Newco v Oldforce

6 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

A pull. That makes the player pulled fall forwards. f**k me. Newton has some explaining to do. 

What? Sakala attempted to head the ball, that’s why he went forwards toward it.

Poor pictures I know, but you can definitely see Sakala’s jersey being tugged here with his collar pulled down his back.

Like I said, from behind, you could clearly see the pull.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

What? Sakala attempted to head the ball, that’s why he went forwards toward it.

Poor pictures I know, but you can definitely see Sakala’s jersey being tugged here with his collar pulled down his back.

Like I said, from behind, you could clearly see the pull.

There is a massive difference between Bates holding onto Sakala's jersey and him pulling him back. 

For it to be a foul, Bates has to actually impede the attacker. The laws of physics dont allow for both Bates pulling Sakala back and the way Sakala attempts the mistimed header.

One of the worst penalty decisions Ive seen in ages. Pathetic Sportscene dont have the balls to call it out.

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

There is a massive difference between Bates holding onto Sakala's jersey and him pulling him back. 

For it to be a foul, Bates has to actually impede the attacker. The laws of physics dont allow for both Bates pulling Sakala back and the way Sakala attempts the mistimed header.

One of the worst penalty decisions Ive seen in ages. Pathetic Sportscene dont have the balls to call it out.

Why even bother with him?

1 hour ago, gudge1903 said:

Cheats, plain and simple, the club and the new/old rangers supporting  refs they need to help them. How sad is that, outspend 95% of the league and still need help from their own corrupt officials.

Pathetic new club and their fanboy refs need investigated for match fixing.

You were 2 up after 16 minutes.  You deserved that lead and I certainly applauded you for it.

But aye, blame the ref for your own inability to see out the match..

Unfortunately the rest of us outside Glasgow and especially Govan are not given special refs with a special rulebook. It's as pathetic as that reads. 

Tainted titles a plenty by the old club and stooping even lower in desperation. I think that champions League money at the end of the season may be the difference between financial survival or the new clubs finances disappearing into another black hole.

Walter wished the new rangers club well when it started without the necessary financial and sporting requirements in league 3.  

Maybe the "people" wanted to cheat big time tonight to honour their most tainted manager of all time.

Him and ally's escapades in Europe in last two years which killed the old club were fantastic. Then those fans stood back and watched the old club die. 

Enjoy your sad, pathetic and shameful existence as a club, probably won't last as long as the old one, just a hunch, we can all smell the desperation.

In my opinion, the fact that we haven't won that match last night was more down to two lapses of concentration from David Bates rather than refereeing decisions.

I think it's an untidy challenge from Ferguson in a dangerous area for the free kick that led to the first, and I'll go against the grain and say that it looks to me that Bates has got a hold of Sakala's shirt.

The camera angle doesn't show too much of the extent of the shirt pull but I imagine the referee has a clearer view.

The reaction of Bates and the rest of our players to the award said a lot really.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You were 2 up after 16 minutes.  You deserved that lead and I certainly applauded you for it.

Rangers weren’t scoring if they didn’t get that pen 

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You have a point, but the referee giving a penalty against us that wasn’t for the equaliser doesn't exactly help our ability to see out the match. Plus Morelos is almost certainly offside when the free kick is taken for the first goal, although that is obviously down to the linesman not the referee.

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

In my opinion, the fact that we haven't won that match last night was more down to two lapses of concentration from David Bates rather than refereeing decisions.

I think it's an untidy challenge from Ferguson in a dangerous area for the free kick that led to the first, and I'll go against the grain and say that it looks to me that Bates has got a hold of Sakala's shirt.

The camera angle doesn't show too much of the extent of the shirt pull but I imagine the referee has a clearer view.

The reaction of Bates and the rest of our players to the award said a lot really.

My blame for the second lies more with Ojo than Bates. He had comfortable possession and a couple of easy option passes on when he had the ball wide on our right, but not for the first time last night tried to wriggle the ball past a Rangers player in a dangerous position, lost it and the “penalty” came about a few seconds later.