Next Cowdenbeath Manager

40 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Wouldn’t mind Mark Fotheringham back sure he’s back in scotland after leaving his role in germany was very vocal when on our sidelines.

He was very angry. And also part of an underachieving management team along with Gary Bollan.

I believe the players really enjoyed his training though.

On 25/10/2021 at 21:25, CowdenPhil said:

Manager and his staff desperate to come 

Anyone actually "desperate" to go to Cowdenbeath should be discarded immediately!

But seriously, it'll be difficult to attract someone decent given your position,  and the cash likely to be at their disposal to strengthen the team.

34 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Anyone actually "desperate" to go to Cowdenbeath should be discarded immediately!

But seriously, it'll be difficult to attract someone decent given your position,  and the cash likely to be at their disposal to strengthen the 

Thank you for your contribution. Let's face it who really is decent in Scottish football management these days? You are right, if you have the cash you get a better class of jobber in your dugout. 

9 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

Thank you for your contribution. Let's face it who really is decent in Scottish football management these days? You are right, if you have the cash you get a better class of jobber in your dugout. 

There are actually some decent guys out there, not only jobbers. You've done well in the past re picking up managers, but perhaps not been looking for someone when you've been in such a shitey position.

On 27/10/2021 at 09:09, davyboy1992 said:

I don't think Broony will be short of a few quid. He must surely know he will have to take a massive wage cut regardless of who his first managerial job is with. Not many young Scottish coaches/future managers walk into a good paying job at a high end SPL team. Barry Ferguson, Paul Hartley and Kevin Thomson spring to mind right away. Stevie Naismith and Barry Robson will more than likely have to do the same.

Maybe the Campbell brothers at Crossgates could follow in the family footsteps and step up a level. To be honest, where Cowden and Crossgates are right now I don't see a MASSIVE jump in levels anyway. 

surely folk aint serious with Brown eh. 

Massive appointment for the club here and when big appointments were needed we have always done the right thing. Personally I think Jim Weir is a good fit but maybe same "mould" as a Gary Bollan. A lot will depend on who applies - my gut is 30 to 40 will apply and only 2 maybe 3 would be genuine contenders.

about 20 of them will be folk who have championship manager etc.

I dont think Fotheringham is right seen as he was part of the staff previously but perhaps as a man on his own could do a good job and he knows the club/players/ limitations etc so perhaps not the worst idea.

Whomever it is will get my full support for sure. We will turn this slump around. 

Mone the Cowden

16 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

He was very angry. And also part of an underachieving management team along with Gary Bollan.

I believe the players really enjoyed his training though.

As above .

Noticed Brian Reid of Albion Rovers mentioned in the Courier not really inspired by that one either.

3 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

surely folk aint serious with Brown eh. 

100% serious, if not him then someone of the same 'mould' in terms of young, hungry player/coach looking for first steps in management with alot of good contacts which may help bring some decent loan signings in from bigger clubs. 

Any thoughts on the Campbell brothers from Crossgates? 

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

I think brian reid is genius from Donald. It then means we take a competitor for bottom positions manager and the upheaval it could cause Albion potentially. I like it.

It may be genius on one side of the coin but on the other you will have to pay compensation to Albion, less resources for new manager but a bit extra for Albion, with the winter transfer window coming.

55 minutes ago, davyboy1992 said:

100% serious, if not him then someone of the same 'mould' in terms of young, hungry player/coach looking for first steps in management with alot of good contacts which may help bring some decent loan signings in from bigger clubs. 

Any thoughts on the Campbell brothers from Crossgates? 

david stop using pie and bov ya bannit. WEST CALDER UTD.....

28 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

It may be genius on one side of the coin but on the other you will have to pay compensation to Albion, less resources for new manager but a bit extra for Albion, with the winter transfer window coming.

Perhaps however maybe we think the squad is good enough to keep us up anyhow I certainly think it is added with 1 or maybe 2 come January. It could be all bollocks and Jimmy Nicholl will be back for his 3rd spell....haha

19 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Perhaps however maybe we think the squad is good enough to keep us up anyhow I certainly think it is added with 1 or maybe 2 come January. It could be all bollocks and Jimmy Nicholl will be back for his 3rd spell....haha

I have had calls from two former successful managers

2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Thats the way I look at it.

46 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Jimmy Nicholl can get in the bin.

Thankful for him providing us with some excellent times but towards the end of most recent tenure was a complete and utter shambles/embarrassment.

Jimmy's time has come and gone I would say. He was good coming in and keeping us in the Championship but his next season was the start of the slide which sees us where we are.