Pars v Rovers

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Lang is an interesting case. We signed him from Clyde where he had a fantastic reputation. He looked decent enough in the limited time that we saw him (one Challenge Cup game I think) but then headed back on loan to Clyde without playing again for us. He then signed for the Rovers and a similar story seems to have emerged -barely, if ever, played. I wonder if there is something there to exploit.

Lang was probably brought in to pair with Bene, but now is to develop into Berra’s replacement, while McKay (away on loan) is likely JMcG’s thought to replace Bene eventually now. Berra was brought in to solidify the defence with his experience and has certainly done so, but at 36, he’ll likely miss a few games. Lang has played just fine in his limited time, with only a few minor yips of the sort expected as you learn to play with a group of players as experienced in reading each other’s minds as Tumilty/Bene/Berra/Dick.

That’s total shan that Ian Wilson is back for the pars. Some player who I would defo take for Rovers. 

He’s been out for some time so it’d be unfair to expect him to be as influential as he was pre injury. It’ll still be refreshing to have him back in the starting lineup.

Those who have seen more than the 2 or 3 games I’ve seen this season; would Wilson and Allan work in the middle?

Without sounding like a total roaster, the way Iain Wilson plays reminds me a bit of Yaya Toure, well obviously Toure is no where near as good. Tall, physical, good with the ball at his feet in tight spaces and will drive the team up the park. Can do the dirty work but also has the offensive part of his game, will chip in with the odd goal as well. I think PG done his Dorrans and Pybus signings this season thinking Wilson would be back sooner. Regardless I'm just happy he's back. Like @Rob1885 I'm looking forward to seeing him at East End in a Pars shirt, seen him cruise against us for QoS a fair few times.

20 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Without sounding like a total roaster, the way Iain Wilson plays reminds me a bit of Yaya Toure, well obviously Toure is no where near as good. Tall, physical, good with the ball at his feet in tight spaces and will drive the team up the park. Can do the dirty work but also has the offensive part of his game, will chip in with the odd goal as well. I think PG done his Dorrans and Pybus signings this season thinking Wilson would be back sooner. Regardless I'm just happy he's back. Like @Rob1885 I'm looking forward to seeing him at East End in a Pars shirt, seen him cruise against us for QoS a fair few times.

Av only seen him when playing the Rovers,  but agree with your observation with Wilson. He was annoying to watch because he was affective and organised on and off the ball. The Pars will finally find their feet when his back in. 

Can only agree with what's been said about Wilson. Iv always been impressed when iv seen him and he's the only cm you have that I'd take in our team. When can we expect Dow to be punted to cm tomorrow? He seems out of form but undroppable for you? If grant had any sense he'd play Thomas and Kennedy wide tomorrow, with ohara and Wighton through the middle. I'm hoping he's going to do, well, Peter grant things and keep launching the ball long so berra can have an easy night though.
I think with Matthews out, Wilson has to start for the pars. I also think that would see the pars pick up their first win.

38 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, steakngravy said:
It might do him some good to sit beside descent supporters. emoji106.pngemoji1.png

He's already amongst a support that's on the way down.

I was under the impression that it was East Fife where a lot of the supporters were going down…

Driving through for this after work, assume it’s easy enough to get parked round the local area, never actually gone through by car before? 

interesting game didn’t realise we’d not won in the league through Dunfermline since 09 genuinely surprised at that.  We’re playing well away from home but missing players could be a big factor here. Pars are certainly not playing well but as mentioned you’ve got some decent players in an underperforming squad and while you’re not winning games you’re grinding out draws even against the top teams. 

on current form we should win this but derby games are never that straight forward so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s close like the previous fixture with a goal either way. Still can’t see the Pars finishing near the bottom as there’s too many good players in your squad. For me it’s a straight shoot out between Morton and Accies for bottom but a lot depends on who spends a little bit extra to change manager or bring in a player. 

hopefully a good game and atmosphere, always enjoy a Fife derby.  

8 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

interesting game didn’t realise we’d not won in the league through Dunfermline since 09 genuinely surprised at that.  

I was surprised too, then I had a think about it, and I only go to the occasional derby game at EEP.

The only league game I’ve been in attendance where we’ve lost was the league decider in 2011. That apart I’ve seen a couple of draws - 0-0 with Locke in charge and 2-2 with McGlynn. Then it’s the 2-0 win for us. I went to the Ramsdens Cup game where we won 2-0 on the way to winning the cup, and the 3-1 League Cup defeat. That’s my lot from this century. So unsurprisingly I think our record through there is excellent.