Newco v Oldforce

16 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I'd be interested to see in how many games in which Rangers have been behind have they been awarded a penalty or the opposition had a red card in say the last two years.

In the league last season Rangers were behind in 4 games;

• At Ibrox Motherwell score early and park 10 men behind the ball - Lamie get's booked for a foul against Itten, Archer is shown a yellow for timewasting at 1-1. Rangers win 3-1.
  • At Fir Park Motherwell score early and park 10 men behind the ball - 3 Motherwell players are booked. Cole for kicking the ball away after the whistle had blown, one a foul, the other idk. Draw 1-1.
  • At Easter Road Wright scores, Rangers get one back, Rangers go ahead, Diodge gets an equaliser - Hibs entire back line is booked at various points throughout. Draw 2-2.
  • At Celtic Park, Elynoussi scores, Eduoard is booked for diving, Alfie breaks his duck, Brown and Laxalt are booked. Draw 1-1.

Not a single penalty or red card amongst them. 

This season Rangers have been behind five times.

• Dundee United - no penalty, no red card, United win 1-0
  • St Johnstone - O'Halloran scores, then it's Penalty to Rangers except its a stonewaller as Miller takes out Kent in the box, Tav scores a worldie, loads of players booked for handbags at various points. Rangers win 2-1,
  • Hibs - Nisbet scores early but Ryan Porteous is Ryan Porteous so Red Card, (just a shame that he won't get banned for trying to break McGregor's leg as well - boys a fucking idiot). Rangers win 2-1.
  • St Mirren - Ronan scores a worldie, Power fouls Hagi, Penalty to Rangers, Rangers win 2-1.
  • Aberdeen - Go 2-0 down, Brown is actually quite funny with his celebration, Penalty to Rangers at 2-1, Draw 2-2.

So in 49 games, it's behind 9 times, 1 red card, 3 penalties. W4, D4, L1. 

Think the only contentious ones there are the last two penalties? 

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

We go to Pittodrie on Dec 29th.  If we go 2-0 up after 16 mins and only scrape a draw I will be furious.

Different standards, though.

You would be furious if you went to Pittodrie, without your first choice entire back 4, went 2-0 up, only to be cheated of a win by a known Aberdeen supporting ref who frequents the Pittodrie Bar.

That’s what happened to Aberdeen in reverse last night.

Think before you type FFS 

Different standards I guess. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’re a really dull poster. 

Too hungover to care right now. We are sh*t atm but your fans are still having the biggest meltdown. So sh*t that we gave you a 2 goal lead and you still can't beat us. That's been nearly 3 years now boys.

3 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Too hungover to care right now. We are sh*t atm but your fans are still having the biggest meltdown. So sh*t that we gave you a 2 goal lead and you still can't beat us. That's been nearly 3 years now boys.

Enjoy your day pal. I’ll reply to you again if you ever talk about the football. 

22 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Delightful tears here. Definitely cheered me up so thanks for that.

You've just dropped 2 points at home to an Aberdeen side which had collected only 3 points in their last 6 games, hadn't gained an away point since August, and handed first league victories of the season to St Johnstone, St Mirren and Dundee, so you probably do need cheering up.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

You've just dropped 2 points at home to an Aberdeen side which had collected only 3 points in their last 6 games, hadn't gained an away point since August, and handed first league victories of the season to St Johnstone, St Mirren and Dundee, so you probably do need cheering up.

Can't argue with that. Not a word of a lie in there.

The inconsistency of everything is the main problem. No way a decision is made or analysed if it’s in the other box. 
On the rare case it did - we would be bombarded with experts claiming ‘he went down too easily’ or ‘he was looking for a penalty’. 

Browns header was class - hopefully action will be taken against the fan that chucked something at him afterwards? Again - doubt it will get called out anywhere.

43 minutes ago, Ric said:

> Shall we look at the incident?
> Noooo! Let's look at the reaction.

:lol: Shoosh.

You know what's funny, not a single photo from someone in the crowd showing a conclusive angle, which you claim exists. Not one, despite the ground having 10s of thousands of people in it, almost all of them having some form of recording equipment and in turn well known for recording incidents and putting them on social media. Not one. Are you telling me nobody recorded that moment? Not a single person? Right when that evidence would exonerate Beaton from blatant cheating? That's just awfully convenient. Want to know my opinion, there isn't one because there is no angle to show that.

You'll answer, but that's just conjecture, you don't know that for sure, and indeed you'd be right. However what is even more conjecture is trying to Descartes Bates' thought pattern.

How about we use something that neither of us can deny - simple physics. If you understand the laws covering the conservation of movement, then I would love for you to provide me with the formula that shows how Bates can both manhandle a player away from the ball, despite Bates centre of gravity not shifting, and for that player to, instead of being repelled by the actions, are somehow attracted to the source, so much so Sakala was able to double back and move away from goal at which point the penalty is given.

