Newco v Oldforce

Guest Bob Mahelp

Honestly, f**k off with having VAR in Scotland. 

One cheating incompetent tells another cheating incompetent that the soft as f**k penalty he just gave to Rangers is fine. 

It's a no from me. 

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

We go to Pittodrie on Dec 29th.  If we go 2-0 up after 16 mins and only scrape a draw I will be furious.

Different standards, though.

"referee"

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Honestly, f**k off with having VAR in Scotland. 

One cheating incompetent tells another cheating incompetent that the soft as f**k penalty he just gave to Rangers is fine. 

It's a no from me. 

At least with VAR you would have multiple angles of the incident, rather than one that's off-centre and doesn't catch the incident properly. McFadden and Kerr (on Sportscene) trying desperately to spin Beaton's decision as correct was wild.

Edited by Ric

8 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

There is a massive difference between Bates holding onto Sakala's jersey and him pulling him back. 

For it to be a foul, Bates has to actually impede the attacker. The laws of physics dont allow for both Bates pulling Sakala back and the way Sakala attempts the mistimed header.

One of the worst penalty decisions Ive seen in ages. Pathetic Sportscene dont have the balls to call it out.

When would pulling a players jersey not impede them? You can see from the pictures that his jersey collar is tight at the front and pulled down his neck/shoulders so clearly there must've been some force in the pull.

Adding in Bates' complete acceptance of the decision makes me think he knows he done wrong.

I'm not saying that replay from the front makes it look like a foul, I just wish they'd show the replay from behind when it was a lot clearer in my view.

Edited by AJF

Just now, AJF said:

When would pulling a players jersey not impede them? You can see from the pictures that his jersey collar is tight at the front and pulled down his neck/shoulders so clearly there must've been some force in the pull.

I'm not saying that replay from the front makes it look like a foul, I just wish they'd show the replay from behind when it was a lot clearer in my view.

🤣

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

...the reaction and complete acceptance from Bates says a lot.

:lol:

Yeah, Beaton giving a penalty that wasn't a penalty, at Ibrox, when Rangers are losing, on a very special night for them, late on in the game? That... THAT says a lot!

Edited by Ric

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Adding in Bates' complete acceptance of the decision makes me think he knows he done wrong.

“If everyone has my view then you’d all see” 

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, Beaton giving a penalty that wasn't a penalty, at Ibrox, when Rangers are losing, on a very special night for them, late on in the game? That... THAT says a lot!

Come on now. Surely you agree if a player does not complain about a decision it must have something to do with them believing they've got it wrong?

Being a "special" night doesn't really make any difference to a players reaction.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Folk who go about VAR are failing to realise that for it to work well, the "Video refs" need to notify the actual ref they're looking at something. It will make no discernible difference other than the bigot brothers getting even more penalties for the handful of miniscule infractions in the box that aren't picked up. Meanwhile anything other than an absolute stonewaller at the other end won't be referred. Utterly pointless nonsense. 

VAR would have picked up the alleged offside for the first goal . 

Just now, AJF said:

Come on now. Surely you agree if a player does not complain about a decision it must have something to do with them believing they've got it wrong?

Being a "special" night doesn't really make any difference to a players reaction.

> Shall we look at the incident?
> Noooo! Let's look at the reaction.

:lol: Shoosh.

You know what's funny, not a single photo from someone in the crowd showing a conclusive angle, which you claim exists. Not one, despite the ground having 10s of thousands of people in it, almost all of them having some form of recording equipment and in turn well known for recording incidents and putting them on social media. Not one. Are you telling me nobody recorded that moment? Not a single person? Right when that evidence would exonerate Beaton from blatant cheating? That's just awfully convenient. Want to know my opinion, there isn't one because there is no angle to show that.

You'll answer, but that's just conjecture, you don't know that for sure, and indeed you'd be right. However what is even more conjecture is trying to Descartes Bates' thought pattern.

How about we use something that neither of us can deny - simple physics. If you understand the laws covering the conservation of movement, then I would love for you to provide me with the formula that shows how Bates can both manhandle a player away from the ball, despite Bates centre of gravity not shifting, and for that player to, instead of being repelled by the actions, are somehow attracted to the source, so much so Sakala was able to double back and move away from goal at which point the penalty is given.

We can talk all you wish about how you think this, or I think that, but the fundamentals of science don't match the claims made. Not that I think Beaton believes in science.

Rangers fans saying that was a penalty is wild.  I know you couldn't and weren't going to lose last night because of the occasion and circumstances, but for the ref to have to bail you out is pretty poor stuff.  You'd think the players would've been motivated enough to win the game.

We have a big problem that keeps occurring in games and due to the nature of it is probably a result of our match preparation. We continually start games really badly. Usually takes about 20 minutes before we are a bit more in control and not miles 2nd best. Something the coaching staff really need to get fixing soon.

We are only still top at the moment as no one else has been particularly special or consistent.

27 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Why rips my knitting the most is the idea we should be grateful for a point. That and waking up to discover Morelos was 2 yards offside for their first magic goal present. Cheating scum.

Delightful tears here. Definitely cheered me up so thanks for that.