St Johnstone vs. Hearts

32 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Good team though, and along with Utd definitely in the top four sides we've played in the league this season I would say.

Are the other two Rangers and Celtic by any chance?

8 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

I’m going to throw this one out there…he maybe isn’t any good - they see him in training everyday and he doesn’t play - it could possibly point towards something.

It took Melamed 2 months to get a game in the league.

Davidson will look to players he trusts just now, fitness permitting. Vertainen will get his chance at some point and then it'll be up to him to take it.

The Gordon incident happened in front of me, I was adamant he handled it outside the box at the time but now I’m not so sure. Need to see it again.

Without those forced subs, I think we’d have gone onto win it.

Also, Liam Gordon is a better defender than Kerr ever was, boy was directing everything defensively that whole match.

Steven Mclean shouldn’t even get to referee Letham Community’s matches.

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

No idea why CD doesn't try to freshen things up with Eetu...it beggars belief really.

for the umpteenth game in my opinion he couldn't because we had 2 enforced subs. I suppose he could have came on instead of Middleton. risky though and CD trusts him  more and not sure it makes any difference on a positive point of things 

21 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

The Jam Tarts still cannot beat us in Perth.

Ref Mclean put in his usual Perth performance absolute mince.

We may be known as "The Fermers" but that Hearts team's style of play is certainly "Agricultural" with their fouling and pushing. 

You had double the number of bookings we did

5 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

We did, and several of them were even deserved.  But McLean was reluctant to book Hearts players on several occasions.  The wee no. 14, for example, repeatedly jumped into Saints players with no intention of going for the ball when they were in the air for a header, making them fall awkwardly, with the Saints players needing treatment a couple of times.

9 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

TBF it took Devlin 6 fouls to get one booking.

We also had at least two players booked for dissent, while Halliday was allowed to throw a wee hissy fit including throwing the ball about without getting booked.

No point using a Steven MacLean performance to judge anything.

34 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

The Jam Tarts still cannot beat us in Perth.

Ref Mclean put in his usual Perth performance absolute mince.

We may be known as "The Fermers" but that Hearts team's style of play is certainly "Agricultural" with their fouling and pushing. 

🙃

12 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I remember them wanting the ref to watch out for diving. He did and booked 2 St Johnstone players for their cheating. Some of the stuff i'm reading tonight sounds equally daft. Two teams giving it their all, St Johnstone no shrinking violets, but big bad Hertz though. Pathetic.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Anyone else love McCart just grabbing that boys leg and pulling him down? emoji23.png

Thought he did well to pull that out the bag, after a bit of a howler to slip in that position. Almost as funny was the Hearts player making out falling on the soft grass had injured him before picking up the ball that broke from the free kick and dribbling through 3 players.

Murray's header whilst lying on the ground in the box was great as well.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF it took Devlin 6 fouls to get one booking.

We also had at least two players booked for dissent, while Halliday was allowed to throw a wee hissy fit including throwing the ball about without getting booked.

No point using a Steven MacLean performance to judge anything.

Zander Clark was the only one for dissent.  The other 3 were for really poor tackles.

No argument Devlin could have been booked earlier, think he committed more fouls thanthe rest of our team put together

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

The Gordon incident happened in front of me, I was adamant he handled it outside the box at the time but now I’m not so sure. Need to see it again.

Without those forced subs, I think we’d have gone onto win it.

Also, Liam Gordon is a better defender than Kerr ever was, boy was directing everything defensively that whole match.

Steven Mclean shouldn’t even get to referee Letham Community’s matches.

I always thought that Gordon was our best defender.Hes certainly a great organiser and leader.

1 hour ago, THE FAT MAN said:

for the umpteenth game in my opinion he couldn't because we had 2 enforced subs. I suppose he could have came on instead of Middleton. risky though and CD trusts him  more and not sure it makes any difference on a positive point of things 

He could try starting him for a change?Our strikers aren't exactly banging them in.Whats there to lose?