Pars v Rovers

df4b7e0b39893171161de6f10df769e5.jpg

Honestly, could the guy look any more miserable? I don’t think he wants to be here anymore.
He was expecting to be paid off after the QoS game and was as shocked as everybody else to still be in a job.

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

That number 15 at Rovers' goal should be shot.

H82SB7J.gif

Number 11 that opens the space up nicely by running out the way, tbh. Good lad. 

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Honestly, could the guy look any more miserable? I don’t think he wants to be here anymore.

Decent chance he'd have been binned had Dunfermline lost the game, so you think he'd be a bit happier with a potential job saver. The man's a clown. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Seeing that video just now makes me really angry. What kind of person manages a team all week then one of his players scores a really special goal, sits on his arse writing in his notepad.

He knew a late Rover’s equaliser was coming. Man’s a genius. 

25 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

To be fair, Mo Hutton looks equally as disappointed. Maybe DT23 had left skids in his slips and Mo wasn't happy. The celebration was a GIFUY to Mo.

26 minutes ago, grumswall said:
32 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
Hope the group of Raith supporters singing songs about our former captain (now deceased) had a safe journey home. Vile c***s.

Never heard any of that. Pretty disgusting though.

It’s true sadly, probably around 10 folk up at the pie stand at half time. Was in response to Pars fans singing about John McGlynn being a ‘mongo’ but still absolutely no excuse. 

Edited by roverthemoon

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

It’s true sadly, probably around 10 folk up at the pie stand at half time. Was in response to Pars fans singing about John McGlynn being a ‘mongo’ but still absolutely no excuse. 

Both equally unacceptable song choices. Tempers did get a bit frayed at the pie stand/gate/cage 

Both unacceptable. 2 wrongs don’t make a right. Unfortunately for both teams, these will be the guys that won’t turn up at all until the next derby. Then we’ll hear the same stuff and both supports will look bad again.

We also seemed to sing (again) about someone being a sex offender. I’ve got no idea who that was even about (Luke someone I think?). But there’s no need for that stuff - unless I’ve missed something with someone at Rovers being placed on the register?

20 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

No need for any norrie songs, most probably don’t even know who he was . No excuse for that and the young team bring a lot but need educated on that 

4 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

No need for any norrie songs, most probably don’t even know who he was . No excuse for that and the young team bring a lot but need educated on that 

I clearly heard our fans calling McGlynn a "mongo". They created a brilliant atmosphere last night to be fair but sad that they spoiled it with that type of song. No need.

12 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Think Ross should be cut some slack.Pretty sure hes not had much in the way of game time since he left Aberdeen in june/july

To be honest I didn’t mean it in a negative spin, appreciate he has barely kicked a ball. 

McGlynn went attacking from the off and I think he just looked a tad lost in that central role, and appreciate he had probably been asked to play that role from the gaffer. 

I’d have probably played Connolly in the 10 role and played Ross out wide - just my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Both unacceptable. 2 wrongs don’t make a right. Unfortunately for both teams, these will be the guys that won’t turn up at all until the next derby. Then we’ll hear the same stuff and both supports will look bad again.

We also seemed to sing (again) about someone being a sex offender. I’ve got no idea who that was even about (Luke someone I think?). But there’s no need for that stuff - unless I’ve missed something with someone at Rovers being placed on the register?

It was Luke MaHadry (sp?) He didn't have a wiki page and couldn't see any news articles so presuming it's complete nonsense, better songs to sing.

Will be interesting to see where both clubs end up in Jimmy's fans league in the mid week special.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

It was Luke MaHadry (sp?) He didn't have a wiki page and couldn't see any news articles so presuming it's complete nonsense, better songs to sing.

Will be interesting to see where both clubs end up in Jimmy's fans league in the mid week special.

He’s also 16/17.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

I can’t do Simpsons Gifs but if I could, it would be the Halloween one where the aliens are cooking for them - “well, if you wanted to make Peter Grant cry, mission accomplished.”

To be fair, in these times of greater appreciation of mental health issues, maybe someone at the club should see how he’s doing. Probably has the weight of the world (well, West Fife anyway) on his shoulders.

Edited by Scary Bear

Wait, our fans are singing about a 17 year old who is on loan to Cowdenbeath being a sex offender? Sorry, but that’s truly awful ‘patter’. Assuming it’s this guy…

https://www.raithrovers.net/48934/luke-mahady-2.htm

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Wait, our fans are singing about a 17 year old who is on loan to Cowdenbeath being a sex offender? Sorry, but that’s truly awful ‘patter’. Assuming it’s this guy…

https://www.raithrovers.net/48934/luke-mahady-2.htm

I'm fairly sure that's the name of the boy they were singing, I didn't know he was that young and I assume they didn't know he wasn't at the game :lol:

But regardless it's a chronic chant

Proper weirdo behaviour, that. Presumably that's had to have come from like a school rumour or something, because I'm not aware of anything remotely public. One of a number of lines crossed last night, it seems. 

Hopefully we're seeing a sort of shameful last hurrah for this "sex offender/paedo" patter which has been around for decades but has absolutely no place in 2021. 

As for songs about Norrie McCathie or a certain word aimed at John McGlynn which I won't repeat... It's shameful, it really is. Totally unnecessary, too. It's not like that aren't three hundred other things to have a dig at the other side for, without getting into this miserable "material".