Newco v Oldforce

36 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Orbix said:
In the league last season Rangers were behind in 4 games;
  • At Ibrox Motherwell score early and park 10 men behind the ball - Lamie get's booked for a foul against Itten, Archer is shown a yellow for timewasting at 1-1. Rangers win 3-1.
  • At Fir Park Motherwell score early and park 10 men behind the ball - 3 Motherwell players are booked. Cole for kicking the ball away after the whistle had blown, one a foul, the other idk. Draw 1-1.
  • At Easter Road Wright scores, Rangers get one back, Rangers go ahead, Diodge gets an equaliser - Hibs entire back line is booked at various points throughout. Draw 2-2.
  • At Celtic Park, Elynoussi scores, Eduoard is booked for diving, Alfie breaks his duck, Brown and Laxalt are booked. Draw 1-1.

Not a single penalty or red card amongst them. 

This season Rangers have been behind five times.
  • Dundee United - no penalty, no red card, United win 1-0
  • St Johnstone - O'Halloran scores, then it's Penalty to Rangers except its a stonewaller as Miller takes out Kent in the box, Tav scores a worldie, loads of players booked for handbags at various points. Rangers win 2-1,
  • Hibs - Nisbet scores early but Ryan Porteous is Ryan Porteous so Red Card, (just a shame that he won't get banned for trying to break McGregor's leg as well - boys a fucking idiot). Rangers win 2-1.
  • St Mirren - Ronan scores a worldie, Power fouls Hagi, Penalty to Rangers, Rangers win 2-1.
  • Aberdeen - Go 2-0 down, Brown is actually quite funny with his celebration, Penalty to Rangers at 2-1, Draw 2-2.

So in 49 games, it's behind 9 times, 1 red card, 3 penalties. W4, D4, L1. 

Think the only contentious ones there are the last two penalties? 

And the amount of bookings dished out to other teams defenders makes not a shred of difference, by your own analysis hibs whole back line was booked meaning they were treading on eggshells.

I don’t see how Porteous and Hanlon being daft enough to commit the same foul of going in on a players jaw with their elbow - within two minutes of each other in the same part of the pitch as well - is a pro-Rangers conspiracy?

Rangers are a team that tends to have the ball more, and attack more, and get fouled more. Those 5 games this season they’ve averaged 65% possession and 5 shots on target. 

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Broonies diving header was Delicious but impersonating wee freddo in his celebrations was top quality banter. 

It really was. He’s obviously one of the worst humans ever, but that did make me laugh

I was at a testimonial for a Talbot player a few years ago. The team included players who had retired. The opposition was far too good and Talbot were getting a bit of a doing. It was then arranged that Talbot would get a penalty so that the person whose testimonial it was could score. The next time the ball went into the box the ref blew for a penalty, there wasn't even a challenge made. It was a stonewaller compared to last night

6 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Rangers are a team that tends to have the ball more, and attack more, and get fouled more. Those 5 games this season they’ve averaged 65% possession and 5 shots on target. 

Relying on referee decisions to get results because sevco can't do it themselves isn't the sign of a good football team.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Come on now. Surely you agree if a player does not complain about a decision it must have something to do with them believing they've got it wrong?

Being a "special" night doesn't really make any difference to a players reaction.

Bates has played for Rangers...at Ibrox...he knows how it works. There was absolutely no point in protesting, he would have ended up with a booking. Somebody earlier used the phrase “what rips my knitting”, which I never use myself, but that’s the sort of sentiment that I have when people suggest that “it must have been a foul” or “it must have been a penalty” because no one disputes it. People that think that need to give themselves a shake. What makes a foul is if it’s actually a foul and no other reason.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

VAR would have picked up the alleged offside for the first goal . 

And the “penalty” incident. The Rangers player who throws himself over is just offside at the point where the ball is floated in.

Aside from the events on the pitch, I don't think I've ever experienced a more poignant moment in a football stadium than last night when the clock struck 73 minutes. Both sets of fans giving an outstanding tribute that I couldn't help but get a lump in my throat.

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

The Bob Valentine show starts at 04:00 mins

Bob bloody Valentine! Still remember him refusing to award The Dons a stone-waller at Tannadice (Cup replay I think) after a blatant Narey handball in the box. He then spent about 5 mins mopping Gough's brow after he went down 'injured'. 

The fact he was from Dundee and did his fitness training with United didn't seem to worry anyone at the ths sfa or league. 

Oh aye, and don't get me started on thon c***t George Smith (Edinburgh)! 

34 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

Just wondering...when was the last time AFC** had a penalty awarded at Ibrox?

Might add some perspective into just how favourable the referees are to the least dignified club in the country.

1998 supposedly. I read it elsewhere but I've not checked.

5 hours ago, Orbix said:

I don’t see how Porteous and Hanlon being daft enough to commit the same foul of going in on a players jaw with their elbow - within two minutes of each other in the same part of the pitch as well - is a pro-Rangers conspiracy?

Wouldn't seem to apply to all, funnily enough, given that Celtic have the highest possession stats in the league (71%) yet have drawn the fewest number of fouls in the league. 

Edited by ArtemisClydeFrog

15 minutes ago, ArtemisClydeFrog said:

Wouldn't seem to apply to all, funnily enough, given that Celtic have the highest possession stats in the league (71%) yet have drawn the fewest number of fouls in the league. 

Also the team with the most fouls required to get a yellow card, so maybe the refs forgetting their pockets isn't all bad.