St Johnstone vs. Hearts

We need to try something different here.

We barely score home goals under Davidson and nothing over the Summer has changed that. 3 goals against an abysmal Dundee make it look a lot better than it is. Apart from that game we have an own goal v Motherwell, then MOH scoring from nothing against Rangers. We've not even threatened much away. Dundee in the cup again the best, but we barely created anything v Hibs or Aberdeen. Even against St Mirren we spent 70+ mins doing nothing.

Midfield a major problem for us and Hearts the last team you want to be facing with that. Craig having his usual early season struggles with the pace, Davidson injured for the most part, MacPherson a bit of a nothing player, Wotherspoon I'm still convinced needs a rest, Crawford alright but again he's not one who'll win you games or control the game. Leaves you with Bryson, who has dodgy ankles and probably can't play Saturday - Wednesday after returning from injury. That's before you start on the attack...

Meh.

If Boyce is out it's a huge blow, Gnanduillet I think is not a bad player but we don't play to his strengths and he was hopeless on Saturday off the bench.

That's a few games in a row Woodburn hasn't looked quite up for it, I'd take him out and put him on the bench.  I'd also get Walker on the bench at least, I think he's easily our most effective sub in terms of changing a game.

Agree with the comment above about feeling uneasy when other teams expect nothing, but we could really do with a win. Too many draws of late.

Not a happy hunting ground for us historically. We do seem a bit tougher this season though. Saturday we struggled against a team desperate for points, and with players and coaches who don’t have much love for our club. There’s a couple in the St Johnstone squad who seem to feel that way towards us too. 

I think it will be the narrowest of games. Possibly a draw, but wouldn’t be surprised to see either team win by one goal.

Hopefully Dundee was a reminder that we aren’t so good, that we can score a goal and expect to see out the game with three points in the bag.

The table shows we are a better team than they are, but I am never confident in this fixture. Could be the end of our unbeaten run if we aren’t right up for it for the full 90 minutes. We should be winning it though.

I think Craig will come in for Bryson and that may be the only change from Saturday in terms of starting 11. I'm not convinced Efe should start though, so maybe Muller in for him for me.

I'd imagine the draw vs Dundee will sting for Hearts, so they will be right up for it. 

I wonder though whether Davidson might be tempted to go with another striker (May) up alongside Kane and look for Kane to hassle the defence with May feeding off that. Middleton might be a better option coming of bench possibly.

Really going to need yo get something out of this game as Utd on Saturday could be as tough and no points in 4 games would put us too close to the bottom. 

I think Craig will come in for Bryson and that may be the only change from Saturday in terms of starting 11. I'm not convinced Efe should start though, so maybe Muller in for him for me.
I'd imagine the draw vs Dundee will sting for Hearts, so they will be right up for it. 
I wonder though whether Davidson might be tempted to go with another striker (May) up alongside Kane and look for Kane to hassle the defence with May feeding off that. Middleton might be a better option coming of bench possibly.
Really going to need yo get something out of this game as Utd on Saturday could be as tough and no points in 4 games would put us too close to the bottom. 
MOH fit as is Davidson so would be amazed if those two don't go straight in. Assume Bryson won't be fit enough for Wednesday-Saturday but must be a temptation to keep him in if he's close to it.

Clark

MoH Muller Gordon McCart Booth
Davidson Bryson
Crawford
May Kane

Swap in Craig or McPherson for Bryson if he doesn't make it. Think I'm happy for Muller, Dendoncker or Brown in place of Ambrose on the right side.

Clark

Brown Gordon McCart

MOH Davidson Bryson Booth

Crawford          Wotherspoon

Kane 

Dominate the midfield. Crawford and Wotherspoon pushing onto support Kane.

0-0 wouldn’t be the worst result in the world for us here to stop the recent run. A 1-0 win would be tremendous.

Looking forward to it. A big game under the floodlights with a big (non-OF) travelling support. Sounds like it’ll be a hearts support along the lines of what they used to bring to McDiarmid years back. Got used to them bringing only about 1000 the last few visits, hope the Saints support is similar in numbers to the recent Livi match and it’ll be a cracking atmosphere.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark

Brown Gordon McCart

Kane 

Dominate the midfield. Crawford and Wotherspoon pushing onto support Kane.

0-0 wouldn’t be the worst result in the world for us here to stop the recent run. A 1-0 win would be tremendous.

Looking forward to it. A big game under the floodlights with a big (non-OF) travelling support. Sounds like it’ll be a hearts support along the lines of what they used to bring to McDiarmid years back. Got used to them bringing only about 1000 the last few visits, hope the Saints support is similar in numbers to the recent Livi match and it’ll be a cracking atmosphere.

Midfield is our strongest area by far. Beni and Devlin are the engine. Will be difficult to “dominate” them. 

Not overly confident about this game as I’ve said elsewhere on the forum. Don’t have a great record up there, and our frontline isn’t firing on all cylinders. Boyce possibly being out doesn’t help either.

Can see a draw.

I can’t make midweek games away, but there’s talk of about 3k heading to Perth.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark

Brown Gordon McCart

Kane 

I don't think he'll start Spoony and might be MacPherson or even Craig depending on how Bryson feels after 90 minutes at the weekend. Like you I think he'll go back to MOH at RWB.

We're going to have to score to get a result here because they will.