had reserved seats for the “media” and sold them to fans stewards said sit anywhere and the chief “controller” said to sit in allocated seats ? Causing scenes and a chair being raised…..and I ended up sitting next to a right dodgy character as I recall.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'm old enough to remember Rovers travelling to a Scottish Cup tie against a Falkirk side struggling in the league below us in 1997.

So maybe best not to get too far ahead of ourselves here.

...an Alex Totten team with Kevin McAllister, David Hagen, Scott Crabbe, Kevin James, Paul McGrillen, Scott Mackenzie, Jamie McGowan etc included.

Streets ahead of the shite we have to endure now, even if they did only finish 4th or 5th in the 2nd tier.

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'm old enough to remember Rovers travelling to a Scottish Cup tie against a Falkirk side struggling in the league below us in 1997.

So maybe best not to get too far ahead of ourselves here.

To be fair we were a premier league club in name only that season. 

It would be daft to not acknowledge that there's certainly a possibility it could all go pear shaped, but we are strong favourites and if we play to our capability it should be a pretty  routine win. 

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

As for the team, I'm assuming Tait won't be allowed to play, so Matthews will surely come in for him. 

I would also be tempted to bring Dick back in, and I would have said Benedictus as well, but he seems to get sent off every time at TFS. 

Since Tait played versus East Fife, I’m not sure that your assumption is correct. However, Dick at LB and Musonda at DM gets my Rovers pants jumping...

6 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

You're a byword for ridiculous team suggestions - sorry I didnt notice that you weren't being serious for once.

Actually, I like to think of it as forward thinking suggestions...and if you’d leave the Pars threads alone, you might notice.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Since Tait played versus East Fife, I’m not sure that your assumption is correct. However, Dick at LB and Musonda at DM gets my Rovers pants jumping...

The East Fife game was in the Challenge Cup so Hibs had no reason to stop Tait from playing. If they really do want him back in January, I imagine they'll ask that he sits out this one. 

If Tait plays, I'd take that as a strong sign that we'll have him for the full season, but I'd be very surprised if that is the case. 

22 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

The East Fife game was in the Challenge Cup so Hibs had no reason to stop Tait from playing. If they really do want him back in January, I imagine they'll ask that he sits out this one. 

If Tait plays, I'd take that as a strong sign that we'll have him for the full season, but I'd be very surprised if that is the case. 

Damn it, I missed the competition change. Thanks.