Newco v Oldforce

I can't believe the sportscene pundits "impartial" view that that was a legitimate penalty. Like the press reporting a plastic bottle was thrown on the pitch when we played Celtic, rather than them singing their support for the IRA. 

I understand they fear the abuse of OF fans if they point out the reality, but it really makes it a sickening league for all other clubs to play in. Rangers looking to go unbeaten at home for years until their is a last minute winner against them, giving the ref insufficient time to cheat. Maybe an anonymous person looking at the VAR would help, but knowing Scotland they would probably have Ally Mccoist and Paul Mcstay doing it.

1 minute ago, Don exotic said:

I can't believe the sportscene pundits "impartial" view that that was a legitimate penalty. Like the press reporting a plastic bottle was thrown on the pitch when we played Celtic, rather than them singing their support for the IRA. 

I understand they fear the abuse of OF fans if they point out the reality, but it really makes it a sickening league for all other clubs to play in. Rangers looking to go unbeaten at home for years until their is a last minute winner against them, giving the ref insufficient time to cheat. Maybe an anonymous person looking at the VAR would help, but knowing Scotland they would probably have Ally Mccoist and Paul Mcstay doing it.

This is why VAR will never be introduced in Scottish fitba. 

Corrupt as f**k. 

21 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This is why VAR will never be introduced in Scottish fitba. 

Corrupt as f**k. 

Folk who go about VAR are failing to realise that for it to work well, the "Video refs" need to notify the actual ref they're looking at something. It will make no discernible difference other than the bigot brothers getting even more penalties for the handful of miniscule infractions in the box that aren't picked up. Meanwhile anything other than an absolute stonewaller at the other end won't be referred. Utterly pointless nonsense. 

11 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Still 90% sure we’ll lose. 

I decided I couldn't stick 45 minutes of torture watching updates, so switched off the lap top, intending to check the result at 9.40 approx.

I then fell asleep and only found out the score this morning.

Despite having no idea about how the second half went, I'm actually slightly disappointed we "only" got a draw, even after our recent horrendous run.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

I decided I couldn't stick 45 minutes of torture watching updates, so switched off the lap top, intending to check the result at 9.40 approx.

I then fell asleep and only found out the score this morning.

Despite having no idea about how the second half went, I'm actually slightly disappointed we "only" got a draw, even after our recent horrendous run.

I think if you’re 2-0 up and winning with 10 minutes to go in any game you should be disappointed, refereeing decisions notwithstanding. 

Im certainly not celebrating a point this morning. 

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

They didn't look like equalising in the second half until the penalty was awarded. I felt we were comfortable without doing enough to increase our lead.

We didn't protect the ball enough when we had it & I felt we possibly showed them a little too much respect.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think if you’re 2-0 up and winning with 10 minutes to go in any game you should be disappointed, refereeing decisions notwithstanding. 

Im certainly not celebrating a point this morning. 

I expected us to lose despite being 2 up, but I'm happy enough with a point, would have taken it before the game. So, not celebrating, but not greeting into my tea, either.

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

They didn't look like equalising in the second half until the penalty was awarded. I felt we were comfortable without doing enough to increase our lead.

We didn't protect the ball enough when we had it & I felt we possibly showed them a little too much respect.

The usual story!

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

The Bob Valentine show starts at 04:00 mins

Bob Valentine (and John Rowbitham for that matter) "I gave Rangers 3 penalties in one game".

Andrew Dallas "only 3, haud ma beer".

Where is the cheating c**t these days?

Edited by Arch Stanton

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Kevin Thomson should be embarrassed by his stint on Rangers TV tonight. He is the manager of another SPFL club and he was commentating as a rabid fan. “We” and “us” the whole game.

Aye but of Kelty Hearts.  A club based in a Rangers supporting stronghold.

Reflecting a bit on last night. We scored two superb goals, the first is such brilliant football from five players at speed and great skill. “Them” score two goals which have four dubious decisions within them. First goal isn’t a foul and Morelos possibly offside. Second goal possibly offside and not a foul. For the “penalty”, when you freeze the play as the ball is chipped in, the Rangers player’s shoulder is just offside. So four crucial decisions which all go Rangers way.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

@AJF as ever, I admire your steadfast commitment to defending the indefensible. Chapeau. 

Not at all, I’m just saying I was convinced from my initial viewing it was a penalty. As others have said, the reaction and complete acceptance from Bates says a lot.

Enjoyed that last night, some fine scenes in the away end for the goals

Shame we couldn’t hold on for the win but not a lot you can do when you’re up against out and out cheating as blatant as that

Long time since I’ve been to Ibrox, different club but refreshing to see the natives are still thin skinned, perma seething messes 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Not at all, I’m just saying I was convinced from my initial viewing it was a penalty. As others have said, the reaction and complete acceptance from Bates says a lot.

You seem like an ok guy so all I’ll say is I feel sorry for you.