Pars v Rovers

Calling people gay, mongos, sex offenders, paedos and the like is absolutely chronic patter. The mentality of a 8 year old in a playground. 

Singing about Norrie McCathie is disgusting. Never understood the mentality of people who seek to score points at a football match by mocking people who’ve died - be it Hillsborough, the Ibrox disaster or individuals. There is absolutely no excuse for these clowns and they are an embarrassment to our club. 

19 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Wait, our fans are singing about a 17 year old who is on loan to Cowdenbeath being a sex offender? Sorry, but that’s truly awful ‘patter’. Assuming it’s this guy…

https://www.raithrovers.net/48934/luke-mahady-2.htm

I think Luke is a west fife lad as well but as everyone says bad patter

Edited by Been going too long

Oh and before I come across as Chief Inspector of the fun police, people spilling onto the pitch is good patter and should be encouraged in all circumstances. 

Also, people offering each other square goes from over a polisman's shoulder, that they know won't ever come to fruition - very funny, more of that too please. 

29 minutes ago, 101 said:

It was Luke MaHadry (sp?) He didn't have a wiki page and couldn't see any news articles so presuming it's complete nonsense, better songs to sing.

Will be interesting to see where both clubs end up in Jimmy's fans league in the mid week special.

Most probably his Dunfermline supporting pals/people he was at school with, given Mahady is only 17. 

Not that it makes it alright, granted. 

Calling out behaviour on P&B is all fair and well.

It needs to be reported to the clubs involved.

Our Fans rep and SLO, also the programme editor called this out and lo and behold the singing section went quiet for the next game.

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Both unacceptable. 2 wrongs don’t make a right. Unfortunately for both teams, these will be the guys that won’t turn up at all until the next derby. Then we’ll hear the same stuff and both supports will look bad again.

We also seemed to sing (again) about someone being a sex offender. I’ve got no idea who that was even about (Luke someone I think?). But there’s no need for that stuff - unless I’ve missed something with someone at Rovers being placed on the register?

I’ve heard this song a few times this season from the rovers end and it is so cringeworthy

The guys in the NW make a good noise and help the atmosphere a lot at times. However, any chants about paedos or “takes it up the arse” are beyond embarrassing.
We have loads of other songs without resorting to that shite.

Absolutely this. They do a good job creating an atmosphere and EEP would be a terrible experience for fans and players without these guys turning up in numbers and making that noise. But I’d much rather they focused on supporting the team than making up rubbish like that to sing about opposition.

To be fair, most weeks it’s all about us. It’s when it comes to these ‘bigger’ games and that section is twice as full as usual that we tend to get these songs. The ones there every week don’t appear to be the issue and should be encouraged to continue making noise and getting behind the team. Not excusing what happened last night. But I’d imagine a lot of those who were singing these songs won’t be back at a Pars game until the new year derby.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Oh and before I come across as Chief Inspector of the fun police, people spilling onto the pitch is good patter and should be encouraged in all circumstances. 

Also, people offering each other square goes from over a polisman's shoulder, that they know won't ever come to fruition - very funny, more of that too please. 

Pars fans claiming the derby doesn't matter, before rampaging to Bam Up Rovers fans. Ringing out a chorus of "The kingdom is ours" then at a peep when Sir Bradley of Spencer sets up grown men to knee slide on the pitch ruining their pepe jeans.

Top notch stuff

Songs about Norrie/SJM along with a pretty vile one about Berra not so much. 

I clearly heard our fans calling McGlynn a "mongo". They created a brilliant atmosphere last night to be fair but sad that they spoiled it with that type of song. No need.

Heard the “takes it up the arse” last time at Starks from our lot too. As others have said, there’s thousands of other funny songs/insults out there for the wind-up factor.

Saw a cracking video the other day of West Ham and Spurs fans giving it “mon then” either side of a wall in the concourse. The wee door gets burst open and everyone still stands there doing f**k all to each other. Incredible behaviour. Every week please.

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Aye the eyeballing at the cage and screaming about meeting outside is hillarious when you could easily take 3 paces down and go over a small red railing should you really want a square go ! Would take that over the morgue like atmosphere of most games

Agree whole heartedly with all the homophobia and paedo stuff, its infantile. 

I would also like to bring up my own pet peeve of a song...."You're just a wee teeeeam (a shrewd deduction, no arguments there) we f**kin' hate you, you're just a wee team"

It should be "We don't even hate you, you're just a wee team

If you could kindly bring this to the attention of your nearest 14 year old Stone Islander, it would be much appreciated. 

P.S. Overall, well done to those laddies, bit naive of course but no one else is making any noise at East End

Edited by Stoo61

55 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Agree whole heartedly with all the homophobia and paedo stuff, its infantile. 

I would also like to bring up my own pet peeve of a song...."You're just a wee teeeeam (a shrewd deduction, no arguments there) we f**kin' hate you, you're just a wee team"

It should be "We don't even hate you, you're just a wee team

If you could kindly bring this to the attention of your nearest 14 year old Stone Islander, it would be much appreciated. 

P.S. Overall, well done to those laddies, bit naive of course but no one else is making any noise at East End

Never head anything but the “we fucking hate you” version.

Edited by Enigma

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Heard the “takes it up the arse” last time at Starks from our lot too. As others have said, there’s thousands of other funny songs/insults out there for the wind-up factor.

Saw a cracking video the other day of West Ham and Spurs fans giving it “mon then” either side of a wall in the concourse. The wee door gets burst open and everyone still stands there doing f**k all to each other. Incredible behaviour. Every week please.

image.gif.84490402201ab27d5ddee9bdce0860b6.gif

26 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Even if they were signing about how "we don't even hate you", there was an absolute procession of rattled laddies streaming along the North West section after our goal. No idea what they were thinking they'd actually be able to do, but they look seething on Full Replay which is up on Raith TV. 

30 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I know. Which I believe is daft and somewhat contradictory. 

Cant be just a wee team, lowly, insignificant AND important enough to incite strong feelings such as hatred.  

Easy fix.