Next Cowdenbeath Manager

11 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Is Jimmy Calderwood still involved behind the scenes at the club?? Maybe he’d fancy one last shot at management if he is.

He is being treated for dementia im sure. Sad for him and his family. He was involved as a Director at some point recently however or some form of connection with the club.

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Sad news if that is the case iateallthepies.

Sadly, as has been mentioned, Jimmy was diagnosed with dementia 6 years ago. He was a director at Cowden, but I don't think he is anymore. I think his son Scott still manages a lower league Dutch side. Maybe he might apply. He previously said he would like to manage in Scotland.

On 28/10/2021 at 15:27, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I have had calls from two former successful managers

Interesting you state successful as that only really leaves a small pool of former managers...

IMO, Mixu, Cameron, Lennon all successful although Mixu (money) and Lennon (in a job) have to be discounted.

This leaves Nicholl and Levein as the only other people that can be argued as being successful in recent-ish years. It won't be Levein though as I think him and the QC had a bit of a falling out not too long ago.

Please let me be wrong about Mixu. I'd piss myself laughing if he was somehow appointed. Bring back the three Paatelainen's, f**k it.

16 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Me too. I'm sure he regrets that post.

Why? I’m merely stating that like some of the previous quotes for the managers job it was absurd, Scott Brown being another. Not only has Jimmy been out of football for years I was also well aware of his illness. 

Interesting you state successful as that only really leaves a small pool of former managers...
IMO, Mixu, Cameron, Lennon all successful although Mixu (money) and Lennon (in a job) have to be discounted.
This leaves Nicholl and Levein as the only other people that can be argued as being successful in recent-ish years. It won't be Levein though as I think him and the QC had a bit of a falling out not too long ago.
Please let me be wrong about Mixu. I'd piss myself laughing if he was somehow appointed. Bring back the three Paatelainen's, f**k it.

Levein would be a great appointment if it could happen.

Why? I’m merely stating that like some of the previous quotes for the managers job it was absurd, Scott Brown being another. Not only has Jimmy been out of football for years I was also well aware of his illness. 

It didn’t look good.

10 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

It could be 4 Paatelainen's now. Mixu's son Joel could play while his dad and uncles manage/coach. Don't think Joel has a team now.

53 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Especially with the 'laughing 'til I cried' emoji. About a man with dementia.

He wasn't laughing at someone having dementia. At the very worse he was laughing at a man with dementia managing a football club. My dad has severe dementia and would make managing Cowden interesting. He would want Nelson Mandela at centre half and snoopy up front. Would still be my pick for the job before the likes of Liam Fox.

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

Especially with the 'laughing 'til I cried' emoji. About a man with dementia.

You completely mis read my post. The laughing emoji is for,IMO the general suggestion that Calderwood and others would be mentioned, nothing to do with his illness. I have the deepest sympathy for him and family as both my parents suffered, from Vascular Dementia and Alzheimer’s respectively and I often describe it as a living death for the sufferer and living hell for the family. I am a supporter of both their respective charities. That you should question the post and read into it that I was having a go because of his illness completely baffles me. Surely nobody expects Jimmy Calderwood or Scott Brown to be the next Cowdenbeath manager🤔

Thom & Gerry, read my post about Calderwood again, I didn’t say he should be managing you, I simply asked if he was still involved at the club and mentioned if he was he may fancy a return to the dugout one last time. It was quickly pointed out that he had health issues and was no longer involved and I said that was sad to hear. You then started having a dig at the mere suggestion of him as a contender,.

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

You completely mis read my post. The laughing emoji is for,IMO the general suggestion that Calderwood and others would be mentioned, nothing to do with his illness. I have the deepest sympathy for him and family as both my parents suffered, from Vascular Dementia and Alzheimer’s respectively and I often describe it as a living death for the sufferer and living hell for the family. I am a supporter of both their respective charities. That you should question the post and read into it that I was having a go because of his illness completely baffles me. Surely nobody expects Jimmy Calderwood or Scott Brown to be the next Cowdenbeath manager🤔

Whatever you were trying to say, well it didn’t hit the mark. It didn’t look good. It still doesn’t. That’s all.