Livingston FC V Dundee United FC - Wednesday 27 October 2021

Can’t say I know much about our opposition for this fixture, but Livi appear to have had a variable start to the season.  That said they have scored six goals in their last two games, from seven shots on target if the BBC stats are to believed, which suggests their finishing is clinical.

Given this we will have to make sure our defence is of the quality it is has been so far this season.

No changes in personnel, formation or tactics for us please - just more of the same.

#tamcourtstangerinearmy

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Pissed off at the arrangements for this match. Impossible to get a ticket unless a trip to Dundee is made prior to visiting the match, it appears. Any suggestions? Do Livingston not need the cash?

Surprised they haven't opened it up online. St. Mirren fans were able to buy through the online ticketing system.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Can’t say I know much about our opposition for this fixture, but Livi appear to have had a variable start to the season.  That said they have scored six goals in their last two games, from seven shots on target if the BBC stats are to believed, which suggests their finishing is clinical.

Given this we will have to make sure our defence is of the quality it is has been so far this season.

No changes in personnel, formation or tactics for us please - just more of the same.

#tamcourtstangerinearmy

Will be an interesting one, up till now our home form was hugely better than our away, even though the home results weren't great, we more than held our own in those games, but made the odd defensive mistake that always got punished. And weren't finishing our chances either.

Now though, we're clinical as feck in our last 2 away games, if we take that into this home game it'll be a good contest for Utd. Anderson and Bailey have clicked, after a lot of mucking about in our attack, playing Shinnie up front, Anderson had a diabetic seizure against Hibs and passed out, that seemed to knock his confidence for a while too, but everything is going well for him now.

Anyway, onto the game, really looking forward to this, Utd have surprised everyone, including their own fans i'd suspect, and have gone under the radar a good bit with the plaudits Hearts were getting, but have got themselves on the same points tally. On that sort of form a draw would be a good result for us, hoping we can take all 3 though, and keep this new found momentum of ours going into the Celtic game on Sat.

4 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Pissed off at the arrangements for this match. Impossible to get a ticket unless a trip to Dundee is made prior to visiting the match, it appears. Any suggestions? Do Livingston not need the cash?

I noticed that too - not ideal for this Edinburgh based Arab. If I want to go to this game, I will have to buy a ticket for the home end, which isn't ideal. You can print tickets at home for the home end but not for the away end. Makes no sense.

On 24/10/2021 at 15:46, Sarto Mutiny said:

I noticed that too - not ideal for this Edinburgh based Arab. If I want to go to this game, I will have to buy a ticket for the home end, which isn't ideal. You can print tickets at home for the home end but not for the away end. Makes no sense.

Been assured that tickets will be on sale from a window at the ground, from 90 minutes prior to kick off. The assurance was from Tannadice ticket office, who received that information from Livingston this afternoon. I'd like to see it confirmed by Livingston on social media, nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Tap in 94 said:

Where's the best place to park for this game?

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Unlikely to be a huge crowd so Lidl's carpark, in front of the stadium will probably be okay.

EDIT - also the McArthur Glen carpark is free after 6pm

Hardly anyone goes to the St Margaret academy carparks now too, plenty free parking spaces there. Then a short walk that crosses over the bridge behind the North-East stands.

Been assured that tickets will be on sale from a window at the ground, from 90 minutes prior to kick off. The assurance was from Tannadice ticket office, who received that information from Livingston this afternoon. I'd like to see it confirmed by Livingston on social media, nonetheless.
Cheers for the info. I'll maybe take my chances on the night then

Very fond memories of a last minute Ryan Hardie screamer in the season we went up against Dundee Utd. Last season we had a last minute winner from Forrest. Not to mention the lovely 3-2 playoff win. 

We've had some good times playing against Dundee Utd in recent years. Hopefully another one of those.

33 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Pardon?

Yeah we've been in the top flight a few seasons when you lot were still in the Championship.

Sorry, I should have specified since the club went into administration for a second time in five years in 2009 and were punted to the Third Division. I ken you guys like to play fast and loose but most of the rest of us would consider such an event to represent a breast skyward repose. Since that point in time, the teams haven't played very often. 

I'm happy to specify that partly it was because you spent two seasons in in a higher division during that period if it makes you feel better. Would that make you feel better?

15 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Sorry, I should have specified since the club went into administration for a second time in five years in 2009 and were punted to the Third Division. I ken you guys like to play fast and loose but most of the rest of us would consider such an event to represent a breast skyward repose. Since that point in time, the teams haven't played very often. 

I'm happy to specify that partly it was because you spent two seasons in in a higher division during that period if it makes you feel better. Would that make you feel better?

Three if you don't mind, did time pass quicker for you after we got promoted in season 2017/18, or did you just try to block out that season from your memory.............This might help you remember.

41265790224_fc27114b72_z.jpg

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Three if you don't mind, did time pass quicker for you after we got promoted in season 2017/18, or did you just try to block out that season from your memory.............This might help you remember.

41265790224_fc27114b72_z.jpg

When do you think United got promoted?

6 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

When do you think United got promoted?

🤣

Was too busy having a good time in a cup final and being in the top 6, completely forgot Utd were in the Premiership last season, not being at the games prob didn't help, felt so detached last season only watching games on ppv, apologies.