Next Cowdenbeath Manager

If he can deliver results and get us challenging for a top 4 place in his first full season then I'll print this post out and eat it.

No pressure then Mo [emoji23]

He had build a good reputation in Norway and the Faroes according to Daily Record reports at the time, and he also had a good reputation at Motherwell. Yip he made a mistake at Notts Co, which he apologised massively for on Sportsound and in the papers. I would say it’s a promising appointment for Cowdenbeath personally.

I have to admit I'm impressed with this appointment.  In the past we've hired young managers like Liam Fox and Colin Nish who had 0 managerial experience and it was a disaster.  In Ross here we have somebody who has been there, done it and is looking for that opportunity to continue to develop.  I like the video above and he comes across quite well in it.

Least he's got a nice easy first match to get started :D 

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

I have to admit I'm impressed with this appointment.  In the past we've hired young managers like Liam Fox and Colin Nish who had 0 managerial experience and it was a disaster. :D 

Looking back Nish was really unlucky in his time as manager. I regret moaning about him and wanting him sacked. Look what came after

Good luck to Maurice Ross and let's see if the players react and perform better with him in charge. It's going to be a tough gig for him

1 hour ago, CowdenPhil said:

Looking back Nish was really unlucky in his time as manager. I regret moaning about him and wanting him sacked. Look what came after

Good luck to Maurice Ross and let's see if the players react and perform better with him in charge. It's going to be a tough gig for him

Nish got relegated from a higher division with 39 points ever since teams have stayed up with that total.

I think he might have done alright the next season better than Fox anyway.

I could never warm to Bollan and always imagined it would be a nightmare playing for him. Especially if you had a bit of talent. But this fella, I like already. He's a thinker, not a shouter, and it's exactly what Cowden need after the last few years and with some of the talent available in the side. I'm confident he'll get the players raising their levels, playing to their strengths and getting that bit extra out of the squad that's been lacking. After a bleak couple of months, there's now some hope at least that things can and will get better.

Good luck to yer man

Every club has one, Stenny seem to have a bagful.

I was thinking that some lessons would be learned when Berwick went down. Their fans (especially one) were absolutely torturing us every week. It’s extremely naive thinking that any club is going to be safe season after season. Every club can have a bad season and fall out the league.

The first 11 we have can easily compete at the top half of this league, I'm sure our new manager will make this happen.

WRT Nish, if Smith had stayed with us we'd have been in the promotion playoffs.

Agreed. Smith was a big miss when he left for Oz.