Newco v Oldforce

11 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I've watched it a few times and it is a laughable decision. A clear case of the ref bursting to give a penalty. I can't understand any Rangers fans trying to pretend they think it is a penalty. Just laugh and accept good fortune. 

You’re bloody optimistic! We’re talking about fans who claim the entire governing body is against them despite winning the league 55 times (54 Oldco) what’s even sadder is the other cheek think exactly the same.  Between them they’ve won the league 106 times the SC 73 times and the LC 46 times. It’s a truly amazing achievement by two teams whom the referees are plotting against. You’ve got more chance of nailing jelly to the wall than seeing OF fans admitting they got the benefit of a dodgy call. Most of them on Social Media are claiming Bates should have got a red too rather than admit the referee was wrong. 

This thread is comedy gold.

The amount of grown adults in this thread that actually believe in a conspiracy theory is frightening. (That applies for all Rangers, Celtic and non old firm fans theories!!)

I guess I know now why we have so many anti-vaxxers and flat earthers in Scotland. It's all the crazies who support football.

The penalty was a soft penalty, simple as that. You can argue either way about its merits. The truth is, VAR would not have overturned it, as it was not a 'clear error'. 

5 hours ago, Chonky said:

This thread is comedy gold.

The amount of grown adults in this thread that actually believe in a conspiracy theory is frightening. (That applies for all Rangers, Celtic and non old firm fans theories!!)

I guess I know now why we have so many anti-vaxxers and flat earthers in Scotland. It's all the crazies who support football.

The penalty was a soft penalty, simple as that. You can argue either way about its merits. The truth is, VAR would not have overturned it, as it was not a 'clear error'. 

I don't believe the referees are consciously bias but you only have to look at Italy to see it may not be that farfetched.

FFS came to see if there was a thread up for the Motherwell game and instead find another 8 pages on this one, wondered what I’d missed - nothing.

Soft looking penalties get given now and again, both for and against. Worthy of discussion for maybe an hour or so after but like dogs at a fcuking bone some of you lot.

They obviously don't get given against the home side at Ibrox. The facts state this where my club is concerned. 

Again 1993, since AFC** had a penalty at Ibrox.

Is it under instruction or just blatant Homer refs given the old and new ibrox clubs.

Nearly 30 years of cheating.

20 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I've watched it a few times and it is a laughable decision. A clear case of the ref bursting to give a penalty. I can't understand any Rangers fans trying to pretend they think it is a penalty. Just laugh and accept good fortune. 

You didn’t see Bates holding Sakalas jersey? 

Bates never protested. He knew it was his mistake.

At least the BBC pundits admitted after seeing it again their original thoughts were wrong and the referee was correct.

Only Brown complained at the time.

Clear penalty and well spotted by Beaton. Not my favourite official but credit where it’s due. Handled the game well 

11 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

At least the BBC pundits admitted after seeing it again their original thoughts were wrong and the referee was correct.

Clear penalty and well spotted by Beaton. Not my favourite official but credit where it’s due. Handled the game well 

We'll all expect to see penalties every time a Rangers defender gets a hold of an opponents shirt in the box then. Just like the penalties we got on Wednesday for the same.

Oh wait.

2 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Sevco player's simulation included attempt to head the ball from Bate's nutsack which is dangerous play and a foul.  Clear penalty in the Louden and ludge only. And gtf that Beaton spotted the one frame in thousands that shows the Zambian Cousteau's jersey sticking out. Beaton cheated. 

Did you see your clubs players grappling with reds players in box at every opportunity?

I'm assuming Beaton saw this also but being a fan of the club he was refereeing he was only looking to give an advantage to his new team in blue who were behind on their "special day".

We don't get to  play by same rules as your club. 

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We'll all expect to see penalties every time a Rangers defender gets a hold of an opponents shirt in the box then. Just like the penalties we got on Wednesday for the same.

Oh wait.

Same as the straight red when a defender goes in too hard, regardless of getting the ball or contact with opponent. Should be a straight red for The Rangers player.

Yellow week after straight red to Porteous who missed player and took ball.

Scumbag Brother Nick Walsh saw no foul here, but straight red carded Porteous minutes later.

Studs showing (tick). Out of control (tick). Brother Walsh verdict = watp. 

Edited by Snifter Pee Rot

15 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Same as the straight red when a defender goes in too hard, regardless of getting the ball or contact with opponent. Should be a straight red for The Rangers player.

Yellow week after straight red to Porteous who missed player and took ball.

Scumbag Brother Nick Walsh saw no foul here, but straight red carded Porteous minutes later.

Studs showing (tick). Out of control (tick). Brother Walsh verdict = watp. 

Hadn't seen the Lundstram one. About as out of control as it gets.

So anyway, we have 6 pens against AFC** in last 3 years home and away versus new rangers and 1 penalty at Ibrox for AFC** in 28 years over both club's.

Not even going to ask anyone to count the penalties in total over those 28 years for both Ibrox clubs home and away against AFC**. We all know the answer is f*cking ridiculous.

The numbers speak for themselves.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hadn't seen the Lundstram one. About as out of control as it gets.

A good example of a textbook tackle, feet down and gets the ball cleanly without endangering the other player.