Pars v Rovers

I'd go with Poplatnik, but I have  a feeling McGlynn will put Zanatta up front and bring in Ethan Ross. 

Riley-Snow in for Matthews, not the same sort of player but we'll have to do. Lang will hopefully do fine beside Berra. 

We really, really could do with Musonda back as we are out of cover in both defence and central midfield now. 

11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Driving through for this after work, assume it’s easy enough to get parked round the local area, never actually gone through by car before? 

Aye any of the streets around Garvock Hill will be fine, I usually park near Lambert Drive if I'm driving and will be tonight. Alternatively there's a proper car park 5 minutes away on the other side of the Aldi, Leys Park Road it's called. I don't tend to park there but believe it's absolutely crap to get out of at full time.

20 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That’s a b*****d having three guaranteed starters confirmed as out already. Getting the fear about tonight now.

Doesn't take much to decimate our squad.

Don't mind Lang coming in for Bene, BRS for Matthews is an obvious downgrade - I really don't trust his positional game to play the role Matthews does and can see him missing runs or chasing the ball all night. Then again, maybe he'll have one of his good games....

You start Poplatnik who's been really good anyway, and hope he has 90 in him. This shouldn't be an issue, but for Vaughan's injury issues and Keatings being a feeble specimen of a man, apparently.

I wouldn't start all three of Zannatta, Ross and Connolly, partly because the way we play runs the three behind the striker into the ground, and you want to be able to get some fresh legs on and partly because that's where our creativity comes from and therefore is really our only tactical change. 

Driving through for this after work, assume it’s easy enough to get parked round the local area, never actually gone through by car before? 

Usually plenty space on Halbeath road and/or the streets just off Halbeath Road. Head up Garvock Hill way and you’ll find plenty space to park. Just make sure you don’t block anyone’s drive and you’ll be fine.

What happened to Benedictus on Saturday, I wasn't watching at that point, probably trying not to fall over as I was staggering all over the place, and just saw him hobbling off.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

What happened to Benedictus on Saturday, I wasn't watching at that point, probably trying not to fall over as I was staggering all over the place, and just saw him hobbling off.

It happened when Sutherland (?) had that shot that he bent just wide of the post. Benedictus slipped when Sutherland cut inside him.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

He went out to close someone down at the edge of the box and lost his footing. I don't know if he slipped because his hamstring went or his hamstring went because he slipped, but either way, we'll need to wait and see how bad it is. I've not seen any indication of a prognosis beyond missing the game tonight. 

I think the rovers will lose this they are too many injuries in key positions. Mcglyn won't start Poplatnik or whatever reason and Zanatta has been a bit off recently. Dunfermline are on a wee undefeated run at the minute. Plus if they win this it'll buy grant even more time.

I make it 16 available players tonight, but three of them are goalies. Six out including Vaughan/Musonda, and at least four would be starting. Probably five.

Bench will be Thomson, Young, Mitchell and whichever of the attacking players don’t start. You’d suspect Ethan Ross. Ross likely to be the only option from the bench, maybe Mitchell in desperation if we’re chasing or if Poplatnik is totally done.

Hard not to fear the worst here.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It happened when Sutherland (?) had that shot that he bent just wide of the post. Benedictus slipped when Sutherland cut inside him.

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

He went out to close someone down at the edge of the box and lost his footing. I don't know if he slipped because his hamstring went or his hamstring went because he slipped, but either way, we'll need to wait and see how bad it is. I've not seen any indication of a prognosis beyond missing the game tonight. 

Oh aye I mind Sutherland's shot.

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think the rovers will lose this they are too many injuries in key positions. Mcglyn won't start Poplatnik or whatever reason and Zanatta has been a bit off recently. Dunfermline are on a wee undefeated run at the minute. Plus if they win this it'll buy grant even more time.

Pretty much agree with this, Matthews suspended, Varion, Bene, Vaughn and Musonda out (4 of whom would start), if Dunfermline don't win tonight then I'd be very surprised, only shining light is that it will keep PG there for another couple of months if they do pick up the 3 points.

Edited by keyser_soze

You really do need to factor in that we are fucking rubbish - 6 league goals this season, 6.

We have next to no threat up front, you could play Val McDairmid at the back, it really won't matter. Our strikers have forgotten how to score.

Canny wait

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

You really do need to factor in that we are fucking rubbish - 6 league goals this season, 6.

We have next to no threat up front, you could play Val McDairmid at the back, it really won't matter. Our strikers have forgotten how to score.

Canny wait

Always thought Val would be a more combative midfielder

Raith's missing players list works both ways. We should get a win tonight with all the absences they have, so if we do win then PG stays - win for the other 9 teams. If we fail to win tonight against a depleted Raith squad then it adds more fuel to the fire to get rid  - a win for us.

We're fairly solid at the back. Connolly has made a massive difference and I'd be keen to keep him longer than January. Make no mistake that there's been huge improvements defensively, also OFW is in a rich vein of form, pulling off some really top drawer saves and collecting a good number of clean sheets. It's middle to front we're struggling with. The weird thing is we do have 3 good strikers but the chances for them is limited. Hopefully Iain Wilson being back in the middle will make a big impact for us. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

I could see Ross coming in for Mathews tonight and not BRS as he can play that sort of no 10 role, as it looked like that is where he was playing when he came on against Arbroath.  that would allow Spencer and Tait to sit slightly deeper and link the play between the defence and the forwards more effectively.  

I know that the two of them are not the defensive midfielder that we would need but it can be seen as an offensive change which may create problems for the Dunfermline defence.