Pars v Rovers

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

As I said to your previous post, it’s just mental. DT scored a brilliant goal. At the time, there was a decent chance of that saving Grant’s job. But because of who scored it, he couldn’t even applaud, smile or congratulate his player. Grant’s ego/arrogance is clearly more important to him. He’ll probably drop DT for celebrating in front of the bench like that.

Absolutely bizarre the whole bench goes daft apart from him.

12 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Yup as I remember. Grants arse rooted firmly to his seat after Doms goal. Looks gutted. 

9 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

The passion and will to win just oozes from that man. 

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

As I said to your previous post, it’s just mental. DT scored a brilliant goal. At the time, there was a decent chance of that saving Grant’s job. But because of who scored it, he couldn’t even applaud, smile or congratulate his player. Grant’s ego/arrogance is clearly more important to him. He’ll probably drop DT for celebrating in front of the bench like that.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Absolutely bizarre the whole bench goes daft apart from him.

Come on lads, it's just pure professionalism from the man. Maintaining his focus when everyone else is losing theirs.

8 hours ago, 101 said:

it's just typical explayers and coaches being thrown into the hat, the manager replacing Grant has to go beyond that.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Making a decision this morning, Jim McIntyre but hopefully the boards recruitment takes them beyond the usual suspects, I'm also assuming SP isn't available.

So does Jim McIntyre not fall under the ex players and coaches category? Your take on Dick Campbell doing nothing with a full time team was irrelevant, he’s currently having an absolute stormer with a part time team and has been getting a tune out of them for years now, there’s no fluke there. I don’t care if he didn’t do well with Partick Thistle in 2005

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

So does Jim McIntyre not fall under the ex players and coaches category? Your take on Dick Campbell doing nothing with a full time team was irrelevant, he’s currently having an absolute stormer with a part time team and has been getting a tune out of them for years now, there’s no fluke there. I don’t care if he didn’t do well with Partick Thistle in 2005

Jim won this league for us, it would be on that basis I would bring him back in. But I'm sure there are more attractive prospects in Europe for example, there can be no excuse for the board not holding a proper recruitment process, any business that fails to do that is utterly tin pot.

Completely agree Dick is having a brilliant run and has always done well but he know the players he can trust and will work with him inside out, I'll be honest I've not followed their recruitment closely but don't think they have brought talent through from youth level into the first team. As Grant seems unlikely to do that in the big positions, for example center half, so a new head coach should be wiling to do that.

Seeing that video just now makes me really angry. What kind of person manages a team all week then one of his players scores a really special goal, sits on his arse writing in his notepad.

Get this c**t tae f**k away from my club. He clearly doesn't want to be here & we don't want him.

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

Sure.

Making a decision this morning, Jim McIntyre but hopefully the boards recruitment takes them beyond the usual suspects, I'm also assuming SP isn't available.

The longer he stays the more picky I think the club has to be, imo.

Be careful what you wish for lads, you might get Ole 😂😂

Jim won this league for us, it would be on that basis I would bring him back in. But I'm sure there are more attractive prospects in Europe for example, there can be no excuse for the board not holding a proper recruitment process, any business that fails to do that is utterly tin pot.
Completely agree Dick is having a brilliant run and has always done well but he know the players he can trust and will work with him inside out, I'll be honest I've not followed their recruitment closely but don't think they have brought talent through from youth level into the first team. As Grant seems unlikely to do that in the big positions, for example center half, so a new head coach should be wiling to do that.

Dick Campbell had us sitting top of this league when we sacked him in 1999. He’s someone that players seem to respect and enjoy working with. I’d be happy if we brought him in, however given his age and other commitments, I don’t know how realistic that is. It’s one of these that we have to ask - does he just seem to be better than we have, or is he the right man? Any football manager in the world would be an improvement, but it doesn’t make them the right man for the job. I’d ask the same about McIntyre, who hasn’t achieved much since leaving us. Although, I have it on fairly good authority that he doesn’t want to return to management.

I do think we need experience, at least until the end of this season. Priority this season is survival in this league now. We honestly can’t afford to be planning for next season (or beyond) until safety is secured.