We can talk all you wish about how you think this, or I think that, but the fundamentals of science don't match the claims made. Not that I think Beaton believes in science.

I never said not to look at the incident, and looking at the incident, it appears most people are agreeing Bates had a handful of Sakala's shirt, it just seems to be the presence of a foul that is questionable.

Regarding the lack of fan footage? That is a pretty low standard you are trying to use in your favour. How many people do you know that film matches other than at free kicks/corners/penalties etc? I don't imagine many, if any at all, sit through a whole match recording it from their phone. They do it when there is a clear goal scoring opportunity, which there wasn't until the penalty was awarded.

As for the "simple physics", now I think you are trying to paint things more black and white than they are. Nobody has claimed Bates "manhandled Sakala away from the ball", he just made it more difficult for him to get there in my opinion. It is entirely possible for Sakala to be getting his jersey pulled and still be able to make an attempt for the ball. As an example, you see it often when players are breaking up the pitch. An opponent will grab a handful of their jersey in an attempt to halt a fast break. The player being impeded can still move forward despite having his jersey pulled, but that doesn't mean it's not a foul though. Your simple law of physics does not mean as soon as a player has their shirt pulled they then move in the direction they are being pulled...

Edited by AJF

In the league last season Rangers were behind in 4 games;
  • At Ibrox Motherwell score early and park 10 men behind the ball - Lamie get's booked for a foul against Itten, Archer is shown a yellow for timewasting at 1-1. Rangers win 3-1.
  • At Fir Park Motherwell score early and park 10 men behind the ball - 3 Motherwell players are booked. Cole for kicking the ball away after the whistle had blown, one a foul, the other idk. Draw 1-1.
  • At Easter Road Wright scores, Rangers get one back, Rangers go ahead, Diodge gets an equaliser - Hibs entire back line is booked at various points throughout. Draw 2-2.
  • At Celtic Park, Elynoussi scores, Eduoard is booked for diving, Alfie breaks his duck, Brown and Laxalt are booked. Draw 1-1.

Not a single penalty or red card amongst them. 

This season Rangers have been behind five times.
  • Dundee United - no penalty, no red card, United win 1-0
  • St Johnstone - O'Halloran scores, then it's Penalty to Rangers except its a stonewaller as Miller takes out Kent in the box, Tav scores a worldie, loads of players booked for handbags at various points. Rangers win 2-1,
  • Hibs - Nisbet scores early but Ryan Porteous is Ryan Porteous so Red Card, (just a shame that he won't get banned for trying to break McGregor's leg as well - boys a fucking idiot). Rangers win 2-1.
  • St Mirren - Ronan scores a worldie, Power fouls Hagi, Penalty to Rangers, Rangers win 2-1.
  • Aberdeen - Go 2-0 down, Brown is actually quite funny with his celebration, Penalty to Rangers at 2-1, Draw 2-2.

So in 49 games, it's behind 9 times, 1 red card, 3 penalties. W4, D4, L1. 

Think the only contentious ones there are the last two penalties? 

And the amount of bookings dished out to other teams defenders makes not a shred of difference, by your own analysis hibs whole back line was booked meaning they were treading on eggshells.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

I never said not to look at the incident, and looking at the incident, it appears most people are agreeing Bates had a handful of Sakala's shirt, it just seems to be the presence of a foul that is questionable.

Regarding the lack of fan footage? That is a pretty low standard you are trying to use in your favour. How many people do you know that film matches other than at free kicks/corners/penalties etc? I don't imagine many, if any at all, sit through a whole match recording it from their phone. They do it when there is a clear goal scoring opportunity, which there wasn't until the penalty was awarded.

As for the "simple physics", now I think you are trying to paint things more black and white than they are. Nobody has claimed Bates "manhandled Sakala away from the ball", he just made it more difficult for him to get there in my opinion. It is entirely possible for Sakala to be getting his jersey pulled and still be able to make an attempt for the ball. As an example, you see it often when players are breaking up the pitch. An opponent will grab a handful of their jersey in an attempt to halt a fast break. The player being impeded can still move forward despite having his jersey pulled, but that doesn't mean it's not a foul though. Your simple law of physics does not mean as soon as a player has their shirt pulled they then move in the direction they are being pulled...

So Bates didn't manhandle Sakala, but he Sakala was manhandled enough for Beaton to give the penalty? Curious....

The whole claim by Sportscene that the penalty was valid was based specifically that there was force placed on Sakala. So are you now saying Sportscene are wrong? Because they are probably the only people (other than Rangers fans) claiming it's a penalty.

AJF, in terms of posters I quite like our exchanges, but at this point in time you need to stop defending what clearly wasn't a penalty. It's not even a foul if it's anywhere on the pitch. Personally, and completely selfishly, I'd have preferred you lot to hump Aberdeen (considering league positions) so it's not like I'm trying to defend them.