Pars v Rovers

Just back from them match. Great strike from Dom Thomas to give the Pars the lead but that was a good end to the game. Young team seemed to enjoy it a lot. Still no away win at East End which is a slight disappointment.

Pete Grant loves a draw.

51 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Your fans just invaded the pitch after scraping a point against us.

The wee team will always be Raith Rovers.

And you will always be the shit team. The Pars at home, against a team missing 5 first team players and virtually nothing on the bench and you still can't win. As we sang at the end GOING DOWN.

Maybe it's rose tinted specs, maybe it's because we're pish, maybe it's because the Raith fans were in the North East in allocated seats, but I thought the atmosphere was pish compared to derby's of old. 

I'd started to consider that I just couldn't hear the Raith fans because off the sound being directed away? But you could hear them after the goal, for the first 80 minutes though they were mute, I thought it'd be bouncing.

The game wouldn't have deserved it like, draw a correct result really 

47 minutes ago, 101 said:

This^^^ Terrible game management from the manager.

Our game management has been pathetic all season. We have absolutely no idea how to control the situations in front of us.   There's enough experience on the pitch so it must come from the manager. Just simple things like taking time over throws and slowing the game down at the right times.  

Its been that long since we've been ahead in a game we had absolutely no idea what to do once we got there. 

As for the celebrations,  was it a tad excessive for some of to run 50 yards to go have a go at the rovers fans? Yes.  Was it excessive for rovers fans to go on the pitch? yes.  But its fitba,  its supposed to be OTT.

Edited by parsforlife

Just back cheers to the Pars fans for the parking tips. 

Strange one that, thought we looked pretty average today and definitely missed a few of the missing players.  First half we probably edged it a bit with the slightly better chances not that any were great. Second half Pars came out well and we struggled in the middle.  Fair play to the Pars scorer a cracking strike that’s beating any keeper and our defence backed off to give him the chance. 

towards the end Pars looked a team low on confidence and got deeper and deeper while trying to waste time as any team would but this surrender possession to us and we punished them.  Overalll a draw is probably about fair tonight. 

Can we all just be happy that nice man Peter Grant has a job next week. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Maybe it's rose tinted specs, maybe it's because we're pish, maybe it's because the Raith fans were in the North East in allocated seats, but I thought the atmosphere was pish compared to derby's of old. 

I'd started to consider that I just couldn't hear the Raith fans because off the sound being directed away? But you could hear them after the goal, for the first 80 minutes though they were mute, I thought it'd be bouncing.

I wasn't far from the home fans, and could hear both sets through most of the game, but it was faint.

It doesn't help when those who want to sing sit miles away from anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Most of the "young team" were at the most eastern point too which meant that there was far less interaction other than the goals. In all honesty, the atmosphere was flat all around the place. Not sure what it was but it just never really seemed to get going. In the second half, folk were more keen to slaughter the players than anything else. 

I felt that there was a big contrast between the teams. Dunfermline had an absolute tonne of possession and started the stronger of the two sides. The first half was a relatively even affair. Nobody really created much. Second half the Pars pressed us into a lot of daft errors and people were getting very frustrated. I didn't see where the chance for an equaliser would come from but credit to McGlynn as both Riley Snow and Mitchell seemed to offer us a bit more of an outlet even though neither of them were particularly influential. 

Cracking hit from Thomas and a composed finish from Spencer. In spite of all the Pars pressure, they did absolutely f**k all with it. For all of our lack of cohesion and build up play, we still had a couple of close chances from Connolly on our free kicks. For the chance just before our goal, it looked like it was blocked on the line by our own player. It's a cliché from a Rovers point of view, but we really missed Ross Matthews tonight. 

Absolutely brilliant stuff when the equaliser went in. Last year it was convenient to have the ability to watch games online but you really do miss jumping about after a late goal and hugging strangers. 

Dom Thomas was the clear MOTM from the two teams. Tom Lang was stand out for Rovers.  

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Always felt the north stand was good for keeping the noise in the area it's created.  But pretty poor at projecting that out into the rest of the ground. Guess its hard to have it both ways.

Yeh the roof design is really poor, always wondered if putting MDF over the singing section would help push the noise out the stand.

Thought our midfield didn’t really work tonight and Ross was a passenger most of the game - be good to have Matthews back in the line up. 

