Next Cowdenbeath Manager

26 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

I am sure when we were talking he said he was back here for good probably why he decided to get the knees  done. I suspect his contract was not renewed for whatever reason.

He is definitely back at the moment, seen him a couple of times on the golf course at Burntisland where he is a member and also in Sainsbury’s yesterday!

Just now, big al said:

He is definitely back at the moment, seen him a couple of times on the golf course at Burntisland where he is a member and also in Sainsbury’s yesterday!

As I say we spoke a couple of weeks ago and he  on sticks  pretty certain back permanatly. Sainsburys we normally meet up at Tesco's in the Bay both you and him must be making too much money lol 🤣

1 minute ago, Blue Oktober said:

As I say we spoke a couple of weeks ago and he  on sticks  pretty certain back permanatly. Sainsburys we normally meet up at Tesco's in the Bay both you and him must be making too much money lol 🤣

Haha

It’s my closest supermarket these days 

We used to joke at City back in the East of Scotland days that we should go back to the tradition of having the committee pick the team and just having a trainer to concentrate on fitness 

I'll put my name forward- my manifesto is to get the bone idle shagbags to get up thae Gullane sand dunes and give 110% and to kick anything that moves.

4 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Did a very good job for Forfar after Bollan left us in a mess at the bottom of a table….

Jim Weir decent win ratio on average and good win ratio at the clubs he has served apart from his spell at Arbroath. 

Bollan was a credible appointment at the time as he also had an excellent win ratio track record and started their spell well given where we had been. 

Looking forward to the new management which will hopefully be refreshing for the club. 

Would be good to to see Mixu at the club had and good chat with him back in 2018/19 when he appeared at our club a few times. A real gentleman. 

Seasonal starts again now - 3points Let's push on 

Edited by Cowden316

Well done to the board on taking decisive action. Still plenty of the season left for a new manager to come in and change the dynamic and mindset of the team. I’m sure this has cost Cowden a settlement fee but action had to be taken. 
If only we could have Mixu again but I’m sure that he will have far bigger fish to fry. Any managerial position in senior football will attract a decent bit of interest so hopefully we can get someone with a bit of experience who can motivate the players and get them working to their strengths. A few decent names mentioned already apart from Stevie Crawford. It all depends on who actually applies. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

Jim Weir would be perfect but I'm not sure what happened after his nasty car accident. Sometimes a horrible thing like that can make folk re-assess where they are with their life, perhaps he has decided to concentrate on other things. But if he is available and willing to come wouldn't look anywhere else. It's a tricky appointment, not one for taking risks with an untried guy from the LL / EoS IMO. Yes they could be a Tam Courts but can just as easily be a Johnny Harvey.

Bollan did you guys a turn for a while, but shouty disciplinarians have a shelf life and he was well past his. However I think you need someone with expereince to steer the club away from trouble. With the squad Cowden have mid table - maybe sneaking into fourth- should be well within the collective grasp.

We also shouldn't forget that Bollan spoke for the whole of Pie & Bovril when he invited the Berwick Rangers Social Media Manager to "away and take your face for a shite". Probably his key contribution to Scottish football that will live on in the ages.

Some wild suggestions on here that Cowdenbeath have no chance of attracting.

The two obvious ones to come in are Weir or Harper. Harper in particular has it on his CV of keeping an absolute rabble of a team up from what looked like an impossible position so is what I would opt for.

Not saying Cowdenbeath are as bad as that Albion Rovers side but they are currently the worst in the league by a decent margin with the weakest squad.