Pars v Rovers

30 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I wasn't far from the home fans, and could hear both sets through most of the game, but it was faint.

It doesn't help when those who want to sing sit miles away from anyone else.

Pretty much this... vocal fans at the far opposite ends made both sets of fans sound quiet other than after their goals.

Lol wut

It was blowing a gale but it’s hardly been lashing it down for days. The pitch cut up badly, maybe more so at our end. This resulted in it continually bobbling up.

Hope this clears up what was already quite clear. Enjoy your night once you settle down.

12 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

It was blowing a gale but it’s hardly been lashing it down for days. The pitch cut up badly, maybe more so at our end. This resulted in it continually bobbling up.

Hope this clears up what was already quite clear. Enjoy your night once you settle down.

Pitch was absolutely fine. 

Can only imagine that you in turn need to settle down so you can see what is quite clear to everyone else. Hope that happens soon x

55 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Maybe it's rose tinted specs, maybe it's because we're pish, maybe it's because the Raith fans were in the North East in allocated seats, but I thought the atmosphere was pish compared to derby's of old. 

I'd started to consider that I just couldn't hear the Raith fans because off the sound being directed away? But you could hear them after the goal, for the first 80 minutes though they were mute, I thought it'd be bouncing.

The game wouldn't have deserved it like, draw a correct result really 

I was speaking to my son about the relatively flat atmosphere in the last couple of derbies on the way back tonight. I'm not sure about the Pars perspective, but from a Rovers point of view it's possibly because there aren't any real baddies in either side at the moment - certainly no one in the Pars team to raise my hackles in the way that guys like Watson, Falkingham and Davies did in the past.

Thought we were very poor tonight apart from a piece of brilliance from Dom Thomas. Raith also not up to much but understandable given their missing players. No doubt about it they’re currently a far better footballing team than us when at full strength. 

Also absolutely no issue with the celebrations from the Raith fans, quite rightly enjoyed the moment and myself and others around me said we’d probably have reacted the same had we done it, in fact in November 2009 when Craig Wilson scored the OG with the final kick of the game to give us a 1-2 win I’m sure some of us were on the pitch.

Grant has to go now. I know the players are shiftless, gutless b*****ds but he “coaches” them. Raith had a freekick tonight on the edge of the box, he was shouting on as the players made their offside line and he was confusing everyone. Dom Thomas was shouting back to him and you’d think they were both speaking different languages.

Dick Campbell or Stewart Petrie, or both I don’t care anymore just give them as much money as they want and do it fast.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Just now, Specky Ginger said:

I was speaking to my son about the relatively flat atmosphere in the last couple of derbies on the way back tonight. I'm not sure about the Pars perspective, but from a Rovers point of view it's possibly because there aren't any real baddies in either side at the moment - certainly no one in the Pars team to raise my hackles in the way that guys like Watson, Falkingham and Davies did in the past.

I do agree Derbies benefit from this panto.  We loved going after simmons especially but davidson, baird etc were worthy candidates.

TBF i think there's a few potential candidates on either side that if the right circumstances happen and they stick around can become the good old classic villain.   They lack of derbies with fans recently haven't let these things establish themselves properly.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

Nothing says "time for bed" more than this :lol:

“Time for bed” would be applicable to ANY Pars fan wanting Peter Grant to stay in charge.

we’ve not won a league game in front of spectators since February 2020.  

Couldn’t make the game tonight due to illness but delighted to hear about the mini invasion at the end when we equalised from my son, if you can’t enjoy that then what is the point!! It’s a derby game ffs, the pars fans ran to the cage 🤷🏻‍♂️ Big deal it wouldn’t have been quickly as there knuckles dragging along the ground would slow them down 😜 we said bad things to each other- good because this is why you follow your team , for wee moments like this to hug a stranger in the dying minutes of a shit football game and for that moment the world is alright, anyway off to bed INGRANTWETRUST 😂😂 only thing that’s out of order are the Norrie songs , young team need educated on that

Edited by Been going too long