Scottish Cup 3rd Round Draw

LoonsYouthTeam

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

Literally dozens of potentially great away days and we get fucking Morton at home :lol: No doubt they are saying the same of course. What a load of pish.

Not to worry, you'll get another shot in Round 4. 

Think Talbot vs Accies will probably make the TV although others saying QP vs Killie as the game will need to be moved due to QP using Firhill might be right

good draw nonetheless. Brechin vs Darvel, Queens Park vs Killie, Talbot vs Accies, Falkirk vs Raith, Clydebank (if they beat Elgin) vs Clyde and Cove Rangers vs Queen of the South are all interesting games

Celtic are playing Aberdeen on the Sunday of that weekend and looks like the Candy have a free week. Might go to a cup game on the Saturday if I have time

Edited by candycelt

11 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

A sixth tie against dunfermline this season. Great.

I’m surprised there’s only 2 all Championship ties. Usually there’s a minimum of 3.

I’m surprised there’s only 2 all Championship ties. Usually there’s a minimum of 3.

Aye the Championship sides seems to have a habit of finding each other at early stages which make for incredibly shite draws.

Fairly happy with our tie but Brora at Somerset is an upset waiting to happen. I’d rather play Albion Rovers.

20 minutes ago, Shanner said:

what sort of numbers would Accies typically bring to a tie like this?

People might actually show up since it’s somewhere new and it’s Scottish cup weekend maybe just over/under 200 would be a good turn out.

Although I can see it being a TV pick which would reduce numbers dependent on kick off time.

14 minutes ago, andy25 said:
20 minutes ago, Shanner said:
what sort of numbers would Accies typically bring to a tie like this?

I read they had 90 at Kilmarnock yesterday

Sounds about right, but that does factor in that Kilmarnock is a shite away day, it’s a ground we have just spent 7 seasons going to, a game we would lose 9/10 and we just got pumped by 5 goals at home the week prior. 90 is about 40 more than I would have thought.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

39 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Four of them at home too.

Honestly can’t mind the last interesting cup draw we got. Both Penicuik and Formartine were at Firhill, as was Connah’s Quay. 

I was about to say when you played Culter. Didn't realise that was 10 years ago. I went  to the replay at Firhill and sat in the away section. Most of the Culter fans were steaming.