Pars v Rovers

12 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I mean it’s unlikely he’ll want to come but if I’m picking he’s getting the job. No reason why he shouldn’t be considered.

Dick hasn't done anything of note with a full time team and considering he works during the week with his company it's just typical explayers and coaches being thrown into the hat, the manager replacing Grant has to go beyond that.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Dick hasn't done anything of note with a full time team and considering he works during the week with his company it's just typical explayers and coaches being thrown into the hat, the manager replacing Grant has to go beyond that.

He wouldn’t have you in fucking 10th without a win. Not sure you’re in a position to be too fussy really.

Apparently applied for it in the summer but vice chairman doesn't like him so was told no chance.

5 minutes ago, GordieBoy80 said:
21 minutes ago, 101 said:

Apparently applied for it in the summer but vice chairman doesn't like him so was told no chance.

The vice chairman is a German businessman who I doubt would have heard of Dick 24 months ago.

26 minutes ago, 101 said:

So who would you go for?

35 minutes ago, 101 said:

Peter Grant had done the square root of f**k all as a manager was still given the job by our genius decision makers.

Dick Campbell was and is a far better option than Peter Grant. Doesn’t mean he’d be my first choice but the last two appointments were Crawford and Grant so I’m not feeling too picky.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I didn’t notice it at the time, but I really am a huge fan of about 7 of our players bamming up those weirdos in the NW after Spencer scores 😂

Spencer said in his interview on Raith TV that he saw them giving us stick when they scored so he thought he'd give them some back. 

Great stuff. 

I can see now why Pars fans are so despondent, outside of Thomas, who was positive and direct, there is barely a footballer in that team. Conditions didn’t really suit us as if a football game had broken out I would have fancied our chances. Corner flags were blowing in 4 different directions.

Didnt think the pitch was too bad but it cut up in a few isolated places and was surprised to see the groundsman just paying lip service to the goalmouth with the pitch fork rather than actually dealing with the few areas that needed it.

Ball boys had a mare, came onto a game in the second half but then performance dropped near the end.

Thought Lang looked good but I still got the fear every time he turned a striker and then had to turn a second one. Got away with it but feel like he has a howler in him. 

Love watching Danny Dyer’s deadliest donkeys at the cage. I had the father and son singing team beside me and they were giving it the ‘Come on then’s with the fake hold me back, I’ve missed that. The nick of some of the folk on both sides was hilarious.

Cant say I heard anything offensive or just didn’t realise it but I might be going deaf as I didn’t hear a word the tannoy announcer said neither.

Edited by ribzanelli

I didn’t notice it at the time, but I really am a huge fan of about 7 of our players bamming up those weirdos in the NW after Spencer scores [emoji23]
I remember under Barry Smith when we lost to Ayr there was a real feeling we lacked any b*****ds in our team. Your Jamie Adams type player who will rattle the opposition players and fans. I'm delighted to see that we've got a degree of shithousing in our team. Spencer called out that he wanted to give a bit back after seeing our fans getting taunted. As a fan, it's great to see and you can tell that the players do value the backing they get.

Even though he didn't play, Musonda had a huge grin on his face watching the fans singing Super John McGlynn.

Yup as I remember. Grants arse rooted firmly to his seat after Doms goal. Looks gutted. 

As I said to your previous post, it’s just mental. DT scored a brilliant goal. At the time, there was a decent chance of that saving Grant’s job. But because of who scored it, he couldn’t even applaud, smile or congratulate his player. Grant’s ego/arrogance is clearly more important to him. He’ll probably drop DT for celebrating in front of the bench like that.

7 hours ago, GordieBoy80 said:
7 hours ago, 101 said:
The vice chairman is a German businessman who I doubt would have heard of Dick 24 months ago.

Wrong. The vice chairman is still Billy Braisby.

Sure.

7 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

So who would you go for?

Making a decision this morning, Jim McIntyre but hopefully the boards recruitment takes them beyond the usual suspects, I'm also assuming SP isn't available.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Peter Grant had done the square root of f**k all as a manager was still given the job by our genius decision makers.

Dick Campbell was and is a far better option than Peter Grant. Doesn’t mean he’d be my first choice but the last two appointments were Crawford and Grant so I’m not feeling too picky.

The longer he stays the more picky I think the club has to be, imo.