Morton vs Thistle - Tuesday 26th October 2021

Yesterday was absolute dross. A truly dreadful game of football. Hopefully this will be better.

I wouldn’t be averse to bringing Kyle Turner back in, probably for Cammy Smith. Other than that, I would keep it the same team and just hope that they perform to their ability.

Morton put in a shambolic performance at Firhill, and I note that you’ve scored a total of 2 goals in 6 league games since then so we should be favourites here.

What’s happening with Gary Oliver btw? Saw something about him slagging off the manager? Always thought he was not a good player, but a reasonably effective one. 

Surely the inevitable defeat here will be the end for MacPherson. No wins in eight and we've failed to score in six of those games. Only Queen of the South being toothless stopped us conceding yesterday after some shambolic defending; Partick won't let us off so lightly.

57 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What’s happening with Gary Oliver btw? Saw something about him slagging off the manager? Always thought he was not a good player, but a reasonably effective one. 

He has five or six good games a season and his recent performances merited being dropped anyway, but this was the back page of the Greenock Telegraph on Thursday.

IMG-20211021-WA0008.thumb.jpg.a4453286c002dc28ce61936dc42b69be.jpg

Despite the scoreline at Firhill Partick never impressed me all that much. Didn't create much from open play but took advantage of our sex offender not being able to defend set pieces. However they clearly do have the talent to create chances and take them.

Last game some poor performances from Partick players kept the scoreline down. It had nothing to do with anything our team was doing. Yesterday we were lucky not to be three down at halftime as well.

The only question is whether Rudden or Graham scores a hat trick first.

31 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Unless we entered cricket score territory I’m honestly not convinced it’d make much of a difference to the manager’s position. I don’t think he’s going anywhere. 

I disagree, because I don't see the management team putting up with a hounding. Millen was already trying to 'identify' fans at the game yesterday who gave him pelters; they are completely rattled by the disconnect between their 'good result' shitfesting and the attitude of the fanbase. With two crucial home games this week, things could become very toxic for them. 

I can see them washing their hands of the situation and approaching the board for the standard pay-off as early as Saturday evening. 

54 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Unless we entered cricket score territory I’m honestly not convinced it’d make much of a difference to the manager’s position. I don’t think he’s going anywhere. 

He might survive Tuesday night, but there’s no way he’s still here on Saturday without a win… that would be like saying ‘aye, we’re going down, but it’s fine’. In October.

I've been treating this very much as a 'won't make any difference unless we get humped' kind of game; but, looking at the games elsewhere, there's every possibility we go bottom tonight... and that very much makes a difference, because it removes another wafer-thin 'excuse'.

Dunfermline supporters will be on to say 'not happening', but they must be favourites to beat an injury-hit Raith, regardless of their problems to this point.

We'd surely take both games finishing as draws.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Looks like Gus's position is safe regardless of the result, going by the board's programme notes. Reads as 'ramp up the hounding' to me.

7.30pm kickoff for some reason.

Yes... but I'm reading that statement as 'not beyond Saturday' if we don't win either game: 'With two home games in the space of five days now, we hope this will give us an opportunity to build some momentum and start climbing the table in the second quarter of the season.'

Only three points from somewhere can reasonably be interpreted as 'building momentum'; only wins will lead to 'climbing the table'.

They know and he knows the crunch point is here.