Next Cowdenbeath Manager

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

He didn't even have a full season their. So came in wasn't his players. 

A lot of them were his players he got rid of a lot of players Robbie Horn signed.

Give him his due he had a good record in the juniors but made a pigs ear of it at Berwick.

Hasn’t really recovered from it.

I think if Berwick had punted him earlier they would have survived that season.

Edited by cowdenbeath

2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I suspect because he had one bad gig at Berwick. In this country to some fans that makes you a dud as a manager while in some other countries that is experience on your CV!

Getting a club relegated out of the SPFL isn’t the best of things to have on your cv.

30 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

A lot of them were his players he got rid of a lot of players Robbie Horn signed.

Give him his due he had a good record in the juniors but made a pigs ear of it at Berwick.

Hasn’t really recovered from it.

I think if Berwick had punted him earlier they would have survived that season.

Yes but it's difficult to change a squad during a season and make it work.

He went to tranent for a short spell during covid. He was meant to go to dundonald but ended up at us. Bear in mind my club are a couple of steps down from Berwick 

Heard an approach has been made to a manager under contract at another club. Manager and his staff desperate to come but apparently his current club are demanding unrealistic and unreasonable amount for compensation. Could a certain manager be making a swift departure from his current club? 🤔 

50 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yes but it's difficult to change a squad during a season and make it work.

He went to tranent for a short spell during covid. He was meant to go to dundonald but ended up at us. Bear in mind my club are a couple of steps down from Berwick 

True but their end of season run was horrendous Albion Rovers never should have caught them.

I thought they had a worse side at the end than they did at the start.

Thanks for letting me know who Dundonald had been after the local paper never named him.

Edited by cowdenbeath

40 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

Heard an approach has been made to a manager under contract at another club. Manager and his staff desperate to come but apparently his current club are demanding unrealistic and unreasonable amount for compensation. Could a certain manager be making a swift departure from his current club? 🤔 

🤣

2 minutes ago, onecowden said:

This is not a slight on Ray McKinnon but I would have won league 2 with the Queens squad last season.

Fair comment.

Tbf, he knows the league and has the contacts to bring in players who will improve the squad.

Won't be cheap unless he's desperate for a job.

40 minutes ago, davyboy1992 said:

Scott Brown to take his first job as manager, helping his home town team whilst stepping onto the managerial ladder...

Any local Junior/Eos managers setting the heather on fire? 

He’s probably on about 10k a week at Aberdeen as a player coach. Not sure how that’s going to work ?