Hamilton v Queens

AJ, our magic manager, and his notes on team selection and 'style' of play:

1. Max at RWB

2. the two big lads up front

3. Brynn to roll ball out to Josh (after pretending to maybe do something different for about 20 secs)

4. Josh to hoof it in general direction of the two big lads up front

5. Max at RWB (just checking)

6. If necessary (?!), tactical sub at 85 min point, bring off LWB and move Wullie oot there (jist to see his face)

7. Double check RWB position, yup, lovely

8. Further tactical sub at 89 min, bring off one of the big lads for someone not quite so big

9. Good to go....

Just a bit of fun 😉

Nothing personal against Max Johnston but would any other 17-18 year old (whatever age he is), who has  put in the "performances" he has, have kept their place in the team. Older, more experienced players would probably have been  dropped already. It must surely be a loan condition that he gets game time. I hope he progresses but not at the expense of keeping better players out of that position. 

18 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Nothing personal against Max Johnston but would any other 17-18 year old (whatever age he is), who has  put in the "performances" he has, have kept their place in the team. Older, more experienced players would probably have been  dropped already. It must surely be a loan condition that he gets game time. I hope he progresses but not at the expense of keeping better players out of that position

Same goes for Liddle who I feel has been largely anonymous so far but seems to be ahead of Todd and McGrory in the pecking order.  McGrory especially has impressed me this season, and I'd much rather we gave him every opportunity to develop ahead of a loan signing.

Edited by Slipmat

Can only assume Chucky has a knock or something otherwise that is a fucking ridiculous decision to bench him.
A long night of punting shite hopeful balls up to Moyo it is then 
Chucky looked done in at Killie on Sat at the end of the game.

He's been knocking his pan in for 90 mins every week so can see why he's on the bench tonight - wouldn't be surprised if he does have a slight knock either.

Another insipid display from us admittedly in terrible conditions. Anonymity in midfield and toothless up front is a dire combination and not surprising that we are now starting to fire blanks. Far too many passengers and quite a few just don’t look good enough.

Just now, Rjc-1988 said:

Another insipid display from us admittedly in terrible conditions. Anonymity in midfield and toothless up front is a dire combination and not surprising that we are now starting to fire blanks. Far too many passengers and quite a few just don’t look good enough.

3 wins from 11 games now for Queens this season. Nowhere near good enough. Time for change. 

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm absolutely sick and tired of Queens right now.

This is our fourth straight season of scrambling around at the bottom of the table.

There is very little about this side that's remotely attractive.

Yep it's extremely difficult to be positive when faced with yet another relegation battle. 

Wholesale changes required starting with Gibson back to RB - Need to find somebody who can make things happen in midfield as that part of the team is miles off the pace. Not surprising that we never come back from 0-1 as we showed little or no urgency to get equaliser in fact Accies looked more likely to extend lead.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm absolutely sick and tired of Queens right now.

This is our fourth straight season of scrambling around at the bottom of the table.

There is very little about this side that's remotely attractive.

Couldn’t agree more,  in the past I’d have been up at this game - now I struggle to motivate myself to even go to home games.   Judging by recents crowds I’m not alone.