Pars v Rovers

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

A top ten and it doesn't feature Rangers? Jimmy's credibility is in bits. 

Agree it's disappointing but perhaps they were too sad to be doing any sectarian singing.

I mean, nobody actually hates each other due to this rivalry. It's all a bit of banter and you'll get some people who get caught up in the heart of the moment but by and large there's a mutual respect and appreciation that both sets of fans choose to follow their local team rather than glory hunting.

I went to the cup game against Celtic with my mate and their fans were singing away about Orange b*****ds and chanting up the Ra. It's absolutely fucking daft that there's still stuff like that going on with the Old Firm.

In terms of the Fife Derby, its good that the last decade has brought it back to being relevance. Both sides have had some pretty incredible moments which fans will talk about for a long time.

7 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Not really, most football fans have players/teams they hate for various reasons, it’s pretty normal behaviour for your average football fan🤷🏻‍♂️

For 90 minutes I don't like whoever Dunfermline are playing, I see absolutely no reason why I'd hate Raith. 

Raith away is my favourite away day, I can take or leave the home games though. 

The two derby's this season have been very boring, both from a football game perspective and most importantly, from an atmosphere perspective. Pish. 

Edited by Grant228

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Equating humans to vermin to dehumanise them. Is that still seen as okay?

In the balance of things it's better than singing "you black b*****d" or "I'd rather be a **** than a par"

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

In the balance of things it's better than singing "you black b*****d" or "I'd rather be a **** than a par"

Hate speech IMO.

My hearing is going but I never heard anything like that at the game on Tuesday. Was this happening at the end nearest the Pars fans?

12 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Hate speech IMO.

My hearing is going but I never heard anything like that at the game on Tuesday. Was this happening at the end nearest the Pars fans?

Outside the ground thankfully wasn't repeated during the game.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

Outside the ground thankfully wasn't repeated during the game.

Was it some old boys who have been in prison since the ‘90s?

Seriously, who is still singing this stuff? The Norrie stuff as well. Surprising to hear it’s still being sung.

In other news, I have now reached the age where I will need someone to tell me the lyrics to the John McGlynn song. I only know the ‘we’ve got McGlynn, super John McGlynn’ bit.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

For 90 minutes I don't like whoever Dunfermline are playing, I see absolutely no reason why I'd hate Raith. 

Raith away is my favourite away day, I can take or leave the home games though. 

The two derby's this season have been very boring, both from a football game perspective and most importantly, from an atmosphere perspective. Pish. 

Maybe depends where you’re sitting. It was fairly noisy in the Rovers end. From the clips I’ve seen on social media that are taken from the Main Stand the atmosphere looks okay.

Neither game has been a classic. Hopefully Pars take a few more fans to the New Year derby at Starks.

Was it some old boys who have been in prison since the ‘90s?
Seriously, who is still singing this stuff? The Norrie stuff as well. Surprising to hear it’s still being sung.
In other news, I have now reached the age where I will need someone to tell me the lyrics to the John McGlynn song. I only know the ‘we’ve got McGlynn, super John McGlynn’ bit.

Absolutely agree. Thought they songs had disappeared a long time ago. I remember hearing the “i would rather be a“ song when i was about 10-11 and even at that age thinking it was a stupid thing to be singing.

we’ve got McGlynn, super John McGlynn. I just don’t think you understand, he is a rovers man, he’s better than zidane. we’ve got super John McGlynn

Hate is such a strong word. I'd never use it to describe anyone football-related.

It has to be said Raith are miles ahead of us in a footballing sense right now, but they will ALWAYS be the wee team, Kirkcaldy is an absolute toilet (and I live there) & the best musician to ever come out of Scotland supported the Pars.

In short, enjoy it while it lasts but GIRFUY

Edited by da_no_1

10 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Hate is such a strong word. I'd never use it to describe anyone football-related.

It has to be said Raith are miles ahead of us in a footballing sense right now, but they will ALWAYS be the wee team, Kirkcaldy is an absolute toilet (and I live there) & the best musician to ever come out of Scotland supported the Pars.

Toilets can be beautiful too. 

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

How very needy. 

It's football, even if Raith were our main rivals why would I hate them? It's just football. 

Tbf 1500 is a larger than normal midweek fife Derby attendance from Raith. 

Reckon the attendance was probably around 3500-3750 ish, I think, maybe. 

Must have been a fair number of no shows as There was a fair number of empty seats in the Raith section considering it was supposed to have been sold out

Just to add to previous posts

I hate Rangers

Edited by Rovers_Lad

16 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I see you're not familiar with the bass player (?) from Coldplay... 

13 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Must have been a fair number of no shows as There was a fair number of empty seats in the Raith section considering it was supposed to have been sold out

Just to add to previous posts

I hate Rangers

I suspect part of that was caused by people standing at the back and not sitting in their seats.