Next Cowdenbeath Manager

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Not convinced Nelly he was marmite at the Pars and was poor in his spell with East Fife.

Realistic option. Has experience at a higher level. look when I see fans making suggestions we have to remember 1. They have to apply. 2. They have to come across well interview 3. They have to b within budget.

All guys mentioned may not meet the 3 points 

Edited by NELLY 1

40 minutes ago, big al said:

Gary Jardine as a suggestion is all very well, but he has a job, and for a team who just beat Cowden, so why would he want to swap and are Cowden really in a position to poach other clubs staff?

Very simple we r a bigger club regardless if they beat us.  End of day jardine would see it as a step up. It's a realistic option.

I think the club need a young hungry manager with fresh modern ideas , bollan stabilized us which I’m
Grateful for but as nelly said in a previous post his attitude and demeanor did not suit our community club (Danny Lennon was a perfect example of
Getting involved with the community and fans ). The next few weeks will be interesting

6 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Realistic option. Has experience at a higher level. look when I see fans making suggestions we have to remember 1. They have to apply. 2. They have to come across well interview 3. They have to b within budget.

All guys mentioned may not meet the 3 points 

Aye I know some of the earlier ones mentioned are pie in the sky at least you are on a realistic level.

6 hours ago, big al said:

Gary Jardine as a suggestion is all very well, but he has a job, and for a team who just beat Cowden, so why would he want to swap and are Cowden really in a position to poach other clubs staff?

He’s just a name mentioned especially after his team turned us over.

Would we be interested who knows.

Would he be interested who knows perhaps he would fancy another shot at the SPFL then again as you say he’s maybe more than happy where he is.

10 hours ago, silkybeath said:

Appointing young blood can be really successful as you mentioned (Mixu, Cameron) or a risk (Fox, Nish).

A Barry Robson, Steven Naismith or Charlie Adam (no chance) would bring new ideas

Other options, Jardine (with Mbu) as mentioned, Stevie Crawford, Kevin Harper, Jenkins.

Will be interested to see what interest there is from applicants.

Maybe Dick Campbell is bored of Arbroath 😁

I did put Iain Jenkins name forward previously. He was among those interviewed but Bollan was appointed. I wonder if Mixu is available; he has his home in Burntisland.

33 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I did put Iain Jenkins name forward previously. He was among those interviewed but Bollan was appointed. I wonder if Mixu is available; he has his home in Burntisland.

Mixu is manager of Hong Kong as far as I know.

Jenks would have been the ideal man when Danny left but went with him to St Mirren.

Time to move forward not to go back to the past IMO .

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Mixu is manager of Hong Kong as far as I know.

Jenks would have been the ideal man when Danny left but went with him to St Mirren.

Time to move forward not to go back to the past IMO .

Caught up with Mixu a couple of weeks ago he has just had two knee replacements. From what I understood the HK  was a 2 year gig which has now ended.

27 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Caught up with Mixu a couple of weeks ago he has just had two knee replacements. From what I understood the HK  was a 2 year gig which has now ended.

I'll voluntarily drive his wheelchair if that's what it would take to get him to come back!