Credit to Lang thought he was fairly solid and looked comfy on the ball - one or two dodgy passes but other than that solid.

Young boy Mitchell gave us something different - looked sharp pacy and wanted to run the channels - would like to see more of him. 

My 8 year old boys first away game tonight let alone a derby - and we celebrated like mad. Seeing his face as the ball hit the net - that’s what it’s all about. He absolutely loves the Rovers!

As for the game itself, I'd agree we looked the more accomplished side in the first half without really looking like a goal was coming and I fancied us to win it. 

The early goal in the second half set us back though and we were absolutely hopeless for 20 minutes or so after that. It was such a poor goal to lose, Dow given the freedom of the pitch to tee up Thomas for a very good finish. As has been mentioned, I'm not sure we'd have conceded that goal with Matthews on the pitch. 

I did think the Pars would sink deeper the longer it stayed 1-0 and we started to get some joy out of putting crosses in on top of an increasingly panicky Pars backline. When Poplatnik blocked a goal bound shot almost on the line I thought it wasn't going to be our day but thankfully Spencer managed to drill one into the corner after picking up a loose clearance. 

Not a great outcome, but not a bad outcome either considering our lack of options. 

28 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

As for the celebrations,  was it a tad excessive for some of to run 50 yards to go have a go at the rovers fans? Yes.  Was it excessive for rovers fans to go on the pitch? yes.  But its fitba,  its supposed to be OTT.

^This^

Atmosphere was definitely flatter than most derbies but going a wee bit OTT when your team scores is what it’s all about 😂  

Was a bit surprised to see someone slate Tait earlier as he got pass marks in my books along with McDonald, Berra, Spencer and Tumilty. Blaise and Mitchell did well when they came on. Lang was stand out for me tonight. The boy was rolls royce, so calm and composed under pressure and can only recall only one mistake. Disappointed with their goal, not the defending as such but the failure to take the runner out. Someone should have taken one for the team.

We were far from our best tonight and weren’t really threatened bar Thomas’ wonder strike.

Atmosphere was great and much preferred being in the North stand. As for the fans, both were over the top with their celebrations but given we missed so much, I think we’re entitled to do so. As for the chants, I cant say I picked up anything offensive from either side but absolutely intolerable from both sides if true.

Lastly, there’s nothing you can do about the conditions but the state of that pitch was terrible. Disappointing not to see huge divots fixed during the break. I’ll take a plastic pitch over that every day of the week.

Strange game. We started ok and 33 looked absolutely horrendous so was initially hopeful of a win, but we faded off pretty quickly. Dunfermline won pretty much everything in the midfield and we badly missed Matthews. Goal summed that up with the player allowed to waltz up the field with no one interested in tackling him. Great finish though. 

We were so shite, probably one of poorest performance of the season, that I’d resigned myself to losing 1-0, but we were helped by the fact you’d not won in the league all season. You got jittery and sat back, allowing us back into it. Goal was fantastic as I was right behind it. Agree that the atmosphere was pretty subdued in our end until we scored. But after that it was very enjoyable. Old school ‘Going Down’ chants particularly good. Definitely felt we got away with one at the end. We played poorly but we didn’t lose, got the enjoyment of a late equaliser and we are one point closer to the top of the table. 

There was a bit of old style cage hassle at the pie stand at half time, in which neither set of fans covered themselves in glory. Pars fans singing about John McGlynn being a ‘mongo’ and Rovers fans signing about Norrie McCathie. Unacceptable shite. Plenty of ways to noise up the other side without resorting to that crap. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Fans celebrating is class, what it’s all about. Two teams who were average, we didn’t deserve to win it as we offered nothing bar a wonder-strike.
Wighton was a shitebag all night, an absolute waste of a place.
Substitutes were bizarre, Dow had a mare and was left on. Pybus was taken off too early then we camped on our own box for last 15 mins and it was inevitable Raith would equilize.

The final 20 mins of the first half Rovers were decent but second half probably the poorest we have played all season and we then started to run out of ideas and to be honest we didn’t play to the conditions tonight and as you could see the final 15 mins we started to go more direct and punt the ball in the box which in the end paid dividends,Cracking strike by Thomas but come on the amount of time and space was horrific. Considering the injuries and suspensions we had a point is not to bad in the end top performer for me was Tom Lang a right good ball player for being a centre half benny might struggle to get back in the team if Lang’s level of performance continues.