Pars v Rovers

19 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

I know. Which I believe is daft and somewhat contradictory. 

Cant be just a wee team, lowly, insignificant AND important enough to incite strong feelings such as hatred.  

Easy fix. 

There’s clearly a significant proportion of your fan base who really do hate us though, isn’t there?

15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

There’s clearly a significant proportion of your fan base who really do hate us though, isn’t there?

Not that I've noticed. 

The young lads ran the length of the stand to give it big licks against Kilmarnock, they probably don't hate them either. 

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not that I've noticed. 

The young lads ran the length of the stand to give it big licks against Kilmarnock, they probably don't hate them either. 

There is , once upon a time you saw us the way we see east fife, cute wee team along the road. Times have changed especially since Mcglynn’s first spell in charge and it’s fair to say our game is your derby not Falkirk anymore and any chance to rip us is taken, which is fair enough , if you don’t hate us who do you hate? 

There is , once upon a time you saw us the way we see east fife, cute wee team along the road. Times have changed especially since Mcglynn’s first spell in charge and it’s fair to say our game is your derby not Falkirk anymore and any chance to rip us is taken, which is fair enough , if you don’t hate us who do you hate? 
Personally? Celtic. Sevco. Dunfermline most weeks.

What was the attendance they announced last night 4500. Having been at the game and watched the highlights I very much doubt that unless EEP now holds over 15000 fans. No supporters in the away end, very limited amount in the Norrie McCathie stand and even in the the North West stand a lot of empty seats. Large areas to the east side of the main stand were also empty.

20 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I see Dunfermline as our main derby. East Fife is our traditional derby but I grew up in the 80s watching Raith battle it out with the likes of John Watson, Norrie McCarthy etc.

43 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

What was the attendance they announced last night 4500. Having been at the game and watched the highlights I very much doubt that unless EEP now holds over 15000 fans. No supporters in the away end, very limited amount in the Norrie McCathie stand and even in the the North West stand a lot of empty seats. Large areas to the east side of the main stand were also empty.

Dunfermline like a number of other clubs include season ticket holders in their attendance figures even if not there as opposed to counting  how many actually come through the turnstiles

Ross County gave an attendance of 2500 against Livi last Saturday but looked nearer 1500

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Aye I'd say so. Since the death of Falkirk you lot have taken those reins and you're better than us by and large. S'all topsy turvy. 

We had a lot of games vs Falkirk and less against the Rovers and it just takes the edge off so will probably happen to the Rovers games too...unless we go down. 

3 hours ago, Been going too long said:

How very needy. 

It's football, even if Raith were our main rivals why would I hate them? It's just football. 

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Tbf 1500 is a larger than normal midweek fife Derby attendance from Raith. 

Reckon the attendance was probably around 3500-3750 ish, I think, maybe. 

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
5 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Personally? Celtic. Sevco. Dunfermline most weeks.

😂😂👍🏻

Alan Temple in The Courier:

’Quite aside from the 12 points that separate them in the current Championship standings, Raith are quite obviously a better, more vibrant and effective team. Football is transient and things can change swiftly, but there has scarcely been a more enjoyable time to be on the Rovers side of this rivalry.’

11 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Alan Temple in The Courier:

’Quite aside from the 12 points that separate them in the current Championship standings, Raith are quite obviously a better, more vibrant and effective team. Football is transient and things can change swiftly, but there has scarcely been a more enjoyable time to be on the Rovers side of this rivalry.’

I mean, just in the last decade we almost went bust and spent several seasons in a league below Rovers. It’s hardly a new phenomenon is it?

Also, surely people are just misusing the word ‘hate’ for effect? How could you hate a football team as a fully functioning adult?

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I mean, just in the last decade we almost went bust and spent several seasons in a league below Rovers. It’s hardly a new phenomenon is it?

Also, surely people are just misusing the word ‘hate’ for effect? How could you hate a football team as a fully functioning adult?

If fans didn’t dislike other teams whether mildly or intensely, there would be no rivalries to speak of. 

What constitutes a fully functioning adult?

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

As much as I like to see Dunfermline struggle and it's great to point and laugh sometimes I'd be bitterly disappointed if they did go down, would take 4 great games and atmosphere's away from us next season (just get rid of the shite patter guys), it's also a fantastic feeling to have the bragging rights for however short (or long) period of time.

Would never bring myself to 'hate' them, as far as the fans go I have too much respect for the vast majority to 'hate' them as they choose their local team over the dark forces week in week out, much like our guys do.

I say vast majority as I'm well aware most teams in this league will have a small number of complete fanny's that follow them or come out for the big games only.