Next Cowdenbeath Manager

Gary Jardine is a good non league manager won the LL twice with Edinburgh City and kept them up in their first SPFL season.

A guy who seems to get the best out of players on what I presume are small budgets given the sides he has been at.

Knows how to organise a team well as shown today.

Be interesting to see who applies for the job.

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Gary Jardine is a good non league manager won the LL twice with Edinburgh City and kept them up in their first SPFL season.

A guy who seems to get the best out of players on what I presume are small budgets given the sides he has been at.

Knows how to organise a team well as shown today.

Be interesting to see who applies for the job.

Might be an okay appointment but risky in the sense most of his success is at Lowland League level and we might want to consider SPFL successful experience as is any managerial appointment risky mind you. 

Yogi Hughes if he was interested at this level? Probably too pricey wage wise though? 

Or Maybe look back at our previous history success on manager appointments i. E have they been new managers although I think that approach is high risk given our current league position

11 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Or Maybe look back at our previous history success on manager appointments i. E have they been new managers although I think that approach is high risk given our current league position

Appointing young blood can be really successful as you mentioned (Mixu, Cameron) or a risk (Fox, Nish).

A Barry Robson, Steven Naismith or Charlie Adam (no chance) would bring new ideas

Other options, Jardine (with Mbu) as mentioned, Stevie Crawford, Kevin Harper, Jenkins.

Will be interested to see what interest there is from applicants.

Maybe Dick Campbell is bored of Arbroath 😁

3 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Appointing young blood can be really successful as you mentioned (Mixu, Cameron) or a risk (Fox, Nish).

A Barry Robson, Steven Naismith or Charlie Adam (no chance) would bring new ideas

Other options, Jardine (with Mbu) as mentioned, Stevie Crawford, Kevin Harper, Jenkins.

Will be interested to see what interest there is from applicants.

Maybe Dick Campbell is bored of Arbroath 😁

Will certainly be interesting to see who applies. 

Think Dick will be enjoying the dizzy heights of potential premiership playoffs. An Excellent manager. 

I don't think Big Joe is available every weekend as he has a young family. Still you never know...

Crawford has been helping City out recently so must want to get back into management

Spoiler

Maybe Gary Naismith fancies a challenge... :whistle

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Might be an okay appointment but risky in the sense most of his success is at Lowland League level and we might want to consider SPFL successful experience as is any managerial appointment risky mind you. 

Yogi Hughes if he was interested at this level? Probably too pricey wage wise though? 

Everything is a risk. I just mentioned Jardine as Nelly mentioned him.

Although I wouldn’t rule him out sure I mentioned him before Gary got the gig.

He has an overall decent record and gets the best out of his players.

SPFL experience dosn’t always work.

Gary had plenty, Jimmy Nicholl had plenty.

Rookies Colin Cameron and Danny Lennon done well but were well backed.

Mixu was exceptional.

Colin Nish and Liam Fox not well, although Nish might have improved with a second season.

Doubt Yogi would be interested sort of guy whose used to full time football and out of our price range.

His last experience of this league was over 30 years ago when he played for Berwick.

So non league boss, experienced boss, rookie boss - who knows glad I don’t run a football club.

Edited by cowdenbeath

20 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

:jerry  I was expecting some Pars to offer him. Barry Ferguson is another. 

Think I would jump of the Forth Bridge if we appointed Ferguson sure some Clyde and Alloa fans had the same thoughts over the years.

Think he has learned after Clyde not to go to clubs with small budgets.

3 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Genuine appointment and reasonable appt would be stevie Crawford. Again we need to see who applies. The club cant go out and source 4hey need to see who is up for the job. Whittle down candidates. I think stevie crawford b a good appt. 

Not convinced Nelly he was marmite at the Pars and was poor in his spell with East Fife.

As a fan its exciting to put names out there  I merely put out a costly more realistic option of stevie crawford. Theres absolutely no information to say he or anyone is interested we have to wait to see who applies. My personal preference would be brian rice totally ambitious by the club however he is out of work and is a workaholic from what I've heard and would love a challenge let's b honest maybe pipe dream but we got gary Locke for 6 months after he got a killie job....